Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Hate The Patriots.

TradeTheBeal!

I had dinner with my Boston buddy, she has Pats, Sox, and Bruins stuff on her Expedition. 

We talk a lot about sports, but I didn't see her usual ****-eating "I love Tom" grin. 

We did have quite the girly conversation about Julian Edelman and Danny Amendola, however...:drooley:

• Haha 1

That whole "Was it Tom or Bill that was responsible?" nonsense seems to have finally been answered.  I'd say Brady was largely responsible for their success, however I don't know if a young Brady comes in and delivers in a different environment.  I think Belichick was the coach he needed at the time, but at some point the student became the master.  Brady elevated his game to a place where he could leave New England and still play at a high level and still win...which is what exactly happened when he went to Tampa.

Belichick hasn't been the same since Brady's gone and it shows.  They appear to be awful right now.

2 hours ago, Simmsy said:

As much as I hate Bill, Tom got to have his pick of whatever team he wanted to go to, whatever team was ready to compete. Bill was left holding an abandoned, scavenged, empty shell of a team. Not really fair to compare the two.

So....whose fault is that? Did Brady earn 100% of the Pat's cap space (and still does) and personally trade away all their draft picks? Was Billy B just Tommy's "Yes Man," a pushover who took marching orders from his QB in all manner of roster building and coaching decisions? Was Brady also the secret GM of the Bucs, setting them up for success so he could jump there and immediately succeed?

Look, it's hard enough to replace a true franchise QB, let alone the undisputed GOAT. Every coach that's lost that asset has suffered. But it's not like BB was coaching the Broncos when Manning joined at the end of his career. BB didn't just nab the Pats job a few years ago only to have Brady abandon him a couple years later. Both were together there the whole time in New England. BB's record without Brady speaks for itself.

One of the reasons you see brought up a lot is that Bill either poorly drafted at wideout or simply did not know how to deal with a real #1 WR in the offense. Yes, you want smart, team-focused guys on your roster, but the Patriots were nigh unstoppable with Randy Moss. The goal should have been surrounding Brady with weapons, even trading draft picks to do so (for the right fit.) Brady would probably have 10 rings if the Patriots just focused a bit more under Bill in getting top flight offensive talent. I mean, the Pats lost a close one vs. the Colts when they had Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney at wideout.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 10/9/2023 at 1:40 AM, 88Comrade2000 said:

Bill will be off to retirement after the season or sooner?   Bob has to be pissed and he could just fire Bill outright and just make O’Brien interim coach.

He could but could you ever imagine firing Joe Gibbs?

Now take that and multiply it by two and that's the dilemma you have with Belichick. 

That said washington fans are much more loyal, I've lived in Massachusetts all my 48 years and pats fans would sell their children for another superbowl victory and they have been booing Belichick pretty loudly.

It's still a sizeable conundrum, I'd think they'd "convince" him to retire though.

On 10/16/2023 at 8:41 PM, redskinss said:

He could but could you ever imagine firing Joe Gibbs?

Now take that and multiply it by two and that's the dilemma you have with Belichick. 

That said washington fans are much more loyal, I've lived in Massachusetts all my 48 years and pats fans would sell their children for another superbowl victory and they have been booing Belichick pretty loudly.

It's still a sizeable conundrum, I'd think they'd "convince" him to retire though.

Yes. Gibbs 2, probably would’ve eventually been fired; had he returned in 2008.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, TradeTheBeal! said:

Remember when Bill had about half-dozen hall of farmers in their prime on his roster and decided to drop 52 on old man Gibbs?

I remember.

I’ll never forget that day. My wife also remembers that day and she doesn’t care about football in the slightest.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

You guys are weird. Who cares that he scored 52 on Gibbs? If Washington had a coach and team capable of that, I’d want them to do it every time not take it nice on somebody 

I’m not saying I wouldn’t want my team to do the same. I wanted them to that today badly. I’m just saying I hated that day. So again, **** the Patriots.

• Thumb up 1

On 10/16/2023 at 10:07 AM, Warhead36 said:

Bill the coach can still coach.

Bill the GM might be the worst in the league. Like, RIvera-esque. 

Beginning of the dynasty, debatable.  Those defenses and a young emerging Brady went hand in hand. 

Now, yea, he needs a GM so he can focus on Xs and Os.  The super bowl win over Atlanta was first the warning for me that BB was falling behind and truly needed Brady to bail him out.  BB still drafted him and helped develop him into what he became, I don't agree with anyone taking that from him even if he's a terrible GM now (not saying you saying that).

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10096974-nfl-rumors-bill-belichicks-patriots-exit-after-2023-season-eyed-by-insiders

giphy(21).gif