Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

If this Biden term really might only be one, his VP doesn't have to be the future of the party.

He's already demolishing Trump in the polls without a VP, I can accept this first term (maybe his only because if his age) being able stablizing the situation for whoever is next.

How often do VPs get elected President anyway?  Is that really the expectation?

My hope if we didn't nominate Biden on any issue except best chance to beat Trump is to do that.  I can live with Harris, but prefer Warren in case something does happen to Biden. 

This is not the time for on the job training, how many of these VP candidates really are ready if it comes to that?  I don't care about likeability anymore, not when the world is going to hell in a hand basket right now.

Papa Bush is the only recent Veep to get elected.  Before him was Nixon but Nixon lost his first time and had to wait 8 years before winning.

Veeps do have an edge in getting their parties nomination though.

Nixon in 60, 68.

Humphries in 68, though if RFK wasn't killed it would've been RFK.

Mondale in 84.

Papa Bush in 88.

Gore in 00.

Biden in 20.

I think the only unsuccessful veep that ran for the Presidency was Quayle in 00.

Joe's Veep while not guaranteed the 24 nomination, will be heavy favorite.  His veep, unless they are a AOC/Bernie style progressive will be challenged by he AOC/Bernie style candidate.  If the progressives don't win the nomination in 24; they will probably bolt. They are sucking it in for 20 but they will not accept a non-progressive candidate in 24.  They will leave the party and probably run third party. 

As for Joe, there's no way he runs in 24.  He will be too old.  I personally don't think he will even serve a full term.  Maybe 2 years at max.

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm fine with Biden being one term. Think of him as like a bridge coach that gets us from 3-13 to 8-8. Hopefully after that we have America's version of Sean Payton/Kyle Shanahan(aka another Obama or Kennedy type etc.).

Maybe in 28. I have this feeling 24 will see a goper win because I don’t see the Dems being united .

So we are supposed to have a whole new gop healthcare overhaul proposed by today. It is looking about as eventful as every other "infrastructure week."

FWIW, I keep seeing a clip of Trump doing his head wag,  "Sad, just sad..." routine with a follow-up of him saying, "healthcare, who knew it is so complicated."

I think the Veep pick is Harris. Here is why

Bass has a Castro problem and the Scientology thing isn't a good look even though she's not part of that religion. They will lose Florida because of her being a Castro apologist.

Rice has a Bengazi problem. That would be hit ad nauseam on every attack ad and he was VP during that time.

Warren is in her late 60s I do believe, also it would alienate a lot of Harris supporters. Also he will need one of them to stay in the Senate. If the senate is taken over by the Dems, she will need to stay, because Mass governor is a Republican and you want to keep that seat safe. Harris is in a safe state(California)  

12 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I think people are sleeping on Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham as a choice. 

61yo Latina/Native with executive experience whose family is a political dynasty in NM. 

Checks almost all the boxes.

Her cousin Ben was an institution in NM politics for most of my life along with Bruce King they ran the show.  Not always so above board either.  When in Rome I suppose as NM politics have always been notoriously corrupt. His son is a Rep now.  She's a solid pick. No major skeletons I'm aware of. 

14 hours ago, Springfield said:

As far as mail in voting goes... I have absolutely no problem voting in person. At my precinct, the lines aren't very long when I go at 6:30 AM, and I think using masks will keep everything safer anyhow. I understand that other areas get inundated with voters due to a lack of voting areas, but that isn't the case where I live. Either way, I'd certainly risk catching the Covid to go and vote Trump out.

This is what it may well come down to. Risk your life to save your country. Greatest generation(s) 2.0.1 I’m totally there if that’s what it’s gonna be. I don’t really give a **** about the country other than just keeping my family safe. That and I hate Tя☭mp more than I’ve ever hated any political candidate.

12 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I still would prefer a lower profile VP pick like Demings. Forcing the opponent to attack a Female, Minority, Former Cop this campaign would be something you could see Trump messing up often in the eyes of Women and African-Americans. She speaks well of the challenges of being a police office and what needs to improve.

I liked Demings for the same reasons. However, her tenure in O-town wasn’t spotless and there are a number of negatives similar to Harris’ though. Given her appeal to GOP’ers and independents and the FL connection, I still see a lot of upside to her.

5 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Nyet. 

DA!!😡😡

Sincerely,

Vlad

7 hours ago, The Sisko said:

I liked Demings for the same reasons. However, her tenure in O-town wasn’t spotless and there are a number of negatives similar to Harris’ though. Given her appeal to GOP’ers and independents and the FL connection, I still see a lot of upside to her.

I'm ok with that. She can speak on the challenges of being a female minority sheriff and how that makes the job more challenging. What she learning from the role. What she'd want to do to make it better for the community and the officers. She didn't kneel on a guys neck for 8min. I think she's the hardest target for the opposition.

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

But my brother in law's brother works the Biden campaign and said that it's been Harris all along and will be official soon.

I think it's been fairly clear all along that Harris has been atop the leader board, with others sort of being the flavor of the week on a rotating basis.  

Pretty sure Trump will blame covid19 for economic woes, and while there is a nugget of truth to how it definitely accelerated what was already the beginning stages of a recession, Biden better have a retort ready to go about what he would have done different why Trump screwed up the response, and how much more it negatively impacted the economy because of his defiant nonsense reaction to the medical community. 

Archived