Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's Talk about Pets

d0ublestr0ker0ll

22 minutes ago, TK said:

So Timber aka Murder Cat, wants to start potty training….

They can actually do that!  My Vietnam vet roommate back in the 80s told me that my Boots would come in his room (he had the master) and pee in the toilet.  He thought it was the coolest thing.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Nail trims:

My aggressive dog is the easiest.  Takes under a minute.  She's extremely loyal-to, and dependent on me. Rolls over.

My playful Maltese is pretty hard.  He shakes and pulls away here and there.  Gotta balance the leg and let him take a deep breath before each clip.  10 minutes.

My GOAT dog, "The Best Dog That's Ever Lived".  Literally.

Is the hardest.

Torture.

2 days.

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Best thing I ever got to help with nail trimming is a rubber pad with suction cups on it.. i smear peanut butter on it and stick it to the cabinet door. Astro is the hard one, and he will sit in front of it and lick it until every molecule is gone, which, thanks to all the crenellations in the rubber takes him a good ten minutes.
During that time he doesn't even notice his nails getting trimmed.

An update on Taco..  I started him on CBD about a month ago, he is showing some improvement. He still goes into a stretch position when he gets down to walk, but it takes a lot less time til he's stretched it out and moving around. In no time he's back to his old self, running, tugging on toys, jumping, playing with Astro. When i take them for a walk in the park, he's as f nothing bothers him at all. Running, trotting, prancing. It's good to see. After he lays back down it stiffens on him, but again, he gets it stretched out in much less time now.
His last vet visit they confirmed nothing is broken or fractured.. one postulated it may be bone cancer!!! I don't know about all that. He is healthy otherwise. Right now I am pretty much sure it's arthritic. It is still only that one foot/foreleg. He's happy and strong otherwise. 

I appreciate everyone's advice, it's helping.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 6

'Heart of the puppy mill industry' — Missouri tops list of worst puppy mills for 10th year

In their annual list of worst dog breeders in the country, advocacy group Humane Society of the United States had Missouri topping the list with 26 of the most abusive puppy mills.

Since the list was first published 10 years ago, Missouri has topped the list each year. In 2022 the Show-Me state garnered 26 spots on the list — compared to just 17 in Iowa, 12 in New York and seven each in Kansas and Wisconsin.

“The 2022 Horrible Hundred report is our 10th annual report on problem puppy breeders and dealers in the United States. The Humane Society of the United States has published the Horrible Hundred report annually since 2013 to warn consumers about common problems at puppy mills and puppy-selling dealers, and to push for new legislation and stronger enforcement of humane laws. Altogether, our 10 years of reports have covered more than 650 breeders and dealers in 33 different states over that same period,” reads the report.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 3
  • Thumb down 1

Ms. Kitty is completely enamored by the TV these days.  She's laying on the couch watching MSNBC right now, and will be totally glued to the Canes/Rangers game in a while.  She follows me everywhere I go when I'm home (I let her run ahead of me on the stairs so she doesn't trip me.)  Vicki got me on Memorial Day of '20...fell DOWN 7 stairs and damn near broke my face, so I've learned to let them move first. 

• Thumb up 2

40 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I'm old...refresh my memory. 

Already not looking good, got a call while I was in the grocery store on the way home.  I left without getting half of the stuff on my list. 

Glucose checkup is no big deal, and a stay at the hospital is no big deal.  I know it's stressful for the parent.  Don't worry about it.

The assessment is perhaps another story, although I will say that diabetes is rare to take a cat if you keep up with the insulin.

It's almost always an organ failure.

2 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Glucose checkup is no big deal, and a stay at the hospital is no big deal.  I know it's stressful for the parent.  Don't worry about it.

The assessment is perhaps another story, although I will say that diabetes is rare to take a cat if you keep up with the insulin.

It's almost always an organ failure.

Yeah, she's spiking a little high, so we're gonna take the dosage up 1/2 unit.  I'm picking her up at 5, and she'll be shaved under her chin (she's a long-hair, and hasn't been grooming like she used to, so we're getting that taken care of.) 

This is gonna cost some serious dough. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Yeah, she's spiking a little high, so we're gonna take the dosage up 1/2 unit.  I'm picking her up at 5, and she'll be shaved under her chin (she's a long-hair, and hasn't been grooming like she used to, so we're getting that taken care of.) 

This is gonna cost some serious dough. 

Ahg.  Sorry to hear all that.

Glad she's coming home though.

• Thanks 1