Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins at Ratbirds GAME DAY THREAD

TK

• TK pinned this topic

What I'm looking for.

First string O to actually score a TD. They haven't done this in the last few years in Pre Season. 

Basic tackling. Ya know, what the D has had problems doing since the Hazlett days.

A run game.

And a pass rush.

Gimme those 4 things tonight & I'll be happy. :)

It's all about the Defense for me tonight. Dline first and foremost. All of them, but I really want to see if Lanier has progressed and I'm interested in all the talk about Ioannidis. 

Next up is the Safeties. See how Everett looks. Fish, of course.

Our young DBs like Holsey and Homer. Also want to see if Dunbar looks improved. Had a sophomore slump last season. 

Then, finally, all the ILBs. Very disappointed Spaight isn't playing. 

Offensively? Can't wait to see Robert Davis at WR. Our new Olinemen in Kalis and Roullier who are getting noticed. 

Good times and no injuries, God willing. 

12 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

It's all about the Defense for me tonight. Dline first and foremost. All of them, but I really want to see if Lanier has progressed and I'm interested in all the talk about Ioannidis. 

Then, finally, all the ILBs. Very disappointed Spaight isn't playing. 

Offensively? Can't wait to see Robert Davis at WR. Our new Olinemen in Kalis and Roullier who are getting noticed. 

I think Ioannidis is gonna get reps this season.  I ain't holding my breath on Lanier.  Based solely on my personal intuition. :P

I like Spaight as much as the next guy, he just seems small out there to me.  Good depth and ST guy, but I think that's it for him.

Excited that football is officially back.  Cheers, brother. 

200.webp#83-grid1

So excited to watch the young guys. I love the last 1st quarter into the 3rd quarter of the first game. I want to see the 2nd string guys and the guys competing and you get such a great time to see them in game one. As the preseason goes on, you start getting mostly the dregs and the end of the roster guys...but I really like the young guys + the fat middle of depth. It's exciting to watch those guys and how they do.

footballs back, woot! interestingly enough, I'm looking forward to checking out the defense the most. basically a list of people i'll be following:

the Mcs, Ioannidis, Allen, Anderson, Brown, Cravens, Smithson, Moreau, Holsey, Harvey-Clemons, Fuller, DJ and Everett. aah! adding Taylor Mbu and Pipkins. so many new, shiny pieces on defense!

and a few on offense: Sprinkle, Roberts, Pascal, Perine and of course Pryor.

Haven't posted or participated in the boards in a looooooong time for various reasons, hoping this go round experience is better. 

Tonight I want to see even in small

sample sizes our 1st string develope a rhythm and gain timing with the new pieces in the offense, after that I want to see what we have as far as depth because we have some fragile and aging pieces and our second and third strings will have to play at some point in the season. 

HTTR

Archived