Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins vs Packers

TK

2 minutes ago, dyst said:

For the starters, tonight is a fail. Whatever they do now is a moral victory but it's against backups. 

i agree. but they need to get something positive going. IF I'm the head coach I am playing them until they score a TD. But I am not a pro coach so what do I know.

1st Quarter Notes

-Shawn Lauvao driven back on first snap for offense. No gain for Rob Kelley. 

- Moreau, first snap in the NFL, causes fumble on punt return! 

- Ty Nsekhe gives up pressure to Matthews on following snap, 4th offensive snap of the game. 

- Oline holding up well outside of those two gaffes. 

-  McGee, Hood and McClain starting on the Line, nice pressure first snap from all of them. 

- Nothing much from any of the DLinemen the next two snaps. Allen and Ioannidis were in the nickel defense on 3rd down.  

-  McGee, Hood and McClain again on following play after penalty. McGee with a nice run stop. Gets off his man, makes tackle.

- Next play, Hood pushed back, allowing 5 yard gain from RB. 

- Allen over pursues, leaves gap on run play following a few quick plays from Rodgers. 

- Ioannidis follows with a good run stop.

- Ioannidis with a good pass rush on following 3rd down. Rodgers does Rodgers' things and runs for a first. 

- Terrell McClain with a good rush on 2nd and 6. 

- Hood and McClain our the linemen in near the goal line. Do a nice job on 1st and goal after penalty to allow Foster to get the run stop. 

- Zach Brown played that well on the TD, just a good throw and good catch by Rodgers and Bennett. 

- Nsekhe and Sherff struggle on pass off, Sherff give up pressure on second snap of ensuing offensive drive.    

- Fabian Moreau again doing a great job on the punt, first guy there and finishes the tackle. 

- McGee, Hood and McClain your starting linemen. 

- Sack was mostly Preston Smith, but McGee does a good job getting immediate push. 

- Allen and Ioannidis in. Allen with great awareness on screen. Sniffs it out immediately and gets in on tackle. Ioannidis did well to get immediate pressure on QB, but he was essentially allowed a free release since it was a screen. 

- Not much of a rush on following 3rd down from Allen or Ioannidis. 

- Offense back out. Moses is in. 

- Just no movement from Lauvao on run play, Moses pulling inside also nothing. 

- Following 3rd and 1, Moses and Sherff do nice job getting some push to allow Kelley to get the first.

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

Yeah, but in order to start you don't have to be good, just better than the others.  I hope they all step it up.

1st drive he quits on the TD pass attempt, stood there when Cousins was in trouble & scrambled to throw it away to him, & probably did some other dumb thing on the run down

Part of me feels a good ass kicking for an entire season is something Gruden needs to really understand what it takes to be an NFL HC.

his first year was all scrambled due to grifin.  But he's had average teams the last 2 years, the first won the division, the second almost made the playoffs.

Maybe if they finished 4-12, he would be forced to be extremely reflective and put this captain yuk yuk shtick away.  He just lacks the intensity of his brother.

1 minute ago, TK said:

1st drive he quits on the TD pass attempt, stood there when Cousins was in trouble & scrambled to throw it away to him, & probably did some other dumb thing on the run down

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm with you on Kelley being bad so far.  I'm just worried about someone on the team being any better.

Archived