Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Hate The Patriots.

TradeTheBeal!

to me "patriot hate" is a harmless mindless pastime generally associated with idjits more often than not :P

i've enjoyed/admired the patriots other than a few well-covered and contested bruises, but overall they've---bill and tom---been beyond awesome and have brought a ton of excitement and fun to my viewing over the years

i am intrigued and open-minded about how this could go for both as individuals and the pats as an org

brady's gonna have it tougher than he's had it in the afc east with that division's strength inc. at qb and the nfc's top tier vs the afc's right now as ya look at superbowl berths.... meanwhile bill's looking at a very strong buffalo group and substantial improvements in every other team in the division and now life without tom...but he's bill and i figure has been planning in detail for awhile "just in case" it happens sooner than later

i can easily see who both of them could acquit themselves well without making it all the way to even the div championship next season, but performance standards for each game will be rightfully high

• Like 3

I think it's pretty clear that what has to happen is that without Brady, the Pats will drift, rudderless...

...for a single snakebit season at the end of which they get the #1 pick and get Trevor Lawrence for the next 20 years. 🤬

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

For the true sports fanatic, this is an ideal scenario to monitor.

There has long been the argument over whether the Pats success was due to primarily Brady, or primarily Bellichek, or some synergical combination of the two. But in other words, that neither of them could succeed alone, was the belief. So it should be interesting to watch both the Pats and Bucs, and both Bellichek and Brady, and see how they fare individually, and without each other. Of course, at least with Brady, and perhaps Bellichek too, the individual ventures may not last very long, as one or both of them will retire soon.

But many people predicted they would both retire at the same time  - or at least leave the Pats at the same time.

So we're fortunate to see them go at it, on their own.

As sports fans, it should be interesting to watch how they fare on their own.

And of course first of all, hopefully we will have a somewhat normal football season beginning this year, as well as a somewhat normal society first and foremost.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2020 at 9:08 PM, Shkspr said:

I think it's pretty clear that what has to happen is that without Brady, the Pats will drift, rudderless...

...for a single snakebit season at the end of which they get the #1 pick and get Trevor Lawrence for the next 20 years. 🤬

For real, anyone that doesn't think they will either have the trade assets or scouting credentials to draft his legitament replacement is setting themselves up for disappointment.

Having said that, the exposure for how that system does or doesn't work will become more apparent when it isn't covered by the GOAT QB. I'd say that's fair.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/04/21/rob-gronkowski-requests-trade-from-patriots-to-buccaneers/

Another all-time great wants to leave New England to become a Buccaneer.

Retired Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski has told the team he wants to be traded to Tampa Bay so he can reunite with Tom Brady, sources told the Herald. Gronkowski retired last spring after nine NFL seasons that thrust him into the conversation about being the greatest tight end ever. If a deal is completed, sending Gronkowski’s rights to the Bucs in exchange for what would likely be draft compensation, Tampa Bay would then reinstate Gronkowski.

Gronkowski has one year remaining on his contract, which carries a base salary of $9 million that would immediately count against the Bucs’ cap sheet. The Pats currently hold less than $2 million in cap space.