Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo Sports: Most Broken Fanbase (Guess Whose #1?)

samy316

2 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

From my perspective there is a significant difference between following a mediocre or losing franchise that is owned by a good guy who treats people well and loses like William Clay Ford or Art Rooney for decades and following Dan Snyder's Redskins.  In the former case you hope the good guy wins for once and in the later you think he's getting what he deserves and wondering why the hell you're staying on for the miserable ride karma as tolls out the just deserts.

Nobody is asking you to stay. Nobody cares whether you do or not.

Why you stay is entirely up to you. I don't decide who to root for based on who the owner is. 

Don't forget, Jack Kent Cooke was kind of an asshole, too. Didn't stop anyone from cheering on those Super Bowl wins.

The thing is, nobody is just one thing. Snyder can be a prick, but he has also done a good deal for charity. On his own and through the team. He has also done a lot to help players in the past. Such as letting them use his private jet when they had to fly across the country on an emergency.

I assure you, Mr. Ford and Mr. Rooney have probably had their moments of being pricks and assholes themselves. 

Many times, most likely. :) 

2 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I wasn't talking about all-time, obviously. More looking at this century. I used to get all upset and emotional about their blunders every year... now I just don't care. I'm totally resigned to the fact that we will never experience any sort of long-term success under our current "leadership". I bet I've posted less than 100 times in the Stadium over the last year. Watched the draft but didn't know hardly any of the players whereas I used to read up on that for weeks ahead of time. Hell, I didn't even realize the preseason was starting until the day of and I heard them talking about it on the radio. The Redskins were one of the things I loved most in this world... now it's just whatever. Thanks Dan.

Yup. This is where I am, but worse.

I didn't watch the draft. I have no idea who we picked up other than Pryor, and that's because someone at work told me about it. Maybe 5 posts in the stadium?

I can't listen to/read the sports news because i cannot listen to another conversation about kirk cousins, so I don't know what's going on anymore.

Pretty sure this is the last year i'm going to games, but we'll see. I enjoy going to games even when the team is a clown show.

1 hour ago, SWFLSkins said:

Snyder is the convenient target of the NFL world...........

Bullets fan account @iAintaWizFan  2m2 minutes ago

More

Dawg Jason Taylor deadass said thank u Dan Snyder for letting me steal ya money in his speech ???

Well, Jason Taylor is not wrong.

That worthless turd did steal Snyder's money. He didn't do squat when he was here in Washington.  Now he is getting a gold jacket.

Enjoy it, scumbag.

21 minutes ago, tshile said:

Kind of. I guess.

I spent the entire offseason in the tailgate so...

Winning cures all man, you have to have a thick Skin, pun intended. 

BTW, we got the top FA ILBer, Added a top ten pick at 17 on the DL, Picked up a legit Safety, Joe Barry is gone, there is some room for optimism. 

On 8/4/2017 at 0:06 PM, LetThePointsSoar said:

I don't know about the fan base in general, but personally, I'm about as low and mentally broken as I've ever been on this franchise.  Even the hype of the season starting soon hasn't changed my mind yet. I pray I'm wrong, but I'm mentally preparing for heartbreak over the next 18 months with the debacle leading up into this year .

You are lower right now than when Joe Gibbs called the double timeout gifting the Bills a chip shot field goal win in the Sean Taylor "tribute" game? 

13 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

Well, Jason Taylor is not wrong.

That worthless turd did steal Snyder's money. He didn't do squat when he was here in Washington.  Now he is getting a gold jacket.

Enjoy it, scumbag.

Jeez how is he a scumbag??

he nearly had his leg amputated in 2008 from that calf injury. 

What is wrong with you guys??

1 minute ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Jeez how is he a scumbag??

he nearly had his leg amputated in 2008 from that calf injury. 

What is wrong with you guys??

Hey, if you enjoy being part of the Jason Taylor Fan Club, nobody is telling you not to,

Knock yourself out. :) 

1 hour ago, SkinsGuy said:

Hey, if you enjoy being part of the Jason Taylor Fan Club, nobody is telling you not to,

Knock yourself out. :) 

I think what he's saying is that it's 100% irrational and childish to blame Jason Taylor for our idiot team trading for him (a trade he didn't ask for), overpaying him, and then his injury. The hate you're directing his way should be aimed where it belongs.  

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I think what he's saying is that it's 100% irrational and childish to blame Jason Taylor for our idiot team trading for him (a trade he didn't ask for), overpaying him, and then his injury. The hate you're directing his way should be aimed where it belongs.  

Sorry, not going to piss on the team for something that happened so long ago. 

Certainly not over some ex-Dolphin player. 

3 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Sorry, not going to piss on the team for something that happened so long ago. 

Certainly not over some ex-Dolphin player. 

So you're just going to ignore facts and reason because you prefer to feel the way you feel? Consciously choosing to be irrational...that's not a good quality. 

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

So you're just going to ignore facts and reason because you prefer to feel the way you feel? Consciously choosing to be irrational...that's not a good quality. 

No, it's called being rational.

Crying about **** that happened on this team five years ago, ten years ago, fifteen, twenty years ago isn't rational.

It's over already. Vinny Cerrato made that move. He hasn't been on this team for YEARS.

Get over it already.

5 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

No, it's called being rational.

Crying about **** that happened on this team five years ago, ten years ago, fifteen, twenty years ago isn't rational.

It's over already. Vinny Cerrato made that move. He hasn't been on this team for YEARS.

Get over it already.

Wtf are you saying right now. Look what you said about Jason Taylor...the team actually being the ones to blame is what I said in response to your irrational post, not something I posted out of the blue because I can't get over it. 

Just listen to yourself. You'll justify irrationally hating a guy 10 YEARS after he played here to avoid blaming the team for actions 10 years ago. Thats insane. 

25 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Wtf are you saying right now. Look what you said about Jason Taylor...the team actually being the ones to blame is what I said in response to your irrational post, not something I posted out of the blue because I can't get over it. 

Just listen to yourself. You'll justify irrationally hating a guy 10 YEARS after he played here to avoid blaming the team for actions 10 years ago. Thats insane. 

You just don't get being a fan, do you? Too busy "keeping it real" now, I guess. :ols:

It's why 20-25 years later, I can spend time pissing on Tony Dorrsett (even tough he was a great HoF RB), but not bad mouth George Rogers (who was a disappointment here).

I just won't spend time throwing manure into the window of my own house. Especially 10-20 year old manure. :) 

I have no compulsion to show any respect to Jason Taylor. This is a Redskin board. He's an ex-Dolphin. Who cares? I was only reacting to his words last night. I haven't thought of Jason Taylor in YEARS.

But, like I told Brave, if you want to be a member of the Jason Taylor Fan Club, go for it. 

More power to you. :) 

16 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Without question.  

What about the days of Matthews and Weurfell at Quarterback ?

Zeron Flemister and Robert Royal battling it out at TE compared to the guys we have now ?

Derrius Thompson and Rod Gardner, vs. Terrel Pryor and Jamison Crowder ?

Trung Canidate or Chris Thompson ?

Zorn. or Gruden ?

2009 and '10 vs. 2015, 2016 ?

27 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

You just don't get being a fan, do you? Too busy "keeping it real" now, I guess. :ols:

It's why 20-25 years later, I can spend time pissing on Tony Dorrsett (even tough he was a great HoF RB), but not bad mouth George Rogers (who was a disappointment here).

I just won't spend time throwing manure into the window of my own house. Especially 10-20 year old manure. :) 

I have no compulsion to show any respect to Jason Taylor. This is a Redskin board. He's an ex-Dolphin. Who cares? I was only reacting to his words last night. I haven't thought of Jason Taylor in YEARS.

But, like I told Brave, if you want to be a member of the Jason Taylor Fan Club, go for it. 

More power to you. :) and

Can't imagine my mind working like this, has nothing to do with what type of fan you are. I'm honestly stunned to be confronted with someone who is actually self-aware in their irrational behavior---its something most people are just stuck with, or it's in the moment. Not a thought-out philosophy. I guess that's why we're all different. But I think you're proving the thread title correct lol

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

Can't imagine my mind working like this, has nothing to do with what type of fan you are. I'm honestly stunned to be confronted with someone who is actually self-aware in their irrational behavior---its something most people are just stuck with, or it's in the moment. Not a thought-out philosophy. I guess that's why we're all different. But I think you're proving the thread title correct lol

Well, if the fanbase is "broken", it's been "broken" all of my 50 years. :ols:

But go ahead and keep breaking the rules and attacking me personally if that's all you got.

It shows who is really being irrational. :) 

1 hour ago, SkinsGuy said:

Well, if the fanbase is "broken", it's been "broken" all of my 50 years. :ols:

But go ahead and keep breaking the rules and attacking me personally if that's all you got.

It shows who is really being irrational. :) 

There are no rules being broken here, but I am sorry if I offended you with what I said, for whatever that is worth. 

4 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

What about the days of Matthews and Weurfell at Quarterback ?

Zeron Flemister and Robert Royal battling it out at TE compared to the guys we have now ?

Derrius Thompson and Rod Gardner, vs. Terrel Pryor and Jamison Crowder ?

Trung Canidate or Chris Thompson ?

Zorn. or Gruden ?

2009 and '10 vs. 2015, 2016 ?

I'm not saying I think the TEAM is the worst it's ever been, far from it in fact.  I'm saying that myself personally, I've never felt this negative towards this franchise's leadership organization.  I've bought into the hype machine for nearly 40 years, and watching the debacle this offseason has taken the last inkling of hope I've personally had that we will have true, long term, sustained success during the Snyder tenure.  I just can't fathom it any longer. 

Still gonna cheer, still going to pray I'm wrong.  But well run franchises and businesses don't operate the way we do. It's sad. 

17 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

I'm not saying I think the TEAM is the worst it's ever been, far from it in fact.  I'm saying that myself personally, I've never felt this negative towards this franchise's leadership organization.  

I guess that's what I'm saying, though. As you admit, all things considered ( including the frustration over the Cousins situation ) the product on the field is much better today than it was then.

51 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

I guess that's what I'm saying, though. As you admit, all things considered ( including the frustration over the Cousins situation ) the product on the field is much better today than it was then.

I think we're saying the same thing at this point.  My original comment was just that the article has some merit.  Yes, we have talent leading into this year, but there is a large contingency of the fanbase, including myself, that is so jaded that we're merely waiting for the ball to drop because we've seen this movie before and we are afraid of how it ends. 

On 8/5/2017 at 9:25 PM, SWFLSkins said:

Snyder is the convenient target of the NFL world...........

Bullets fan account @iAintaWizFan  2m2 minutes ago

More

Dawg Jason Taylor deadass said thank u Dan Snyder for letting me steal ya money in his speech ???

I thought that was hilarious.  It wasn't his fault Vinny traded for him and then moved him to linebacker.  

Archived