Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's Talk about Pets

d0ublestr0ker0ll

This is how he looked before the haircut. It seems like he's about 1/2 the size now. The hair pile was as big as he is

PXL_20240506_180424019.jpg

PXL_20240506_180430884.jpg

I don't really know how to cut his hair so my wife does his face. It doesn't seem to look any worse than the other Shih Tzu dogs I see at the dog park.

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

I cut Noggins hair to keep him from overheating during the summer.

He doesn't look like the same dog anymore.

PXL_20240528_042228955.jpg

PXL_20240528_205240887.jpg

That second picture looks like he's saying "I'm not happy, what have you done to me?!"

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, China said:

That second picture looks like he's saying "I'm not happy, what have you done to me?!"

Yeah I'm telling him to look at me for the picture and he doesn't want to do it lol.

He's sleeping on my foot now.

PXL_20240529_053747836.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Foxtails grow like crazy in the summer. I never knew they were so dangerous for pets. Poor Waffle got one stuck in his paw, just had emergency surgery to remove it. He is back home but super groggy and scared. **** all over the backseat of my car. Poor little guy.

• Sad 4

Poor puppy. I'm constantly looking out for Dancer. Right now I only walk her in familiar places. Across the road they cleared a huge lot to build a small shopping place. I'm constantly looking for rattlesnakes too. 

So we've had a deer come by the house last week and again today.  Last week Onyx met the deer and was a bit afraid of it, getting a puffy tail:

T4BH5Uq.jpeg

Today, it came by again and met our older cat Lucy.  She wasn't as afraid, but still asked to come back inside:

IeUUfMf.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I'm a damn fool. I was chilling on the couch with Waffle, he has been doing well since his surgery. Took his cone off his head. Went to the bathroom for 3 minutes. Came back and he chewed off his stitches 😣 Big open wound. I didn't want to wait until tomorrow to take him to his regular vet, so went to ER. $830 later he is stitched up again. Groggy as hell and scared. Poor guy. Lesson learned.

• Sad 8

Elli passed the stay home alone while Mom's at work and Dad goes out to eat lunch and drink with his buddies test with flying colors.

On a sad note she lost her brother moose a couple weeks ago.  He was a trooper and helped raise her for the first year despite a one month cancer diagnosis a year ago.  Second pic is moose that morning telling me he was done.  Poor boy.

Next Wednesday me and the Mrs and Elli are going up to the mountains and spread his ashes in a canyon he really loved.

IMG_20240317_174458145.jpg

IMG_20240516_080606032.jpg

• Sad 9

2 hours ago, The 12th Commandment said:

Elli passed the stay home alone while Mom's at work and Dad goes out to eat lunch and drink with his buddies test with flying colors.

On a sad note she lost her brother moose a couple weeks ago.  He was a trooper and helped raise her for the first year despite a one month cancer diagnosis a year ago.  Second pic is moose that morning telling me he was done.  Poor boy.

Next Wednesday me and the Mrs and Elli are going up to the mountains and spread his ashes in a canyon he really loved.

IMG_20240317_174458145.jpg

IMG_20240516_080606032.jpg

My condolences.  I remember getting that look from one of my cat's years ago.  Sad, but glad you could ease his passing.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, China said:

My condolences.  I remember getting that look from one of my cat's years ago.  Sad, but glad you could ease his passing.

So hard to make that call.  He had my back there like he always did.  

I appreciate the kind thoughts from all y'all.  It's what we sign up for owning pets and we still get the better end of the deal.

Edited by The 12th Commandment
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1