Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Coming in and asking a question. Please do not shoot, I come in peace...

Does anyone else think that if Trump manages to uncover some voter fraud in this whole thing that it could help us moving forward with these elections?

I don’t know much about much, but it seems as though he’s living in a Harry Potter novel to think he can uncover enough fraud to win, that’s not really what I’m talking about here, though. My thought is more along the lines of... uncovering fraud = good, fraud = bad. 

I mean best scenario is no fraud occurred ever... in any election. But I don’t think that’s realistic. 

I’m probably naive again. Par for the course with politics. 

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Does anyone else think that if Trump manages to uncover some voter fraud in this whole thing that it could help us moving forward with these elections?

I don’t know much about much, but it seems as though he’s living in a Harry Potter novel to think he can uncover enough fraud to win, that’s not really what I’m talking about here, though. My thought is more along the lines of... uncovering fraud = good, fraud = bad. 

I mean best scenario is no fraud occurred ever... in any election. But I don’t think that’s realistic. 

In a vacuum, I think any uncovering of voter fraud is good to prosecute the perpetrator and to give info to those running elections to protect it in the future.  And yeah, I agree that there are certainly instances of voter fraud in the past or at least ballots being incorrectly or inappropriately counted, just not in meaningful numbers.

Here, we have to take the crap burger of Trump and his supporters trying to make mountain out of a molehill of any voting irregularities, much less outright fraud.  But it is what it is.  Not like we can say let's turn a blind eye to fraud because someone will attempt to create a false narrative with it.

2 hours ago, LD0506 said:

The Rs tried every ****ty trick they could muster, they shot their wad on this one and it is their high water mark

Keep dreaming. 

I think I read that Team R controls the legislatures of 28 states.  We're about to have redistricting.  And we're about to have changes in election laws.  

And the Heritage Foundation just added three justices to a Supreme Court that has already ruled that fair elections is not a constitutional right.  

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

There's already been voter fraud.  

Two Trump supporters who tried to vote twice.  (Tried.)  

6 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The idea that “Trump uncovers fraud” is any context is probably the most delusional, naive thing anyone could ever say.

You’re an aggressive dude, you know that? No need for it. 

Make it less about Trump and more about uncovering fraud.

Not changing the election. 

Then please answer my question. You know politics it seems. I’d appreciate a legit answer from you on the subject.

Dozens are participating in today's million MAGA march.

I suspect this is much closer to Trump's real vote total.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Being serious, the only cases of legitimate fraud I have seen uncovered so far was perpetrated by Trump supporters. A micro example is that a Trump voter tried to turn in a vote for his dead mother and was arrested.  

9 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Dozens are participating in today's million MAGA march.

I suspect this is much closer to Trump's real vote total.

Being serious, the only cases of legitimate fraud I have seen uncovered so far was perpetrated by Trump supporters. A micro example is that a Trump voter tried to turn in a vote for his dead mother and was arrested.  

I don’t care who committed the fraud. I’m asking... if this whole thing by Trump uncovers fraud, isn’t it a good thing?

My comments are rarely politically fueled. Pretty much ever. I don’t follow things enough from that regard. That’s why I am coming in here and asking :)

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Make it less about Trump and more about uncovering fraud.

That's not possible because there is no fraud. Its just a marketing buzzword. (this is the Twitter era) Trump is a tabloid President who simply wants publicity. When he concedes he loses all the mainstream press. (turn on Fox News right now and Trump isn't there. Nancy Pelosi is front page news atm) 

Fraud implies someone cheated, on purpose. Trump and his sad legal team are just rolling out a bunch of nonsense technicalities that could possibly make certain votes ineligible. 

Just now, Mooka said:

That's not possible because there is no fraud. Its just a marketing buzzword. (this is the Twitter era) Trump is a tabloid President who simply wants publicity. When he concedes he loses all the mainstream press. (turn on Fox News right now and Trump isn't there. Nancy Pelosi is front page news atm) 

Fraud implies someone cheated, on purpose. Trump and his sad legal team are just rolling out a bunch of nonsense technicalities that could possibly make certain votes ineligible. 

Isn’t it possible that someone did try to cheat on purpose? On either side? 

Isn’t it possible to believe that has happened in more elections than this one?

Wouldn’t that be a good thing to figure out why and how and protect against it in the future?

I appreciate the response, by the way. Thank you!

Are we really going to pretend that any of this has anything to do with protecting electoral integrity and processes?

None of this has anything to do with fraud.

Its a red herring.

They didn’t care about fraud last year right? Even though Trump was threatening it before the vote last year. But when he won.... fraud was a non-issue.

In fact, Trump and Republicans have explicitly gone out of their way to compromise and undermine electoral process. They **** entirely on democratic law and institutions.

And now we’re led to believe they’re trying to protect it?!

Come on. It’s a ****ing duck.

Just now, Die Hard said:

Are we really going to pretend that any of this has anything to do with protecting electoral integrity and processes?

None of this has anything to do with fraud.

Its a red herring.

They didn’t care about fraud last year right? Even though Trump was threatening it before the vote last year. But when he won.... fraud was a non-issue.

In fact, Trump and Republicans have explicitly gone out of their way to compromise and undermine electoral process. They **** entirely on democratic law and institutions.

And now we’re led to believe they’re trying to protect it?!

Come on. It’s a ****ing duck.

You’re right. I agree actually wholeheartedly. He is acting as a sore loser and it shows why many never liked him or soured on him. He’s got the maturity of less than a five year old.

My question remains though: if legit fraud is uncovered, isn’t that a good thing?

If none is found: isn’t that also a good thing?

Trump isn’t doing it for the right reasons, or at least I don’t believe so. I think it’s simply because he lost and he wouldn’t have uttered the word fraud if he had won. 

It’s his game.

But still... isn’t finding out about fraud a good thing rather than a bad thing?

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don’t care who committed the fraud. I’m asking... if this whole thing by Trump uncovers fraud, isn’t it a good thing?

‘Trump uncovers fraud’ is ascribing some noble or honorable intent to him that is entirely false.

In every single election there are thousands and thousands of people monitoring for fairness. State officials, Federal officials, representatives of each party, independent observers, international groups.

Not one has claimed evidence of systematic fraud in this election. His own appointees gave the election a very clean bill of health:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/time.com/5912049/trumps-voter-fraud-claims-are-now-being-debunked-by-his-own-government/%3famp=true

Of course, every claim with evidence deserves investigation and any perpetrators of fraud should face the full consequences of the law. 

Trump looking for fraud is like a medieval priest hunting for witches. The only motivation is for his own benefit so that he can throw mud and claim he was cheated. 

1 minute ago, Mooka said:

Its possible you're a serial killer that wants to bomb schools and kill all the puppies. 

Its not relevant though.

Another aggressive comment that was totally unnecessary. You guys are really heated about a general question.

Just now, Corcaigh said:

‘Trump uncovers fraud’ is ascribing some noble or honorable intent to him that is entirely false.

In every single election there are thousands and thousands of people monitoring for fairness. State officials, Federal officials, representatives of each party, independent observers, international groups.

Not one has claimed evidence of systematic fraud in this election. His own appointees gave the election a very clean bull of health:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/time.com/5912049/trumps-voter-fraud-claims-are-now-being-debunked-by-his-own-government/%3famp=true

Of course, every claim with evidence deserves investigation and any perpetrators of fraud should face the full consequences of the law. 

Trump looking for fraud is like a medieval priest hunting for witches. The only motivation is for his own benefit so that he can throw mud and claim he was cheated. 

See my post to DH. Agreed. Also appreciate the detailed and informative response!

The true fraud is what is happening in places like Florida where 500k+ people were denied getting their voting rights back. Despite overwhelmingly supporting a state referendum to restore rights to ex felons, Florida made it impossible to get them back by denying rights until their debts were paid off to the State. But the State wouldn't tell them how much they owed. 

And that's just a small microcosm of what the GOP does nationwide to keep people from voting.

Yes, uncovering fraud is a good thing. What some are concerned with is that false or unfounded claims of broad and rampant fraud that is not evidence-based could be really harmful. 

I’ll present a personal example. Because of Trump’s nonstop claims that the election will be rigged added to the fact that he almost always projects his wrongdoing onto others... I can’t shake the belief that Trump with the cooperation of foreign actors hacked the Election Day in person vote. The reason why Trump was so opposed to mail in votes was because he couldn’t hack paper. 

Now, this feeling is based on no evidence and I want to believe it’s crazy, but the thought that the polls were accurate and Trump’s criminal conspirators underestimated by how much they needed to cheat. 

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

The true fraud is what is happening in places like Florida where 500k+ people were denied getting their voting rights back. Despite overwhelmingly supporting a state referendum to restore rights to ex felons, Florida made it impossible to get them back by denying rights until their debts were paid off to the State. But the State wouldn't tell them how much they owed. 

I wasn’t aware of that. 500k denied their voting rights back? That is absolutely fraud to the highest level. Awful. 

Just now, Burgold said:

Yes, uncovering fraud is a good thing. What some are concerned with is that false or unfounded claims of broad and rampant fraud that is not evidence-based could be really harmful. 

I’ll present a personal example. Because of Trump’s nonstop claims that the election will be rigged added to the fact that he almost always projects his wrongdoing onto others... I can’t shake the belief that Trump with the cooperation of foreign actors hacked the Election Day in person vote. The reason why Trump was so opposed to mail in votes was because he couldn’t hack paper. 

Now, this feeling is based on no evidence and I want to believe it’s crazy, but the thought that the polls were accurate and Trump’s criminal conspirators underestimated by how much they needed to cheat. 

I can see why that would be an issue. Reckless claims, in all avenues, are a major problem in society and this is no different.

Archived