Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Schefter: Su'a Cravens Considering Retirement

Conn

25 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

If by logical and analytical you mean digging deep into the depths of minutia to defend Snyder and the gang, sure.

So quoting numerous articles written at the time of Schotty's firing is "digging deep into the depths of minutia". I see the problem here lol...

All this over a comment that obviously nobody can validate...

Which, if you recall, was what my initial post said as well lol...but SoCal said Snyder "literally" said it himself. Yet even you admit that it can't be validated. So you agree with my earlier post. *thumbsup*

...completely dismissing a long history of actions that entirely support the notion that Dan liked to "have fun" with his new toy. It's not so much about whether he used those exact words or not, but the way he ran the team, particularly at that point in time, aligns with a guy that wants to have fun i.e.: have a say in player personnel.

In other words, as long as the --ahem-- "fact" stated supports your viewpoint, that's more than enough...because you feel your viewpoint is supported by other facts.

Which means you agree with my other post. *thumbsup*

32 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

If I were in Gruden's shoes I'd walk into the next team meeting with security and have all the doors open with a path to the parking lot and tell them that if there's anyone here who doesn't have their heart and soul 100% dedicated to the guys in this room, GTFO!!!

Im glad you're not Gruden 

12 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Read the entire article with that quote... This whole discussion started when Zoony stated Dan throws tantrums when draft picks don't pan out and you were disputing that characterization. The article pretty succinctly demonstrates exactly the fact that Dan is prone to tantrums regarding personnel decisions. I'm not a Salky Jenkins fan but she nails this one with facts...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/tired-of-the-redskins-dysfunction-theres-one-person-to-blame/2017/03/11/2aef60dc-05d3-11e7-ad5b-d22680e18d10_story.html?utm_term=.b7602e329e30

I did...in no way does it say Snyder said this. In fact, the entire article makes a better argument for that comment being the employee's opinion.

Here's the thing that seems to escape some of you, though: there's nothing to say the employee's opinion isn't correct.

But there is a TON to show that it's impossible to say that Snyder "literally" said this himself...and a TON of reported info that points to Schotty's firing being based on far, far, FAR  FAR  FAR  FAR more than "not having fun".

From what you, SIP and, um, the other guy are saying, though (sorry other guy lol...mind's not remembering your name right now), the biggest thing leading you to buying into the "not having fun" explanation is your preconeived viewpoints of Snyder moreso than the information given surrounding Schotty being fired.

For instance: Could it have been that Snyder was being given the advice to fire Schotty by advisors? Yes. Is it ever mentioned as a possibility here on this thread? Nope. It's just that Snyder wasn't having fun.

Could it have been that the horrific offensive output by Schotty, coupled with his less-than-stellar personnel decisions, caused Snyder to want to make some significant changes to the FO? Yes. Is it ever mentioned as a possibility here on this thread? Nope. It's just that Snyder wasn't having fun.

Is it possible that Snyder decided he wanted to replace Schotty with Spurrier before actually firing him, and found a way to fire him via "different philosophies" knowing Schotty would never concede control? Yes. Is it ever mentioned as a possibility here on this thread? Nope. It's just that Snyder wasn't having fun.

Is it possible that I think these other possibilities (and more) sound reasonable, and even more reasonable, as explanations for Schotty being fired than Snyder "not having fun? Definitely, because I do. Is it ever mentioned as a possibility here on this thread? Nope. It's just me wanting to defend the indefensible Dan Snyder from any criticism.

Right listen up. 

There have been two offical rule 5 warnings in this thread now (disrespectful to other members) and one knuckle wrap. Feel free to attack other posters ideas and posts, and there have been quite a few in this thread that need attacking, but do NOT attack or be disrespectful to other posters.

27 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Nowhere does it say the employee said Dan said that. How in the world can you miss something that simple? This has nothing whatsoever to do with "stances" or "viewpoints"...the writer never says that the employee claims Snyder said this. At all, in any way.

Your point is Dan didn't say this as a quote but an employee had that as an opinion.  So what?  That's some smoking gun/big distinction? :)   It makes no difference to me.   Just like I said in my prior post does it jibe with Dan's reputation or does it not?  

I actually totally agreed with your main point which is people's predispositions guide their beliefs.  When you read these stories it requires either trust in them or not.  Does it make sense to you based on what else you've heard or does it not?   If you want to talk about the WP lying about Dan and you don't buy in, that's cool.  And I said its cool.   

I don't think we can change each others positions.  One last go from me about where I'm coming from:  lets say it never happened and the employee's opinion is a complete fabrication.  Still, it's just one thing.  I've heard enough different stories told from ex-coaches, ex-employees, reporters about Dan where its not hard for me to have a picture painted about him.  We've gone over a ton of these stories in the threads you've participated in.  But if they don't move you and your stance is to give the dude the benefit of the doubt.  That's fine.    To each their own.

I'm trying to end the discussion on this but you seem fired up to keep it going.   This is a Cravens thread.   If you want to start a Dan thread and carry some of these points over like the WP lying about him, etc.  I'm sure you'd get a lot of action.  I'll respond there.   

8 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Got another contender for ya @Spaceman Spiff!

@readonly- well if I'm part of the entire fan base, it didn't effect me, save from posting in this thread today.  I woke up, went about my business, had a crap and a nap, saw some friends and had a good time.  I didn't wallow in misery and ponder how the Redskins would move forward without Sua Cravens.  

It doesn't have an effect on the entire team, it has an effect on his position...and guess what?  He'll be replaced.  The Washington Redskins will move on from this, I promise.  They'll find another safety.  Maybe one better than him.  Let's not forget that he was labeled as a project when we drafted him, this isn't the second coming of Sean Taylor we're talking about here.

I guess I'm a putty wink, whatever the **** that is.  

23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Your point is Dan didn't say this as a quote but an employee had that as an opinion.  So what?  That's some smoking gun/big distinction? :)   It makes no difference to me.   Just like I said in my prior post does it jibe with Dan's reputation or does it not?  

I'll only address this part because you're not getting why it's being discussed:

SoCal couldn't understand how I could just dismiss Snyder's own words that he literally said. I said I've never seen that quote attributed to Snyder in any way, shape or form...so I'm not dismissing Snyder's own words. That my opinion doesn't require dismissing anything Snyder said.

You saying "who cares if Snyder said this directly or not?"...Well, SoCal obviously did lol...

And if it doesn't matter if Snyder said it himself directly, if anyone overheard him saying it, or if it's just an employee's opinion...why not just say right off the bat "Yeah, I don't think it's ever been shown that he actually said that" to begin with?...why the need to dredge up vague quotes from articles that don't come close to showing that he did indeed say it, then insist that it proves he did?

Everyone here should know this by now: I crave accuracy, especially when things are being repeated as proven fact that have not been proven as fact. So much gets repeated around here as if it's carved-in-stone fact that is nowhere near factual. It's amazing how much unnecessary drama occurs when you point that out lol...we're all grown-ass men (and women!)...we should be able to handle being told "That's actually not true" without needing to figure out why it's being said.

Meanwhile, the Eagles have spent this entire time with nothing to distract them from Sunday's game.

Can't wait for week 1, great to see our organization all on the same page and focused on playing football.

There's professional level football, then there's the Redskins.  I wish the two would meet occasionally.  Just so much organizational fail all around with this story.  Hard to stay excited.

26 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Right listen up. 

There have been two offical rule 5 warnings in this thread now (disrespectful to other members) and one knuckle wrap. Feel free to attack other posters ideas and posts, and there have been quite a few in this thread that need attacking, but do NOT attack or be disrespectful to other posters.

I don't think I did, but if the mods think I did I'll make sure to choose my words even more carefully...

1 minute ago, Reaper Skins said:

Meanwhile, the Eagles have spent this entire time with nothing to distract them from Sunday's game.

Can't wait for week 1, great to see our organization all on the same page and focused on playing football.

Yeah it does blow.  I hope that internally it doesn't affect the defensive players abilities to do their thing. One thing I know is Foster and Brown are going to bring it! 

Ok, first off, to reiterate what @MartinC said: 

5. Your default position is to be respectful of your fellow members in your posts.
Upon registering, every member agrees to not post inappropriate material or topics. This includes content which is knowingly false, defamatory, deceptive, inaccurate, racist, insulting, abusive, inflammatory, vulgar, hateful, obscene, profane, sexually graphic, or physically threatening. It also includes posting anything invasive of another member's personal privacy outside of their posted content on ES, or in violation of any law including any stalking or otherwise harassing any member. Such material connected to the poster's life beyond what they willingly post on ES is a particularly serious violation.

Free debate within the parameters outlined is welcome, and diversity of opinion is vital to a good debate. Every member is free to post their own opinion on the topic/subject of the thread without sanction, as long as the way it's expressed does not violate forum rules. As you debate your fellow members we request you maintain contact with the content of the discussion within each reply, especially as any exchange becomes more heated.

We encourage spirited discussions and holding people accountable for what they post. This may be done in ways from funny to firm, including being castigating if reasonably merited. For example, calling someone "clueless" or calling some comment or post “stupid” when done in appropriate and justifiable context to the poster’s actual content is often allowable. This is most safely done when in response to a specifically posted comment using the "quote" feature or in accurate reference to a poster’s general content in various threads over time on a given topic. Such castigations must not be excessive, and the reaction should be such as may normally be expected by an average reader with a strongly opposing and reasonably informed opinion. If you're unsure, being civil is the safest course. You will rarely go wrong by going after the views of the poster more than the poster's character or personality as you see it. Moderators determine any actions to be taken if needed. Bottom line--do as you choose and so will the moderators.

We are not seeking to favor some genteel "tea & crumpets" gathering or some dry and ponderous book club discussion forum. Nor are we seeking some gratuitously flaming cage-match atmosphere in our threads. 

Understand that moderators have wide latitude in defining and enforcing this rule. For this and all matters related to moderation, we suggest close inspection of Rule 18.

Some of you will be seeing some time off after this. 

Secondly, any discussion about Dan Snyder needs to end right now. It's turning this thread into two different topics at this point. Any further posts on that topic will be deleted. Make a thread if you want to respond, but this thread will no longer be a place for it. Thanks. 

Archived