Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's Talk about Pets

d0ublestr0ker0ll

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ct491Sbgy3I/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

So my wife's dumbass cat went about 50+ feet up a tree and wouldn't come down.  Contrary to popular myth, firemen don't get cats out of trees. After waiting a few days, I started contacting tree companies, but none responded. Neighbors posted complaints on the community msg board because of the constant crying. Finally one of my friends found a volunteer one man service called CatManDo who came out for free.  I got the last 20 seconds recorded on my phone. The results may surprise you...

• Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Ms. Kitty tends to try to kill me with a nail in the middle of the night sometimes.  It could be my foot, leg, head, whatever. 

Last night, it was the top of my left pointer finger.   I'm right-handed, but this really a;lsdje20dj;s4m7vxjh9

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

Going to pick up this little girl shortly. Elli for the Norse goddess of peace and justice.  3/4 dachshund chiweenie. 

Old man moose, my 10 year old schnauzer mix, is in for a rude awakening 😂.  Been five years since we lost his sister the Brittany.  Struggled with getting another little one instead of a bird dog, I've had one for most of my adult life, but I haven't been out bird hunting much these past years and it's a real chore keeping them exercised so they don't get neurotic.

IMG_20230731_080649.jpg

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

4 hours ago, The 12th Commandment said:

Going to pick up this little girl shortly. Elli for the Norse goddess of peace and justice.  3/4 dachshund chiweenie. 

Old man moose, my 10 year old schnauzer mix, is in for a rude awakening 😂.  Been five years since we lost his sister the Brittany.  Struggled with getting another little one instead of a bird dog, I've had one for most of my adult life, but I haven't been out bird hunting much these past years and it's a real chore keeping them exercised so they don't get neurotic.

IMG_20230731_080649.jpg

So cute! 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What’s the most you have or would pay a vet to save your pet?  Specifically if it matters, a cat.

yes, there is a back story but just wondering in advance if I’m an asshole or a pragmatist 

**edit** acknowledging that financial situations can dictate a $$ amount.  Maybe:  what % of annual income would be a better question(?)

Edited by stoshuaj

34 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

What’s the most you have or would pay a vet to save your pet?  Specifically if it matters, a cat.

yes, there is a back story but just wondering in advance if I’m an asshole or a pragmatist 

**edit** acknowledging that financial situations can dictate a $$ amount.  Maybe:  what % of annual income would be a better question(?)

It probably depends on a number of factors, including your own financial situation, how well the treatment will work, etc.

I can say I spent a lot of money (I never totalled it up) to treat my cat's leukemia.  It was ultimately unsuccessful, but I don't regret it.  But then I could afford it.  If I wasn't as financially secure, I probably wouldn't have pursued all the avenues of treatment I did.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I’m mostly just venting/verbalizing semi out loud.  Ex and adult son just spent enough $$ that could have provided spay/neuter service and/or adoption fees to help literally >100 of animals.

not really my lane or money but damn…..instead a vet’s winter vacation to the Bahamas is paid for 🤦‍♂️ 

Edited by stoshuaj

• 2 weeks later...