Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins at Ratbirds GAME DAY THREAD

TK

16 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Interested to hear the post-game from Gruden. Its already been stated by Doug Williams that there was a lot of mistakes. Its what preseason is for. Let's face it, we've come out and played lights out in past preseason games and looked like stinky poo (trying not to cuss) during the season. 

Gruden is smiling as the clock ticks 00:00. If he's not disturbed, I'm cool. 

Same coach prepared the team to come out like a division IAA team in the opener last year.

hes a YukYuk kids jolly guy.  I like that.

but is that the best way to prepare a team?  Bellichick, Gibbs, Parcells, etc weren't that way.  Maybe it works.  But I'm going to reserve judgement until he wins games early.

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

but is that the best way to prepare a team?  Bellichick, Gibbs, Parcells, etc weren't that way.  Maybe it works.  But I'm going to reserve judgement until he wins games early.

Gibbs was notoriously bad in preseason games. 

Bring back Spurrier!!!!  We need to put up 40/game in the preseason. 

17 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

last pre-season I remember us winning weeks 2, 3 and 4. we were prepared enough to win those 3 games.

I don't know what was up with tonight though.

The wins are meaningless because you have backups going against each other.

It's the piss poor performance by the starters that is key.

And by piss poor, keep in mind the bar for 'good' is moving the ball just a bit, not taking dumb penalties, and in general looking like you maybe have taken the field once or twice before.

You don't even need to score points. You just need to not look clueless or like it's your first time and you don't know which way your supposed to go

Derp what are those colored things on the ends of the field? What's this pointy oblong brown thing?

last for the night, this post-game interview with Nico Marley was awesome. he's like a kid on Christmas. had the widest smile and almost couldnt believe he's living his dream. kept repeating how much fun he was having, felt like a kid, and didn't get down on himself/knew a new play was coming next and that was his chance to do things better.

pretty funny that he didn't seem to know who Brian Mitchell was when Brian was intro'ed for his question to Nico. Brian chuckled as well loll. Trevor told him he plays like a guy who's 6'2, 220 and Nico lit up and was super thankful. at the end of the interview and after every compliment was "peace and blessings" and a huge smile. such a cool, laid back character. definitely has his grandfather's blood running through him.

hope you guys can catch the interview because I'm not doing it justice. I am officially on the Nico Marley train 100%.

I hope Murphy is okay, he was everywhere before that. That guy is going to have a monster year.

Cravens meh. I just think he is a liability at safety. Hope he is alright, but I'm really high on Everette.

Our run defense looks much better. Defense might actually be alright, especially is we can score on offense.

Archived