Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

I have no doubt that if there was no corona; Joe's inauguration would have crowds similar to Obama's.   People will just want to be there to see Trump is no longer there.

That isn't happening.   It will be a subdued affair this time.

I say do something useful with his inauguration.   Have a fundraiser/telethon something to raise money for PPE/food,etc... to help those affected by corona.   Give these people some bright hope.    Even if Trump had won; 2021 is going to be rough.   Alot of businesses aren't coming back.  Job losses will at least temporarily increase before it starts coming back down.

This is A sermon I heard today from my local, "the churchs should be more involved in politics" pastor.  My wife and I are now more intrigued and curious by what he says about politics than the Bible.

"The church is apathetic about politics" (therefore its the churches fault Trump lost)

"Colorado voted to keep in place late-term abortion, and protected gray wolves... disgusting" (abortion support is always used as a metaphor for evil)

He went on to tell the story of David and Absalom (Absalom rebelled and kicked David out as king)...

He talked about Lincoln's 1864 election... 

Somehow Trump is King David and Lincoln (he never said Trump directly). 

Lincoln was unpopular and eventually won re-election on this date in 1864.... partly because of "The Battle of Atlanta".

So wait and see what happens, you may be surprised by the result. 

These people really do believe millions voted fraudulently or the election is being stolen.  

11 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

This is A sermon I heard today from my local, "the churchs should be more involved in politics" pastor.  My wife and I are now more intrigued and curious by what he says about politics than the Bible.

"The church is apathetic about politics" (therefore its the churches fault Trump lost)

"Colorado voted to keep in place late-term abortion, and protected gray wolves... disgusting" (abortion support is always used as a metaphor for evil)

He went on to tell the story of David and Absalom (Absalom rebelled and kicked David out as king)...

He talked about Lincoln's 1864 election... 

Somehow Trump is King David and Lincoln (he never said Trump directly). 

Lincoln was unpopular and eventually won re-election on this date in 1864.... partly because of "The Battle of Atlanta".

So wait and see what happens, you may be surprised by the result. 

These people really do believe millions voted fraudulently or the election is being stolen.  

Any church that gives political opinion should lose its tax exempt status immediately. 

Separation of church and state seems to be an often ignored thing. 

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Do we have a cabinet thread yet? I’m seeing stuff about Romney for HHS which would be supremely disappointing. Unless it’s part of my plot to steal the senate majority 

i was just thinking about that but then i read this post and now feel like holding off :P

15 minutes ago, GoSkinsGo said:

Any church that gives political opinion should lose its tax exempt status immediately. 

Separation of church and state seems to be an often ignored thing. 

The Pastor is very shrewd... he never mentioned Trump by name.  He was talking about "the election".  All talk centers around, "abortion is evil -- vote for those who are agianst evil".  Everyone knows exactly what they are talking about.  There may have been a few guest speakers who directly said, "don't vote for Nancy Pelosi."

The two times they had Charlie Kirk speak. It was focussed on abortion and then synonyms like protecting conservatism, freedom and liberty.  In fact, if you by how he represents himself he is just spreading a conservative message to young Americans who have been indoctrinated by government run schools. And his PAC is completly seperate.  I have no idea where he came from, but he has quite the nice little thing going on.  

1 minute ago, Fergasun said:

The two times they had Charlie Kirk speak. It was focussed on abortion and then synonyms like protecting conservatism, freedom and liberty.  In fact, if you by how he represents himself he is just spreading a conservative message to young Americans who have been indoctrinated by government run schools. And his PAC is completly seperate.  I have no idea where he came from, but he has quite the nice little thing going on.  

Does anyone else in the church feel like you do or do you feel like you're alone? I haven't been to church in 12 years because of what you're saying....I couldn't deal with it anymore

i wish we could get a potus with a comedy writer sense of humor...like if joe would do a presser for announcing his new cabinet and then when it starts, say he was gonna introduce his cabinet all at once like a true team and quickly rattle off a bunch of names that would be cliché-fitting for the group of 80-90 year old pasty-white guys with a few wisps of white hair who would creakingly 'trot' out on stage

then joe would look into the camera and say, 'just kidding america!' with a jim carrey grin

I love how the new refrain from the Trumpers seems to be "Well, if everything is on the up and up then the Dems should be fine with recounts everywhere..."

That's not how this works.

That's like me claiming that someone bangs goats in their house at night, and the only proof I have is that I couldn't get any video of them NOT banging goats, so it must be happening. That doesn't suddenly put the onus on the person I threw the crazy unfounded accusation at to prove that they don't do it.

MAGA is a goddamn virus.

8 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Does anyone else in the church feel like you do or do you feel like you're alone? I haven't been to church in 12 years because of what you're saying....I couldn't deal with it anymore

There's 3 churchs we bounced  around to locally -- this is one that we went to because our teen and tween kids were somewhat plugged in. We don't talk politics... 

Pre COVID everything was fine enough.... but election and COVID we don't feel welcome anymore.  

Archived