Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's Talk about Pets

d0ublestr0ker0ll

I keep changing Cameron's water bowls because they keep freezing.  She sits at the slider, I open it and try to coax her in, she'll meow and poke her head in, then walk away.  I don't think she understands that I can't just leave it open for her.  (As soon as I close it, she goes back to sitting there, looking in.)  I thought about trapping her & putting her in a bedroom by herself, but I think that would freak her out even more than the cold weather...nevermind the other cats doing their investigation on the other side of the door in the hallway.  

A true conundrum. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Harper, seen here, choking a squirrel to death. 

IMG_0110.jpeg

Umm, yeah, you walked in on him and that's what he'd like you to believe.  Boom chicka bow wow.

• Haha 5

So our dog had pancreatitis, very low levels initially treated with antibiotics and any nausea meds last Monday. Took her to her regular vet today where she was injected with cerenia (wasn’t mentioned as a side effect) this afternoon. She’s now peeing uncontrollably and looking for water. We’re going to take her back to the vet tomorrow and put an impromptu diaper on her tonight but I’m wondering if it could be something serious? 

Edited by Berggy9598
  • Sad 5

• 3 weeks later...

Noggin wants to pee on everything when I take him for a walk and sometimes when he can't get the right angle on something he will circle around and finally do sort of a hand stand with both back legs in the air. I need to get a picture but it's difficult because it's just for a second then he realizes that he's a weirdo. :rofl89:

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Finally remembered how to change my profile pic to my current dog, Nikki who is a year and a half.  We just got back from the beach where she saw the ocean for the first time.  It went exactly as I had expected, she got the zoomies and then ran into the surf.  She loves the water and I knew this would get her excited.

I was thinking about recording it but then remembered the time we were whale watching in Maine and I spent the whole trip trying to get the perfect picture (which never happened) and I missed the experience.   So this time I just enjoyed seeing my baby discover new things.  She is so much fun.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

Deck kitty update. 

Buddy (tuxedo) had a huge chunk bitten out of his neck, much like the all-black kitty I nursed twice for the same thing years ago.  He won't let me to touch him, so I couldn't get anything on it, but he healed up well by himself.   Smoke is a big all silver/gray and he's out there now hangin' with Buddy and Cameron (she never leaves the deck or the back yard).  I started to get a pic, but they all started to scatter and it's raining...I wanted them to stay undercover so I retreated. 

So it's 3 inside, 3 outside now. 

I love cats.  :D

• Like 3

Smoke has always let me pet him, and he rubs his face on everything, so I know he's used to humans.  I was grabbing the wet food bowls off the deck and he just walked right in with me. 

Everyone is freaking out, including me.  (Sabrina is in the window, behind curtains.) 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Dog sitting for my folks and their dog, a very persnickety ****zu poodle something or other, is being pestered by Elli (who's ten months now) to no end.  She sneaks up behind him and nips his tail and the runs like hell.  It's like a combo of terrible twos and a teenager all in one.  My old guy Moose is enjoying her attention being focused elsewhere.😂

• Haha 4