Extremeskins

Let's Talk about Pets

d0ublestr0ker0ll

Our kitten, Onyx, keeps us entertained:

Seen here lounging in the window:

zhJqr52.jpg

And here, helping me make dinner:

zlT0vqG.jpg

Our older cat Lucy is not a fan, probably because he's always following her around wanting to play and she just wants to be left alone:

my2XLoV.jpg

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, stoshuaj said:

Went to the Humane Society about a month and ended up w Ramen Noodle.  He’s my boy but when he first came in, damned his **** stunk.  As in literally eye watering.  

They were feeding him Cat Chow.  I bumped him up to a cpl different iterations of $25/bag primo stuff.  Still no bueno.

Seriously considered parting ways.  Shared a cpl chicken breasts for dinner and blammo, immediate change.  Changed him over to canned food, the cheap stuff w the occasional chicken/ham supplement.  Life is good.

Sorry for the dissertation but yeah, it was bad.

50B66848-F030-4278-B93A-8003B10DA91B.jpeg

Try Fresh Pet. Originally for dogs, they now have cat food too. In a cold case in supermarkets. My dog loves it. I don't know of the varieties for cats. For dogs it's pretty good. More like fresh food. Website below.

https://freshpet.com

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

image.thumb.jpeg.394af05d4c04a942e9a4f42b741e2665.jpeg

510S-Zd4CpL._SY1000_.jpg

Who did it better? 

Baby and dog for sure!

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, stoshuaj said:

Went to the Humane Society about a month and ended up w Ramen Noodle.  He’s my boy but when he first came in, damned his **** stunk.  As in literally eye watering.  

They were feeding him Cat Chow.  I bumped him up to a cpl different iterations of $25/bag primo stuff.  Still no bueno.

Seriously considered parting ways.  Shared a cpl chicken breasts for dinner and blammo, immediate change.  Changed him over to canned food, the cheap stuff w the occasional chicken/ham supplement.  Life is good.

Sorry for the dissertation but yeah, it was bad.

50B66848-F030-4278-B93A-8003B10DA91B.jpeg

Maybe try a grain-free version of kibble?  It worked for me.  I started with Nutro Duck and Sweet Potato (helps settle their stomachs) but it's hard to find, even on Chewy.  They're on Nutro Senior Cat now, but prefer cheap-ass wet food that I only give once a day as a treat because wet food is terrible for their teeth. 

Neighborhood deck kitties get Meow Mix and the same wet food.  No probs.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Thanks, @China.  So sad about Zeke, but can't get enough of Onyx, please post more of Lucy and Onyx. 

Ask and ye shall receive:

Walked into the kitchen and found this.  He discovered he can now jump high enough to get on the kitchen counters (where he is not allowed).  Trying to look cute before I discipline him.

0B3Cp4B.jpg

Recharging before more mischief and showing the white spot on his belly:

uAU9JA4.jpg

Harassing Lucy while she tries to eat:

wfjGCkO.jpg

Lucy up on high, surveying the room:

oxRgHXe.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I took Onyx on a road trip to pick up my daughter.  Here he is taking it all in:

ulSr4TS.jpg

And here he is being taunted by a squirrel (that gives no ****s that he's stealing from the bird feeder or that the cat is nearby):

ErL5BZI.jpg

Lucy taking a sun bath:

cJBQ9Z0.jpg

• Like 4

On 1/26/2023 at 8:26 AM, abdcskins said:

Waffle whines a lot, probably the one thing I don't like about him, love him though. To me he is saying, "dude get off that damn couch and let's go for a walk or a hike or something." He could literally run around all day. I'm like dude I'm 40, I know you are like a young teenager but let me get my chill on.

My dog Noggin is the same way. He's only 7 months old but he's already established his routine for the entire day and he's strict about it. As soon as I wake up in the morning I let him outside, when he comes back inside, he immediately finds one of his pull toys and chases me around everywhere to get me to pull it. If I don't, he goes and gets another one. I guess he thinks I might like that one better lol. He'll keep getting more toys until I do it.

Then a few hours later he sits there looking at me, eventually whining because it's time to go for a walk and he knows when too. I'm doing Chemotherapy so I don't feel good most of the time but I have no choice but to get up and take him outside. I ride around on a scooter anyway because my leg was amputated so it's not too much, it's just the cold sometimes.

Noggin pissed because I won't go outside (prehaircut mopdog)

IMG_20221129_125848.jpg

Toy time (haircut 1/2 done lol)

IMG_20230127_085906.jpg

Grab the toy dammit!!!

IMG_20230127_085929.jpg

Seriously dude? 

IMG_20230126_083837.jpg

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Noggin watches tv anytime I put animals on. If I say look at the TV he runs over there and watches, barks, stands up to get closer etc lol. 

IMG_20221227_092941.jpg

If he sees a squirrel on the TV though he runs over to the back door and starts scratching like crazy to get out to go chase one because he knows that they are out there and the TV isn't real. I guess he's smart. 

Edited by SkinsFTW
  • Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

On 2/11/2023 at 5:08 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

Moved from the RTT thread.

FB_IMG_1676151301627.jpg

I was so tempted to get a retriever this time. Shepherds, Goldens and Labs are my favorite breeds, Border Collie is in the mix but they are too full of energy.  I opted for another long coat Shepherd because unlike retrievers they slow down a lot at age 2-3 and as seniors we could not handle the energy of a lab for 3 years. But boy your baby is cute.

One thing we are noticing is a 6 month puppy is so much easier than a 3 month,  When Nikki was young she was getting into everything. Now she realizes coasters on the table and electrical chords and speaker wires are off limits.   

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

11 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I was so tempted to get a retriever this time. Shepherds, Goldens and Labs are my favorite breeds, Border Collie is in the mix but they are too full of energy.  I opted for another long coat Shepherd because unlike retrievers they slow down a lot at age 2-3 and as seniors we could not handle the energy of a lab for 3 years. But boy your baby is cute.

One thing we are noticing is a 6 month puppy is so much easier than a 3 month,  When Nikki was young she was getting into everything. Now she realizes coasters on the table and electrical chords and speaker wires are off limits.   

Oh puppies are a pain in the ass.  We used to have a rule when fostering that we would only do 2 or more because at least they play with each other.  But I've always wanted to raise a pal from a puppy and the timing works.  But I wouldn't do it again.  It's a one time experience.  Glad to be able to do it but only want to do it once.

Sorry, I forgot the pic.

20230218_100547.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Oh puppies are a pain in the ass.  We used to have a rule when fostering that we would only do 2 or more because at least they play with each other.  But I've always wanted to raise a pal from a puppy and the timing works.  But I wouldn't do it again.  It's a one time experience.  Glad to be able to do it but only want to do it once.

Sorry, I forgot the pic.

20230218_100547.jpg

I totally understand! I got up during the night for months until Dancer was housebroken. Months of little sleep, but worth it.

33 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Sorry, I forgot the pic.

20230218_100547.jpg

:ols:  He looks sad about being in puppy jail.

• Haha 4