Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nazis showing up at places uninvited.

No Excuses

50 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I do think we need to acknowledge how impressive it is that many idiots showed up with guns in one place and no one was hurt.  I read there was only one arrest and the place wasn't trashed when they left.  I guess even idiots can impress sometimes. 

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I do think we need to acknowledge how impressive it is that many idiots showed up with guns in one place and no one was hurt.  I read there was only one arrest and the place wasn't trashed when they left.  I guess even idiots can impress sometimes. 

I don't think it's impressive for people to act like adults in a crowd. To me, it's expected that people assemble peaceably, armed or not. It's funny to see these "proud" men show up masked like they are afraid to acknowledge how stupid they look and they don't want to be identified.

This weekend, millions of people, mostly women, marched in cities across the nation for women's rights without incidents of violence, like adults, and without arms. 

• Like 5

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

Btw, the one arrest was a woman of color for wearing a mask in public.

What are the chances?!?

Yeah, I didn't catch all of the details of her arrest. But, I thought I heard news channel saying she was wearing a bandana to cover her face. Which, if true, was no worse than the "hunting masks" or whatever those stupid cammo masks people wore to cover the lower half of their face. Others had similar 'skeleton' masks on as well.  I think they cops didn't want to make too much of it & cause problems. Hindsight: If I was the Governor I would have banned hats, gloves & scarves within the city limits from sunup to sundown. 

One last thing - I only saw video on local news of 1 person - white dude, mid/early 40s - walking with a handheld sign that was anti-gun. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Btw, the one arrest was a woman of color for wearing a mask in public.

What are the chances?!?

sounds to me she got what she deserved. She was told multiple times to adjust her mask and didn’t. 

Edit: If other people were able to where face masks then the situation is obs different.

several people who also got what they deserved were arrested before it even started....

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

3 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Not sure how much credit anyone should get for not shooting someone.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Hitler kept the streets pristine in Nazi Germany so maybe cleanliness is next to Godliness...and Nazis.

2 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I don't think it's impressive for people to act like adults in a crowd. To me, it's expected that people assemble peaceably, armed or not.  

It is when the people are as stupid as these people are.  They acted like adults, something they rarely do.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

It is when the people are as stupid as these people are.  They acted like adults, something they rarely do.

Or they acted like children who figured Mom was watching.  

Which I'll settle for.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why does it feel like we have this phenomena in our country where we seem to be lowering the bar for white dudes like this and Trump, but everyone else has to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps?

Why are some people so generous with sympathy and understanding for them, but have so little for others?

I'm not directing this at you Buzz. Your comments sparked the thought, but it happens so many times in other instances and I'm not trying to pile on you personally.

Edited by Fresh8686
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Why does it feel like we have this phenomena in our country where we seem to be lowering the bar for white dudes like this and Trump, but everyone else has to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps?

Why are some people so generous with sympathy and understanding for them, but have so little for others?

I'm not directing this at you Buzz. Your comments sparked the thought, but it happens so many times in other instances and I'm not trying to pile on you personally.

Its 100% skin color.

Get 3 black guys dressed like the people in the above post and you’ve got SWAT showing up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

For me, it has nothing to do with color.  It's mainly political affiliation (which GOP I imagine is mostly white).  If you're a Trumper, I'm surprised you're able to tie your own shoes.

10 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Its 100% skin color.

Get 3 black guys dressed like the people in the above post and you’ve got SWAT showing up.

I disagree.  I saw more than a few people of darker skin walking around armed up.

18 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

For me, it has nothing to do with color.  It's mainly political affiliation (which GOP I imagine is mostly white).  If you're a Trumper, I'm surprised you're able to tie your own shoes.

I disagree.  I saw more than a few people of darker skin walking around armed up.

Yea, I had a feeling your reasons were coming from that place, rather than the energy I was focused on. That's why I wanted to put that qualifier in there for you specifically.

29 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Its 100% skin color.

I think there is more nuance to it than that. It's a brain thing and what people are doing or not doing to balance their brain thing.

It seems to me that there are a lot of people who do not practice empathy or who do not self-examine their personal biases. And when both of those things occur in a person, you have someone who has a poorly developed empathy/understanding system that only initializes with the help or jump-start of an initial positive "setting of the emotional table".

So, when you have light skinned people with those kinds of brains, they will have a behavior that will create understanding and sympathy for people who look like them and who they identify with, while being callous or harsh to others who don't and consequently aren't stimulating that initial positive bias.  The same thing will also occur with dark skinned people who also have these kinds of brains, or male brains of this kind that have a negative bias to women, etc.

So it's more 100% a certain kind of brain with a certain kind of development, rather than skin color.

Which is also why I was able to make the right decision of not lumping Buzz into this category, because I believed his brain was writing his comment for different reasons than the brain type of these other simpletons I was making my original comment about.

Edited by Fresh8686
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Its 100% skin color.

Imagine thousands of armed black men wearing masks with anti government messages marching on an American city. The GOP would be calling for strengthening gun laws.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Imagine thousands of armed black men wearing masks with anti government messages marching on an American city. The GOP would be calling for strengthening gun laws.

A few dozen did it when Reagan was Gov of California.  It scarred the **** out of white people.  It was probably the last time Republicans supported more gun control.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulford_Act

The Mulford Act was a 1967 California bill that repealed a law allowing public carrying of loaded firearms. Named after Republican assemblyman Don Mulford, and signed into law by then governor of California, Ronald Reagan, the bill was crafted in response to members of the Black Panther Party who were conducting armed patrols of Oakland neighborhoods while they were conducting what would later be termed copwatching. They garnered national attention after the Black Panthers marched bearing arms upon the California State Capitol to protest the bill.

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1