Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's Talk about Pets

d0ublestr0ker0ll

The murderous creature you live with is a murderous creature, a study confirms

gettyimages-1054147940-f05675101c3cea817

More scientific evidence has surfaced to show that while Mittens may be your sweet angel, letting her roam outside is also a big threat to biodiversity.

Who are they? A single woman's life companion. A dog lover's scapegoat. They are the freaky little furry guys we know as the cat.

Here's my son. His name is Martin. He's an apartment cat. He yells at me all day. He just figured out how to slam cabinet doors when he wants my attention.

72365281196__4bb6888d-85d6-468b-b031-4e8

What's the big deal? Scientists reviewed more than 100 years' worth of scientific studies to gain a better understanding of which animals free-ranging cats will prey upon or scavenge.

The resulting paper, published in Nature Communications, found that free-ranging cats (including domestic and feral) will eat 2,084 different species of birds, mammals, reptiles, amphibians and insects. There were even cows on that list, though they were probably the result of scavenging rather than hunting.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Cameron came inside for about 2 minutes before she freaked out and tried to get back out by slamming herself against the slider...which was closed...I had to do some curtain repair, too.  :( (She jumped up on 'em.)

I just hate that she's out in the cold...I put a fresh blanket that I was going to donate in her little chair & she seems okay. 

• Sad 2

I swear, Chewy is the best customer/delivery service.   I have one autoship every month, I can add or delete things with ease.  They're super helpful on the phone, and even give me discounts that are "expired" .

Puuuurrrrr.

• Thumb up 3

5 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

She's pretty! She looks like my Kai from years ago.

4 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Beautiful markings.  She's so cute! 

I LOVE KITTIES! 😻

Marble's a rescue kitty. She had been with the shelter for months because she hid from everyone who came to see her (not too surprising considering the horrible situation she was found in). Once we got her home she spent a little over a day hiding under the sideboard and then amazingly must have decided it was safe and came out to say hello and we've not looked back since!

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

Marble's a rescue kitty. She had been with the shelter for months because she hid from everyone who came to see her (not too surprising considering the horrible situation she was found in). Once we got her home she spent a little over a day hiding under the sideboard and then amazingly must have decided it was safe and came out to say hello and we've not looked back since!

Paw-some! 

• Thumb up 1

I feed the kitties their one "wet food" meal of the day around this time in the afternoon...I put Cameron's out on the deck and Smoke is laying on the railing looking for her, not touching it.  (Of course, I put a serving out for him, poor guy.)  😻

And one neighbor's black lab got out & was running the street...PJ isn't in the best shape and it was funny watching him on the chase.  (All is well now.) 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2