Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nazis showing up at places uninvited.

No Excuses

58 minutes ago, twa said:

Antifa Group to March With Pro-Gun Protesters at Virginia Rally

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/antifa-group-to-march-with-pro-gun-protesters-at-virginia-rally/

I'm sure it will be the safest place in town.  All those Good Guys With Guns, nothing bad could possibly happen.  

Edited by Larry
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Springfield said:

I feel like Northam has drawn undue attention to this rally by declaring a state of emergency.

I mean, there is a REALLY high probability of violence on Monday.  There have already been arrests of people that were planing on going and intentionally inciting violence, the dumb**** in the White House is egging them on, a significant number of people that have announced they'll be going are literally banned from Charlottesville, so they have a history of being involved in violence at similar events, and the main organizers of the rally (the Virginia Citizens Defense League) are already saying they have no control over anything that happens and the blame should go to law enforcement if they [ law enforcement] aren't able to prevent violence:

“The frustrating thing to me is, if something does happen, that’ll be all people talk about,” Van Cleave said. “My view is, we have no control. We’re telling police everything we know about and trusting them to do their job.”

So basically, the VCDL organizes an event that is going to bring several thousand armed gun nuts to Richmond, and now they are claiming, in advance, that they are not responsible for whatever happens.  That doesn't sound too good.  

If Northam didn't declare a SOE and then there is violence, he'd get (rightfully) pilloried.  

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Springfield said:

I feel like Northam has drawn undue attention to this rally by declaring a state of emergency.

no way, all the **** heads were going to be there regardless. Hopefully this gives him the resources to lock down any embarrassing tragedies before they happen. 

biggest mistake was not taking the Charlottesville protests seriously enough.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 1

Kinda hard to argue that a declaration is wrong, for an event at which multiple gun nut militias, and Antifa, have announced in advance that they will be there, armed.  

How extreme would they have to be, to be clearly excessive?  

As a longtime RVA resident (DC born & raised) I'm not looking forward to this.

If you've never been to downtown RVA, it's really not built for large numbers of people (especially around the capital building). Which probably means people spread out all over downtown. It will also cause police to be spread out all over, too. I haven't seen a map of where the various groups plan to go (if there's even some kind of a plan). 

If people stray into the wrong areas, it could get very, very ugly. There are some rough areas around there where outsiders could find a very unpleasant welcome. 

16 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

If people stray into the wrong areas, it could get very, very ugly. There are some rough areas around there where outsiders could find a very unpleasant welcome. 

Just fantasizing, but it would be OK with me if the "take away" from this thing would be the locals telling a bunch of "militia" to go back to Wisconsin or wherever they're from, and take over a wildlife refuge.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EmirOfShmo said:

There are some rough areas around there where outsiders could find a very unpleasant welcome. 

Maybe the guard or police Northam called up can give them a attitude adjustment while taking out the trash.

Friend of ours just got here from Richmond for a couple day “vacation” at her company’s advisement and blessing for all their employees.

Potential for more to follow which is ok by us.  Plenty of room for a proverbial Richmond refugee camp.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I think we need to rename this thread.  Maybe an all inclusive white nationalist thread.  Or at least a generic white nationalist gathering thread.  Something besides just Charlottesville.

Thoughts?  @No Excuses

I propose "Virginia...?  Oh yeah, Virginia."  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1