Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Hate The Patriots.

TradeTheBeal!

Report: NFL to Discipline Patriots for 'Gameday Video Violations'

The Patriots are "expected to be disciplined for acknowledged gameday video violations," according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. 

New England is likely to receive its punishment from the league in the next two weeks, per Schefter.

The Patriots were embroiled in controversy in December when a team-credentialed photographer was caught filming the Bengals' sideline during Cincinnati's matchup with the Browns. New England claimed the filming was done by a production staffer who was filming an episode of "Do Your Job," a web series for Patriots.com. 

“When questioned, the crew immediately turned over all the footage to the league and cooperated fully," the Patriots said in a statement on Dec. 9. "We accept full responsibility for the actions of our production crew at the Browns-Bengals game.”

New England could face fines, draft pick forfeitures and potential front-office suspensions, per Schefter. The Falcons lost a fifth-round pick and were fined $350,000 for pumping in crowd noise in 2015, a punishment Schefter cited as a potential parallel for the Patriots.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-tom-brady-will-test-free-agency-in-march/ar-BBZR3sX?li=BBnb7Kz

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady isn’t afraid to test free agency. Bill Belichick isn’t afraid to let him. Both parties have agreed to allow the Patriots quarterback to enter free agency in March, according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.

“From what I understand, (Patriots owner Robert) Kraft’s thinking on this is, if the sides come together, if Brady decided the Patriots were his best option after testing free agency and if Bill Belichick, who of course is making the decisions for New England, if he decides that Brady is his best option at this price, that … it will mean that it’s meant to be and it’s best for both sides,” Rapoport said on NFL Network on Monday.

36 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I can't see him leaving New England.  And he doesn't need the money.  So I don't really get what this whole show is about.

The only thing I can see is Brady is looking for one final challenge before he calls it quits.

He's done everything in Foxboro. Maybe he wants to see if he can lead another team, without Bill Belichick, to the promised land.

The right situation would have to come along, though.

31 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

The only thing I can see is Brady is looking for one final challenge before he calls it quits.

He's done everything in Foxboro. Maybe he wants to see if he can lead another team, without Bill Belichick, to the promised land.

The right situation would have to come along, though.

That is risky to his legacy though.  If he tries and fails, history will remember that. And I don't see a team that is realistically a QB away from being dominant.  Especially with a guy like Brady.  He's lying to himself if he can't admit he has lost a step and needs others around to support him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

That is risky to his legacy though.  If he tries and fails, history will remember that. And I don't see a team that is realistically a QB away from being dominant.  Especially with a guy like Brady.  He's lying to himself if he can't admit he has lost a step and needs others around to support him.

I don't think it will tarnish his legacy. Not even a little bit.

It didn't hurt Joe Montana's legacy when he left San Francisco to be the Chiefs QB. All anyone remembers is the four Super Bowls.

No matter what happens this season, Brady's legacy as possibly the GOAT is secure.

Edited by SkinsGuy
  • Like 3

On 2/13/2020 at 8:55 AM, TheGreatBuzz said:

He's lying to himself if he can't admit he has lost a step and needs others around to support him.

But the Patriots last year basically gave him nothing to work with on offense yet continue to ask him to take the paycut so they can get him help.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any team that signs him and that includes the Pats will regret it. He has lost a step. He will be 43 by the time season starts. He’s going to see father time pay him visit in 2020.

I can see him play so poorly late in the season that he will be benched.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Any team that signs him and that includes the Pats will regret it. He has lost a step. He will be 43 by the time season starts. He’s going to see father time pay him visit in 2020.

I can see him play so poorly late in the season that he will be benched.

Brady put up great numbers last year with nothing to help him as far as a receiving core or TE, and a rotating MASH unit to block for him.  If he lost a step, he still has to lose a couple more to be on par with the average QB's in the league.  If he is signed to a team with a legit #1 WR, a healthy o-line, and a pass-catching TE threat, he will win his division pretty easily and be in the conference championship.

• 3 weeks later...

Asshole Brady: "I can still be a starter in the NFL somewhere!"

Ruthless Brady: "I'll backup Mahomes in KC for vet min and win two more rings, suck on that Bill!"

About to find out whether Tom still has the mentality or he prefers throwing pick-sixes against defenses whose playbooks he can't spy on.

• Like 1

The Pats dynasty is dead.  Well, it died last year but it's finally dead.  I doubt Bill go anywhere near a Superbowl now.  He'll probably still be able to make the playoffs; if he signs a veteran.  Will he trade for Cam Newton?

The AFC East will no longer be dominated by the Pats.

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

The Pats dynasty is dead.  Well, it died last year but it's finally dead.  I doubt Bill go anywhere near a Superbowl now.  He'll probably still be able to make the playoffs; if he signs a veteran.  Will he trade for Cam Newton?

The AFC East will no longer be dominated by the Pats.

Let the Sam Darnold era begin!

• Haha 1