Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's Talk about Pets

d0ublestr0ker0ll

Well, the time has come. Knew it was coming and have been dreading it. Looks like my little angle has finally started that downhill turn that they do when they're at an advanced age. She's nearly 16 and that's advanced for her breed. She's been a great dog and I am glad for the time we have had. We're watching her closely while we wait to take her to the vet. She probably won't make it to that date and we're not going to have her suffer trying to get there. Never easy at these times but it's good to have all those nice memories. That and being accepted as her "Daddy Jay." She's not been one to give that love to just anyone.  She's sleeping comfortably right now. A lot like this.

shelbysleeping.jpeg

• Sad 8

NATIONAL DRESS UP YOUR PET DAY

National Dress Up Your Pet Day on January 14th provides a special day to celebrate with your pet and show off their fashion style. Pets do become part of one’s family. Whether you take a visit to the groomer or take it a step further and dress up in matching outfits, be sure your pet companion is safe and comfortable. 

Click on the link for more

In honor of National Dress Up Your Pet Day I'll re-post this picture of Zeke:

VqRt4xq.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I Has a Sweet Potato

You know, a lot of times I write up random posts and then don't post them. But Best Beloved just called me, and I could not really explain why I was inarticulate about sweet potatoes, so I said I'd go ahead and post this. That way, she can read it at work and know just what kind of day it has been. (Short version, for those who do not feel like reading the whole post: ARRRRRRG. ****ing sweet potatoes.)

The longer version, summarized in conversation form:

Dog: I am starving.
Me: Actually, no. You aren't starving. You get two very good meals a day. And treats. And Best Beloved fed you extra food while I was gone.
Dog: STARVING.
Me: I saw you get fed not four hours ago! You are not starving.
Dog: Pity me, a sad and tragic creature, for I can barely walk, I am so starving. WOE.
Me: I am now ignoring you.
Dog: STARVING.
Dog: Did you hear me? I am starving.
Dog: Are you seriously ignoring me? Fine.

[There is a pause, during which the dog exits the room in a pointed manner.]

[From the kitchen, there comes a noise like someone is eating a baseball bat.]

Me, yelling: What the hell are you doing?
Me: *makes haste for the kitchen and finds dog there*
Dog: *picks up entire raw sweet potato, which is what was causing the baseball bat noise, and flees for the bedroom*
Me: *chases dog, retrieves most of sweet potato, less the portion which has disappeared into dog's gullet*
Dog: See? STARVING.
Me: ...That can't be good for you. It's a RAW SWEET POTATO.
Dog: I had to do it. I haven't been fed. Ever.
Me: You realize you aren't normal. Normal dogs don't steal raw sweet potatoes.
Dog, sadly: I was badly brought up.
Me: Yes. Yes, you were.
Dog: By people who starved me.
Me: Oh, no. I am not doing this again.
Me: *exits the room, bearing sweet potato*

[There is a pause.]

[There is a noise like someone is trying to eat a baseball bat very very quietly.]

Me: Oh, for the love of GOD.
Me: *heads off to the kitchen*
Dog: I am not eating a raw sweet potato.
Me: You have sweet potato parts all over your snout.
Dog: But you don't actually SEE a raw sweet potato, do you? So maybe that's just - um. A birthmark.
Me: Did you seriously eat a whole sweet potato?
Dog: You don't listen. I told you, I wasn't eating a sweet potato.
Me, searching around fruitlessly: Look. NO MORE SWEET POTATOES.
Me: Oh, what am I saying? This is you we're talking about, here. *goes to hide all the sweet potatoes that are left - which isn't many - in the fridge, because some people cannot be trusted*
Dog: *attempts to look thwarted*
Dog: *does not succeed, because her tail is wagging so hard small cyclones are forming in the kitchen*
Me: *has a very bad feeling about this*

[There is a pause, during which I do not even bother trying to return to what I was doing. I just stand in the computer room, waiting.]

[There is, as I wholly expected, a baseball-bat-eating noise.]

Click on the link for the rest

• Haha 3

Bidens welcome new family cat to the White House

First lady Jill Biden has revealed the long-awaited Biden family cat.

She is a short-haired, two-year-old gray tabby named Willow. The name is inspired by the first lady's hometown of Willow Grove, Pennsylvania.

220128050327-03-white-house-cat-medium-p

Biden first met Willow at a campaign stop in 2020, according to information provided by the first lady's press secretary Michael LaRosa, when the cat jumped on stage and the owners of the farm where the event was being held noticed the "immediate bond"they shared.

220128045659-01-white-house-cat-exlarge-

"Willow is settling into the White House with her favorite toys, treats, and plenty of room to smell and explore," LaRosa said in a statement.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just had a new tenant/roommate move into my house.  He has a 5 year old female pit mix named Indie.  She is a very nice dog, but not particularly friendly to my dog.  My dog is a 1 year old shepard/labrador mix named Waffle, and he always wants to play.  When they are playing she is pretty rough, but her tail is wagging and she never actually closes her jaws on Waffle.  There are times when she has almost his entire head in her jaws and I am a bit anxious, but I feel like I am able to read dogs well enough to know that she has no ill intentions.  Still, I can sense she has some alpha in her, and my Waffle is a little sweet doggy that would never fight another dog in a million years.  Some of it is also that he is always bugging her wanting to play and she snaps back.  So it is a little bit of him being annoying and a little bit of her being a tyrant, occasionally she will go at him for no reason.  She also eats his food - I am trying to stop that.

There are tons of holes in my backyard from Waffle digging, and it worries me when I see them running around at full speed.  I'm worried he will step in one of them and mess up a leg.  I was watching him walk today and it appeared he was limping, might just be my mind playing tricks on me.  Gonna try to fill those holes in as much as possible this weekend with my roommates help.  I have never had two dogs in the house at the same time, and so far I would say I am enjoying it :)  Indie wags her tail a lot and seems to like me, so that is good.  I think overall it is good for Waffle to have someone to play with, albeit roughly.  He has kind of a rough play style too so it's cool.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1