Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

6 minutes ago, Larry said:

Many of the participants in the "Brooks Brothers Riot" during the 2000 election later listed their participation on their resumes. 

As someone who only knows Brooks Brothers as a clothier, and who was in elementary school in 2000... what is the Brooks Brothers Riot?

11 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

No. Joe isn’t winning with that big of a margin.

The data trends are showing even more promise of Biden winning Iowa, Georgia, Texas, and Ohio than a week ago. Maybe they're inflated as pollsters are reacting to the early turnout? I don't know. But a true electoral landslide is becoming more and more possible. 

42 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yep I've said for years now that we've been suffering through the dumbification of America for quite some time. The election of Trump is/was the apex of that.

I honestly believe that the country is too far gone. Once ignorance like this takes hold, it degrades the entire ecosystem, pretty much as Carl Sagan described it in the post on the previous page. Turning that around requires a lot of luck and probably some sort of calamitous event that shakes up the status quo. Otherwise, it may be time for this modern version of Rome to collapse.

19 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Look out if he (Biden) wins Texas. That'd be the end of the GOP nationally. 

I desperately hope that would be the shock needed to get them to move toward the center and adopt popular policies like universal healthcare, abortion rights, etc. But unless something dramatic changes, I expect their 2024 nominee to be worse than Trump. 

18 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

I desperately hope that would be the shock needed to get them to move toward the center and adopt popular policies like universal healthcare, abortion rights, etc. But unless something dramatic changes, I expect their 2024 nominee to be worse than Trump. 

I'd settle for a simply shifting to believe that ethics actually matter again.  Drop the belief that the response to every single thing is to simply try to lie it into non-existence.  

So the prevailing narrative is that Trump is cutting into Biden's lead and tightening things up with a week to go? 

I'm here for it. Don't get complacent. 60 million have already voted and you shouldn't wait a second longer to do the same. Let's get this **** out of office!

Looks like I got to the early voting place to late around 11:45 am. Hundreds of people. So much for off-peak hours. Gonna try tomorrow around 9 am.

The problem is that this is the only early voting location in St. Mary's County MD, a population of about 117,000 (not sure on the registered voters). My actual voting precinct is super small and wouldn't even match the early voting line I'm looking at right now across the parking lot, even if everyone voted at the same time.

28 minutes ago, Bacon said:

So the prevailing narrative is that Trump is cutting into Biden's lead and tightening things up with a week to go? 

I'm here for it. Don't get complacent. 60 million have already voted and you shouldn't wait a second longer to do the same. Let's get this **** out of office!

Not sure where you are getting that from.  Everything I've seen shows Biden's lead to be stable (whereas Clinton was losing ground this time in 2016).  At least that's what I see form the big-name prognosticators.

I've probably gotten 30 texts and 10 phone calls over the last month.  Including several addressing me using the name of my brother who deceased 5 years ago.  (But apparently listed my cell phone number and address as his.)  (I'll never speak to him again, for that.)  

I keep getting emails addressing me as Scott. Some people here know my name isn't Scott, nor was my brother's name Scott. I think it's hilarious. I just delete them without opening because I can see that name in preview. These are from Democrats BTW.

I live in one of those Texas counties that have exceeded 2016 vote already. Makes me feel good that I'm helping turn Texas Blue. I wore all blue yesterday when I voted.

Archived