Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins at Ratbirds GAME DAY THREAD

TK

Just now, Rattlesnake88 said:

Well that was painful. Hopefully we don't get injury bug because our depth is nowehere near where I thought it would be. Let's hope this week is an anomaly. 

You copy/pasted that from last year didn't you?

Granted I have not seen the first quarter yet but the other three quarters were god awful.  Reminded me on when "The Old Ball Coach" came to town.  All the hype about how good they were going to be and entire preseason they were awful.  And we know how that worked out.  Again maybe they did some good things in the first quarter but the final three quarters, I would think are really disappointing for the coaches.

Well i guess it's a good thing these games don't count, because this was a letdown.

Was hoping to see the starting offense at least move the ball well but that didn't happen.

All 3 QBs looked like butthole.

The running game was an even bigger butthole.

I really don't think it's the backs fault, it's the stupid scheme. 10 yards in a half is pathetic. I see gruden picked up where mcvay left off, one token running attempt then 2 pass attempts en route to a 3 and out.

On the plus side, defense looked good, Brown is a massive upgrade over Compton, Harvey-Clemons looked good, run defense was decent overall.

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

So are we going to play grab-ass all preseason with the starters and act like we are the rock solid Patriots again or actually use the rest of preseason to get ready for the regular season.

We can't afford a slow start 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

i was wondering who would notice my GofT reference.  And, of course it's a regular poster in that thread. 

Interested to hear the post-game from Gruden. Its already been stated by Doug Williams that there was a lot of mistakes. Its what preseason is for. Let's face it, we've come out and played lights out in past preseason games and looked like stinky poo (trying not to cuss) during the season. 

Gruden is smiling as the clock ticks 00:00. If he's not disturbed, I'm cool. 

Overall, a pretty ugly game. I guess the D showed up a little bit, but YUCK!

Redskins offense starters, backups, and third string looked really rough. I know this game means nothing, but it doesn't feel good seeing our guys look that bad.

Just now, clskinsfan said:

LMAO!!! The play of the game is a 6 yard run by Thompson? That about sums this debacle up.

See, this is why I wanted the homer broadcast. It takes ingenuity to spin this game into something not horrible.

Just now, joeken24 said:

Interested to hear the post-game from Gruden. Its already been stated by Doug Williams that there was a lot of mistakes. Its what preseason is for. Let's face it, we've come out and played lights out in past preseason games and looked like stinky poo (trying not to cuss) during the season. 

Gruden is smiling as the clock ticks 00:00. If he's not disturbed, I'm cool. 

It's weird. I think Gruden takes preseason too lightly. I think you see it in his team. It may also be why the Redskins start every season slowly.

Archived