Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tax Bill

LadySkinsFan

4 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

You do know that they are forcing most people to give up itemizing deductions and taking the standard deduction, which next year they will reduce because deficits. 

You do know that this is the largest transfer of wealth from the poor and middle class to the wealthy ever.

He doesn’t. Just matters that Trump and the GOP did it. A true party loyalist 

• Like 1

So, the Koch brothers and other GOP allies are going on a big marketing push to sell the tax cuts next year:

Republicans plan mega marketing push to sell unpopular tax plan

The only way they are going to change people minds is if the Tax scam ends up leaving people better off than before the tax scam.  The doubling of the standard deduction will outweigh the loss of all the individual deductions.  Wages will increase for everyone and you will see the tangible difference in your paycheck.  Companies will create millions of new jobs. Etc...

If the net effect is that everyone is better off; then the GOP and Trump will be in good shape.

Thing is, other than the GOP ; who believes it?  Even then, do the people who voted for it; really believe the **** they are spewing.

They just did that to ensure they continue to get money from their donor masters.

All this so calling money coming from tax cuts are going to be shared with the working people? Really?  They are all of sudden going to expand, just because of paying less money. Right.  Unless a business needs to expand because of more demand for their good or services; that isn't happening. Also, they are really going to type of their money in salary or are they going to try to automate as much as possible?  Bring jobs back from foreign plants?

People will see who really benefits from this pretty quickly.  All these recent announcements of bonuses like the one from AT&T are nothing more than a PR con. I either read of heard in an interview that the tax plan; actually makes it easy to move plants overseas.

They can spend all the money they want to on the marketing con.  If the average person nationwide ends up being better off; then the GOP/Trump will benefit. The fact that they need to spend to sell this scam; should tell you that the so called benefits to the working person/ middle class are nothing but lies.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So I've been considering what field I want to go into after I retire from the military.  I got 5-6 years until then.  I'm starting to think becoming a repo man might be a good idea.  I think they will become in high demand.  Thoughts?

Well I guess ya might have experience being shot at :)

they are in demand now, had a customer had his taken when he stopped in to talk.:rofl89:

GPS trackers are a wonderful invention.

11 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

So, the Koch brothers and other GOP allies are going on a big marketing push to sell the tax cuts next year:

Republicans plan mega marketing push to sell unpopular tax plan

On the radio this AM I heard a commercial that was like, text this number to thank Barbara Comstock for sticking up for you and supporting the Tax Bill. 

I hope Va voters do something else instead in 11 short months. 

• Like 1

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

Not much experience with guns though I have seen a decent bit of mortar fire.  Don't think I will see much of that during a repo.

People in Florida and Texas be crazy.

Ever consider working on a tug boat?

These tax cuts work the same every time. It is basically a one-time small amount payoff to people in exchange for permanent tax cuts for the ultra wealthy.  People receive their tax rebate or check or however it is distributed, are happy for a day, go out and spend it....then pretty much return to their lives seeing no effect what-so-ever going forward.

The GOP banks on the same thing every time that people will be happy enough with their bribe.

Remember folks, "The Tax Bill sells itself...." but just to make sure, we will be spending millions of dollars to help sell it, just in case.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Predicto said:

Umm, not seeing that at all.

Bush Elder was the last of the responsible Republicans.  Reagan was the one who proved you don't have to be responsible, just charismatic and populist.  Reagan led directly to Trump.  

There's no doubt that much of where we are is related to Reagan and the right's (and to tie into another thread, the baby boomers (not all, but in general)) inability to admit the truth.  Reagan was an awful President.

His economic philosophy was wrong.  Trickle down economics didn't work.  Reducing the complexity of the tax code did not cause economic growth (and the wealthy and corporations just altered their behavior to continue to avoid taxes).

His foreign policy was a disaster.  The Soviets weren't any kind of threat, much less the existential threat he made them out to be, when Reagan became President.  They were a dying bankrupt empire.  It made no sense to divert essentially all of our foreign and military resources against he Soviets. 

So much effort was put into place to defeat the Soviets, but essentially no work was done to figure out what to do with a post-Soviet world (which resulted in the mess that we see now in Russia and other places), and the Saudi's were given security and money (and power) and allowed to spread their (extremist) version of Islam through the Islamic world.

On a social level, he did nothing to move civil rights or to protect the most vulnerable people in society.

Most of the problems we have can be traced back to the decisions made during the Reagan administration.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

These tax cuts work the same every time. It is basically a one-time small amount payoff to people in exchange for permanent tax cuts for the ultra wealthy.  People receive their tax rebate or check or however it is distributed, are happy for a day, go out and spend it....then pretty much return to their lives seeing no effect what-so-ever going forward.

The GOP banks on the same thing every time that people will be happy enough with their bribe.

Remember folks, "The Tax Bill sells itself...." but just to make sure, we will be spending millions of dollars to help sell it, just in case.

Yep - that is exactly how the Bush Tax cuts went.  And people fell for it, including much of the Tailgate at the time.  

YrCxhrK.jpg

14 hours ago, PeterMP said:

There's no doubt that much of where we are is related to Reagan and the right's (and to tie into another thread, the baby boomers (not all, but in general)) inability to admit the truth.  Reagan was an awful President.

His economic philosophy was wrong.  Trickle down economics didn't work.  Reducing the complexity of the tax code did not cause economic growth (and the wealthy and corporations just altered their behavior to continue to avoid taxes).

14 hours ago, PeterMP said:

Most of the problems we have can be traced back to the decisions made during the Reagan administration.

The explosion of the national debt in particular.  Excessive tax cuts actually can cause a short term boom, but the long term effect of enormous deficits makes it harder and harder to sustain the economy as years go by.   

Saint Reagan said "deficits don't matter" and frankly, he was right - deficits don't matter when it comes to maintaining the GOP's popularity (and that's all that matters to them).  

• Like 4

19 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So I've been considering what field I want to go into after I retire from the military.  I got 5-6 years until then.  I'm starting to think becoming a repo man might be a good idea.  I think they will become in high demand.  Thoughts?

Lets run for office. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Predicto said:

Yep - that is exactly how the Bush Tax cuts went.  And people fell for it, including much of the Tailgate at the time.  

Yeah I still remember quite vividly.  It's amazing how much of the GOP policy was supported by the majority at the beginning of Bush's term, compared to the end of it.  Once the actual effects of his policy started happening and people realized they had been had, basically bribed people turned on the policies.  If only they had listened to those in the first place who told them that a one-time $500 check is not going to change their lives much. 

Fortunately this go-around, not as many people seemed to be fooled, at least yet.  We'll see what happens once they receive their new bribe.