Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins at Ratbirds GAME DAY THREAD

TK

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

It's weird. I think Gruden takes preseason too lightly. I think you see it in his team. It may also be why the Redskins start every season slowly.

You may be onto something there. Too bad it leads to a month long hangover to start the regular season every year.

I don't recall what preseason games looked like Gruden pre-2016, but for two offseasons now the team has just looked not prepared for actual football.   

I know the Ravens are one of those teams that seem to bring a little extra with aggressive defense in the preseason, but it just seemed like there was really nothing to be offered by our offense.  Maybe that was completely by design, but the execution itself, especially on running plays.....was just horrid.

18 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

So if a WR ....

I wanna play

...gets two feet down on a sideline catch, but his momentum carries him well out of bounds, all the way to our uber slippery track ~15 yards away, then slips and falls as he slows to avoid the inevitable, and he drops the ball as he goes to catch himself....it's no catch.  He didn't make a football move, didn't complete the play, didn't become a runner, and didn't maintain control as he was about to whack the back of his head on our annually oiled up track.

1 minute ago, dyst said:

When does the off-season start?

For us likely 4:45 after week 17. 

Then we get to talk about the Cousins contract again fir 3 months 

Weeeeeeeeeee!

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Its preseason. Relax.

R E L A X.

I reject your reality and replace it with my own.

PANIC!!!!!!!!

Just now, TK said:

Post game presser is being shown on the Periscope app for those without CSN

Drinking game: every time gruden says look at the film, take a shot.

im second thought, don't.  We don't need rampant alcohol poisoning. 

1 minute ago, dyst said:

This team needs to treat preseason like it's a real game. I fear injury but until we prove we can be a consistent NFL caliber team, we need to give it our all.

As long as they treat it like week 3+.  

Week 1/2 are just an extension of the ore season.

7 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I don't recall what preseason games looked like Gruden pre-2016, but for two offseasons now the team has just looked not prepared for actual football.   

I know the Ravens are one of those teams that seem to bring a little extra with aggressive defense in the preseason, but it just seemed like there was really nothing to be offered by our offense.  Maybe that was completely by design, but the execution itself, especially on running plays.....was just horrid.

last pre-season I remember us winning weeks 2, 3 and 4. we were prepared enough to win those 3 games.

I don't know what was up with tonight though.

Archived