Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo Sports: Most Broken Fanbase (Guess Whose #1?)

samy316

3 hours ago, SkinsFanMania said:

I thought that was hilarious.  It wasn't his fault Vinny traded for him and then moved him to linebacker.  

The only reason anybody can put up with the endless idiocy of having Bruce Allen running everything is that Snyder set the bar so low with Vinny "sacks n' stuff" Cerrato.

Maybe Snyder is a genius after all. He still has 1/2 the fan base believing that we're going to the paloffs every year.

It's still the amateur league version of what Jerry Jones has been pulling on Puke fans for the past 2 decades. Fielding a scrub team 2/3's of the time while they believe year after year that they are most definitely going to the Super Bowl. :rofl89:He's even getting into the HOF while the coach who did all of his winning still isn't in. What a joke. :rofl89:

The Cleveland Browns fans without question should be #1 though. Not only did they lose their pathetic losing team in the 90's, but then that same team went on to win 2 Super Bowls in another city while the team that replaced their old one picked up right where the old one left off by losing the majority of their games in 16 of 18 seasons.

Browns fans should demand the teams helmet be changed to this:

cookie-browns-dookie-turd-football-helme

On 8/6/2017 at 1:37 PM, SkinsGuy said:

You just don't get being a fan, do you? Too busy "keeping it real" now, I guess. :ols:

It's why 20-25 years later, I can spend time pissing on Tony Dorrsett (even tough he was a great HoF RB), but not bad mouth George Rogers (who was a disappointment here).

I just won't spend time throwing manure into the window of my own house. Especially 10-20 year old manure. :) 

I have no compulsion to show any respect to Jason Taylor. This is a Redskin board. He's an ex-Dolphin. Who cares? I was only reacting to his words last night. I haven't thought of Jason Taylor in YEARS.

But, like I told Brave, if you want to be a member of the Jason Taylor Fan Club, go for it. 

More power to you. :) 

Hey, no politics in the stadium......

oh wait....:D

1 hour ago, SkinsGuy said:

I don't get it, but I gave you a like anyway. ;) 

I was just making a joke about the ridiculous way people will over look and just somehow refuse to acknowledge their parties shortcomings and faults, for no real reason other than the sake of wanting to be right, that usually is associated with message board political talk.

You don't see this level of denial outside of politics. 

I don't follow the likes or care really.

Kind of ties into the article I posted last week about the team losing it's fanbase. Poor performance, an abysmal stadium and even worse game day experience are starting to take a toll. Now lets just watch Danny Boy walk the team out of DC to the highest bidder. Now that would be the icing on the cake.

Well, at least Chris Simms' like us (though he ranks the Giants and Dallas ahead of us).....he also has the Lions ahead of the Packers....not sure about you, but I am thinking Chris might wanna have a doctor check his noggin'.

This is a ranking that might surprise some people, but I like where the Redskins are trending. They were close last year. They lost a lot of heartbreaking games, and I think they'll be able to win those and take a step forward this season.

One thing I look at is the front of the Washington defense. This was a smaller group last season, but the Redskins got bigger and better by adding guys like Stacy McGee and Terrell McClain. With young players like Fabian Moreau and Ryan Anderson also in the mix, the Washington defense should be much improved this season.

The offense should again be a strength. I know the Redskins lost both DeSean Jackson and Pierre Garcon, but Terrelle Pryor is an upgrade. I don't think people realize that. If Josh Doctson can fill the No. 2 role, the Redskins will be in great shape.

Kirk Cousins is a solid quarterback, and with weapons like Pryor, Jordan Reed, Jamison Crowder and Robert Kelley, he should be as productive as ever. A step forward from Doctson would put this team over the top.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2725577-nfl-power-rankings-where-does-every-team-stand-at-start-of-preseason

On 8/6/2017 at 10:43 PM, SkinsFanMania said:

I thought that was hilarious.  It wasn't his fault Vinny traded for him and then moved him to linebacker.  

I was in Greece when I heard the trade go down.  I was totally livid and a Dan Snyder desperation move.  i also remember an article from Peter King saying that Jason Campbell was having his best training camp of his career.  

Prove it on the field consistently, stop the off-season antics, and articles like this disappear.  Amazing how that works.

The skins are definitely not worthy of #1, though.  Cleveland is worse.

This season is pretty big for a ton of people.  Lot's of uncertainty at QB and Defense.  My bet is Kirk shines with new weapons and the D gets into the 20's in overall rank and we shut up those damn haters, at least temporarily.

I only object to the idea that there's no closer second to us.   Comeon the Detroit Loins made the greatest RB and a  joy to watch retire in his prime because of their dysfunction, and two decades later its pretty much the same ****show.  Thats gotta at least make them a close second.

On 8/10/2017 at 0:52 AM, thinwhiteduke said:

its a pointless,meaningless fluff piece not to be taken remotely seriously.

they through the names in a fictional hat and decided to make Redskis number 1 lol

Nah, follow my back and forth with the writer, he believes it. I hope after this year, considering intensity last night, I don't have to eat crow and go back and admit he was right. I am looking around, not much board action, very limited crowd of Skins fans making that big trek over to B-Town......Starting to wonder myself. 

On 8/11/2017 at 3:22 PM, SWFLSkins said:

Nah, follow my back and forth with the writer, he believes it. I hope after this year, considering intensity last night, I don't have to eat crow and go back and admit he was right. I am looking around, not much board action, very limited crowd of Skins fans making that big trek over to B-Town......Starting to wonder myself. 

Ummm, I dunno about that.  I went to the ballgame & got seats right at the 50 (lower bowl, upper half: beautiful sight lines).  Many of the folks sitting in my immediate vicinity were Skins Fans.  In fact, I saw clumps of Skins Backers all over that place.  So much so, that it seemed like our side's representation was approaching 40% of the crowd.  I was impressed by the level of support.

I s'pose it's a tomato/to-mah-to thing.

-----------------------------------------------------

But I gotta get this offa my chest;

-The Buffalo Bills have not been to The Playoffs since last century!

-The Detroit Lions have Won 3 Playoff games in 59 years & are the only NFC Franchise to never reach The Super Bowl :blink:

-The Kansas City Chiefs haven't Won a Playoff game in 22 years

-The Cincinnati Bengals haven't in 25 years

-The New York Jets have got to be the WORST RUN Franchise in the NFL right now

-Within 5 years, the San Francisco 49ers turned a Super Bowl Team into the WORST team in The Conference!

And it is The Washington Redskins that have The NFL's most broken Fanbase.

A little perspective is needed here folks.

Well that's bit o

1 hour ago, Diehard Otis said:

Ummm, I dunno about that.  I went to the ballgame & got seats right at the 50 (lower bowl, upper half: beautiful sight lines).  Many of the folks sitting in my immediate vicinity were Skins Fans.  In fact, I saw clumps of Skins Backers all over that place.  So much so, that it seemed like our side's representation was approaching 40% of the crowd.  I was impressed by the level of support.

I s'pose it's a tomato/to-mah-to thing.

-----------------------------------------------------

And it is The Washington Redskins that have The NFL's most broken Fanbase.

A little perspective is needed here folks.

Well that's a bit of sunshine on a cloudy ES day.....Glad to hear it. 

8 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:

Well that's bit o

Well that's a bit of sunshine on a cloudy ES day.....Glad to hear it. 

Yessir.  If one chills around here too long, such an individual would think this was the worst Franchise in Professional sports period.  And we represented the last 50 of The Team's fans.

Talk about warping your perspective!  Remember, it is The Redskins that are the Mid-Atlantic's most favorite Pro Team..and it ain't even close.

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 0:03 PM, NickyJ said:

Thursday morning, there was little reason to think we're "broken". Friday morning, fans are panicked about Gruden's game-planning skills because we lost a preseason game. For once, I think Yahoo got it right.

i was just thinking that myself actually. before Thursdays game, I thought this article was a load of ****. after redskins fans going crazy about a pre-season loss, I don't think that about the article anymore.

After the blank blank blank disaster, it's no surprise we are the most broken. Although, how did the lowly browns beat us? They lost their team entirely.  They even inked blank blank blank. We snatched their top WR. Ok, only WR.  Maybe it's all because of the expectations we have from having been to the big dance many times.

I keep seeing people mention the Browns and Bills, but the article isn't about the worst teams of the past few decades. 

I get the impression from the few I know and those I observe on social media, that the Browns and Bills fans are not broken at all.  Most appear to have accepted their failures long ago and merely laugh at their own ineptitude.  They still go to games simply for the party.  They still watch the games like they would a blooper reel.  I'd imagine its rare to find fans of those teams that have any belief at all that "this could be the year".

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I keep seeing people mention the Browns and Bills, but the article isn't about the worst teams of the past few decades. 

I get the impression from the few I know and those I observe on social media, that the Browns and Bills fans are not broken at all.  Most appear to have accepted their failures long ago and merely laugh at their own ineptitude.  They still go to games simply for the party.  They still watch the games like they would a blooper reel.  I'd imagine its rare to find fans of those teams that have any belief at all that "this could be the year".

I would say that the acceptance of failure is a great indicator of a broken fan base.  Another is expectation of failure while remaining a fan.

Archived