Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins vs Packers

TK

1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

Haha! So brother, I'm kinda a fair weather fan to the point where I can't stand following football during the of season. I keep my ear to the ground, but I'm not nearly involved as I am when the season actually starts. After hearing so much buzz about him, I just expected more. I didn't think he would ever be our QB, just thought that he might be a serviceable #2.

On this team almost anyone can be a starter or 2nd string. We're not that good (i.e. Compton and Hood as examples).

So yea, Sud could potentially be 2nd string for us but in actuality he sucks.

I'm still not too concern it's

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

The team will be fine. Cousins and the scheme rely HEAVILY on timing and rhythm and that will take time. Last year we struggled in the first game with that, the year before was a slow development. I wouldn't worry until after game 1.

ITA with this.

I don't get it about Suds-- not the guy to run the offense, mechanics are too slow.  

It makes me wish the Skins had drafted Nathan Peterman in the 5th round, instead of Sprinkle.  I hope the Skinscan pick him up somehow; he'd be a better replacement for McCoy than what's currently on the roster.

Was at the game. Sat in the club level, section 301. We left our seats two times when it started raining and went back to the seats both times when it stopped as well. There was a huge go pack go chant in the 4th quarter on the visitors side. We got our section to start chanting "Go back home" over and over ?? 

overall, yeah starting offense was bad. Proud that they finally got the TD though. 

Glad the offense got the extra work. They're a new group that's obviously not familiar with each other.  There is a drastic need for reps and moving into Pre #3 with as much of a full unit as you can field, it's good reps.  Didn't see anyone getting helped off the field. These are both positives.

8 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

The team will be fine. Cousins and the scheme rely HEAVILY on timing and rhythm and that will take time. Last year we struggled in the first game with that, the year before was a slow development. I wouldn't worry until after game 1.

But that's one of the problems with this team. We always get off to these slow starts and then find ourselves having to fight for a playoff spot. 

Why hey do we always seem to struggle early on? Gruden needs to correct that.

4 minutes ago, DM72 said:

But that's one of the problems with this team. We always get off to these slow starts and then find ourselves having to fight for a playoff spot. 

Why hey do we always seem to struggle early on? Gruden needs to correct that.

I think offensively a lot of that is on Cousins' shoulders. 

I personally feel he has some mental toughness issues where he needs to feel completely comfortable before he's confident. It's tough to feel 100% comfortable right away in preseason with new players and just the rust from a long offseason. 

Poor game by the starting offense, I don't think the defense was playing too bad, should have been a 3 and out on GB's first drive.

We'll see what happens next week, if they play sharp on offense and defense vs the Bengals then everyone will forget about the first 2 games.

What I'm pretty sure of is that if we look bad next week we will look bad when the season starts, you have to go back to Joe Gibbs 1.0 to find a Redskins team that played poorly in the preseason and it didn't carry over to the regular season.

1 minute ago, Fred Jones said:

I like Cousins and he not only is our best QB, but it would be a crap shoot to find a better one, but looking at his stats the last two years compared to the top quarterbacks in the league, he just is not as good as the stats showed compared to them.

Next years draft is supposedly deep at QB.

Not impressed by the 1st team offense or defense. Sudfeld is not an option going forward as a starter or back up should Cousins leave. Shawn Lauvao is still the weakest link on the offensive line and he gotta go. Looks like all the same main problems from last year. Maybe McVeigh was a better playcaller     than I thought. This team lacks disclipine it's an issue I'd love to see resolved quickly as the regular season is almost upon us.

1 minute ago, I Love The Skins said:

I also would like to know where was the flag on the play that Zack Pascal was dropped on his head? If we are going to complain about something in a preseason it should be about something like that. He could have gotten seriously hurt.

Yes I felt that should have been a flag too. That was horrible 

I have to agree that Shawn Lauvao seems to get pushed back a lot in the run game and he is relatively healthy. He is not suddenly going to get better when the season starts. Find an alternative.

And I agree that play calling has been lackluster so far. i hope this improves moving forward.

I'm having a hard time processing some of the folks on twitter whining about the play calling.  Saying Jay is in over his head and all is lost without McVay.

The offensive line getting absolutely no push, primarily Lavaou and even Long.  Kirk looking shaky and not building the instant connection with Pryor we want to see.  Valid concerns at this point.  Play calling, please.

Archived