Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nazis showing up at places uninvited.

No Excuses

20 minutes ago, tshile said:

that photo looks photoshopped

i'm not saying it is, and i'm not putting any effort into finding out, just saying it raises flags and looks photoshopped

From another WaPo article (it's the same guy I think).

BOL5OIB3RYI6VL7CBEHLG63AWE.jpg&w=767

Brandon Lewis, of Bergen, N.Y., carries a Barrett M82A1 rifle through the streets in Richmond. Lewis and his wife own an indoor shooting range and said they came to Virginia to show their support for the Second Amendment. (Julia Rendleman/For The Washington Post)

Edited by The Evil Genius

13 minutes ago, tshile said:

i'm not saying it is, and i'm not putting any effort into finding out, just saying it raises flags and looks photoshopped

It's not.  I was following a few Twitter accounts that were on site, and evidently that guy was, quote, "the belle of the ball" because he brought the coolest, biggest gun.  

1 hour ago, Corcaigh said:

@TheGreatBuzz

If it is “amazing”, and you undoubtedly know an enormous amount more about gun ownership and people who own guns than me, then the current interpretation of the second amendment is a deadly threat to US society. 

if gun owners can’t typically be expected to behave responsibly in an environment where there is no tension, no threat, then the largely unrestricted gun ownership we have should be of enormous concern to every person who cares about a decent, safe society.

This is still way too low of a bar.  Even if there was tension, even if there were (also non-violent) counter protesters, nobody should get credit for not shooting another person.  

You don't get credit for that.  That's like, the lowest bar for human conduct.  If you fail to do that, you get locked up in a cage for many years.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I think some most of you are unwilling to give any credit to a group of people you don’t like or a group that does something (carries a firearm) you don’t like.  The fact that 20,000 people (is that the reported number?) grouped in one area WITH GUNS and no one was hurt and only one person was arrested is amazing.

If nobody getting shot is amazing, then the protest should not have been permitted to occur.  Or at least not in that form.  

Show me someone for whom going eight hours without shooting someone is amazing, and I'll show you someone who not only shouldn't be permitted to own a firearm, he shouldn't be permitted to walk around free.  

• Like 2

And it’s not even mother****ers from VA... coming to protest proposed VA laws.  Like, **** them.  Get the **** out of my state with your white power scare tactics.  That’s bull**** man.  These people can’t even cast a vote in my state and they are here trying to bully my elected officials into withdrawing proposed legislation.

Its a damn sham is what it is.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

It's not.  I was following a few Twitter accounts that were on site, and evidently that guy was, quote, "the belle of the ball" because he brought the coolest, biggest gun.  

It is a cool gun, not one I would tote around though. :)

2 hours ago, Larry said:

If nobody getting shot is amazing, then the protest should not have been permitted to occur.  Or at least not in that form.  

I agree that a permit for the demonstration should have barred carrying a firearm.  That many people gathering for such a hot button issue carries too great a risk of something bad happening.  Adding guns just makes the possible outcome exponentially worse.

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Every time I see the title of the thread, I think "No one expects the Nazi Inquisition!"  

I did Nazi that coming.

12 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Would you tote it around if you were going to a Live Action Role Playing event and REALLY wanted attention from, and to give boners to, several thousand men?

maybe to a girls with guns event, but I carry big guns all the time

image.png.654d10a1f3bbe37f00d7679d124bed68.png

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, tshile said:

It's not, there are dozens of him. 
ap-20020524284560.jpg

image.jpg

virginia-gun-rally-wusa.jpg?quality=85&strip=all

google "gun protest 50 cal" and you will find him.

This is not a hobby rifle, not a sporting rifle. it is a Barrett M82 .50 caliber rifle, an extremely long range sniper rifle.
you know,, for shooting deer in the next state.

This is an assault rifle, no matter how much the little pinheads like to split hairs over what is defined as what. It is insane that a thing like this can be bought and sold in this country. In-****ing-SANE.

~Bang

PS,, sorry for my tone, but this whole thing really has me pissed off.  Here's hoping the FBI got miles and miles of photographs of these people.

Edited by Bang
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Re: the photoshop comment

It looks photoshopped. Because it’s ridiculous. That’s why I was like “I’m not putting any effort into it”

I guess the raising flags thing took the humor out of it and made it more of a  accusation. Wasn’t my intention. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

it is utterly ridiculous.

the entire gun problem is ridiculous In every sense of the word.

One day if there are any people left, they will look at what we once were and ridicule us for allowing the most ignorant and dumbest among us to dictate our downfall.

The rage i feel at the impotence of common sense creates within me a daily struggle to not just be the worst person i can.

I am SO ANGRY. I am now filled with hatred. We see the downfall of our society daily, we see the results of the worst people controlling us and laughing as they destroy us, and we appear to be utterly powerless to stop it.  We give credence to the worst, we have normalized all of this, and what's worse, we've been shamed into doing it for no other reason except to further our own downfall. We KNOW this is the entire point,  but we seem unable to affect this reality beyond pointing at it and saying "look".

I know a lot of folks look at my ravings on these pages and think it's mostly hyperbole or internet tough guy talk, but the fact is everything i am raging about keeps coming to pass. Every time we think we've hit the bottom, we find out we aren't even close.

I have no idea what is going to happen, except I am convinced it is going to lead to the destruction of America as we knew it, and our ways of life will never be the same unless we selfishly just stay in a bubble and pretend that it is.

I don't know how any of this will end without violence. I do not see any negotiable ways to change our course. People say "Vote", and i will, but I have absolutely no faith left that the system isn't rigged, and it is only bolstered by McConnell's steadfast resolution to not do ANYTHING to prevent it. Negotiation requires reason, and reason is all but dead. All that is left is anger and a desire to lash out, to inflict, but that won't solve anything either.  The only debate I have to offer anymore is "**** off".

I hate in every aspect of the word, and i hate that I hate.  It is a conflict within me, but my past has taught me that hatred is an asset when the time comes, and i fear that time is coming.
I hope like hell I am wrong. i hope that one day everyone can come in here and laugh at me and shame the **** out of me for being so wrong. I hope i am so wrong that no one ever takes me seriously again. But i doubt that I am.

These people didn't shoot anyone in their big public party. 
Hooray. John Wayne Gacy convinced people he was a nice guy when he was in public. Jeffrey Dahmer cajoled 2 cops into giving him back a victim that had escaped. Ted Bundy was the nicest and most charming guy you'd ever want to meet..  unless you met him when no one else was around.
Don't be fooled because these people behaved in public. Many of them probably won't ever do anything, but as I have also said many times, it doesn't take an army to have a war. 

Best be ready. i keep saying it, and I 100% mean it because i 100% believe it.  Do not be taken by surprise when it is at your door.. when it's someone you know murdered in a shooting spree, that is dead in a church fire.

Don't expect it won't or can't happen. It can, and it is. The agencies charged with protecting us from these threats are the same agencies the ****ing PRESIDENT is trying to discredit, to destroy.

It is mind boggling that we are here, but here we are.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/virginia-senate-approves-red-flag-law-allowing-temporary-seizure-of-guns-from-someone-deemed-a-threat/2020/01/22/46dc124c-3d2d-11ea-b90d-5652806c3b3a_story.html

Virginia Senate approves ‘red flag’ law allowing temporary seizure of guns from someone deemed a threat

The Virginia Senate on Wednesday passed a "red flag" law that would allow authorities to temporarily seize the firearm of someone deemed a threat, a measure that was strongly opposed by gun rights advocates who swarmed the streets around the state Capitol on Monday.

The bill passed on a party-line vote of 21-19, with every Democrat in favor and every Republican against. Debate grew unusually sharp as some GOP senators suggested that the bill would violate the Second Amendment’s right to bear arms.

The bill was among four gun control measures that passed out of a Senate committee last week. The other three — limiting handgun purchases to one per month, requiring background checks on all firearms purchases, and letting localities ban weapons from certain events and government buildings — have already passed the Senate.

The red-flag bill, which establishes what’s known as an extreme risk protective order, moved more slowly through the full Senate as members of both parties worked to address concerns about how the law would be implemented. Both Minority Leader Thomas K. Norment Jr. (R-James City) and Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax (D) had urged senators to build more due process into the measure.

Amendments were included to require law enforcement agencies to consult with a commonwealth’s attorney before requesting a protective order and to require an affidavit of supporting facts, among numerous other tweaks.

Two days after tens of thousands of protesters thronged downtown Richmond to rage against gun control, Democrats said they were undeterred in seeking gun restrictions, which they said voters overwhelmingly endorsed by electing them last fall.

• Like 2

Look at that fine specimen of the master race. There's the man that ought to be leading the Commonwealth's well-regulated militia, and there should be absolutely no restrictions on the caliber of his arsenal.

If he obtains a nuclear warhead my thoughts on the matter would be as follows: well, I should probably oppose this, but the Second Amendment says the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed, so really my hands are tied here. 

• Haha 2

A New Face of White Supremacy: Plots Expose Danger of the ‘Base’

The plans were as sweeping as they were chilling: “Derail some trains, kill some people, and poison some water supplies.”

It was the blunt, bloody prescription for sparking a race war by a member of the Base, a white supremacist group that has come under intense scrutiny amid a series of stunning recent arrests.

Federal agents, who had secretly recorded those remarks in a bugged apartment during a domestic terrorism investigation, pounced on seven members of the group last week in advance of a rally on Monday by gun rights advocates in Richmond, Va. Three members of one cell in Maryland affiliated with the group plotted attacks at the rally, hoping to ignite wider violence that would lead to the creation of a white ethno-state, law enforcement officials said.

The “defendants did more than talk,” Robert K. Hur, the United States attorney for Maryland, said after a detention hearing on Wednesday in federal court in Greenbelt, Md. “They took steps to act and act violently on their racist views.”

The details that emerged in court and in documents from active cases in three other states — Georgia, Wisconsin and New Jersey — unveiled a disturbing new face of white supremacy.

The Base illustrates what law enforcement officials and extremism experts describe as an expanding threat, particularly from adherents who cluster in small cells organized under the auspices of a larger group that spreads violent ideology.

“We have a significant increase in racially motivated violent extremism in the United States and, I think, a growing increase in white nationalism and white supremacy extremist movements,” Jay Tabb, the head of national security for the F.B.I., said at an event in Washington last week.

Experts who have studied the Base say it seems to have followed the model of Al Qaeda and other violent Islamic groups in working to radicalize independent cells or even lone wolves who would be inspired to plot their own attacks.

They describe the Base as an “accelerationist” organization, seeking to speed the collapse of the country and give rise to a state of its own in the Pacific Northwest by killing minorities, particularly African-Americans and Jews.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Virginia Senate approves ‘red flag’ law allowing temporary seizure of guns from someone deemed a threat

as some GOP senators suggested that the bill would violate the Second Amendment’s right to bear arms.

There needs to be something in the Constitution or Amendments about the right not to be shot by a person who has no business having access to firearms.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

There needs to be something in the Constitution or Amendments about the right not to be shot by a person who has no business having access to firearms.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness

-The Declaration of Independence (which does not carry the weight of law). 

• Like 1