Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo Sports: Most Broken Fanbase (Guess Whose #1?)

samy316

10 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

The only reason this "might" make sense is the fact that we've had past success.

Other than not, we're not the most broken franchise in the NFL. Even with the McCloughan fiasco and the ridiculousness of Cousins' contract, the team, for the most part, is still in good shape.

Agreed.  Further, (as numerous other posters have noted) our reputation will not change until the results on The Field change - that is, Winning consistently.

I get tired of this stuff, but methinks our suffering of nonsense like this won't last much longer.

Your a Cowboy fan, btw, Redskins have had recent success and the roster is looking good. Nowhere near a not even close or a no. 1, but hey..

Replying to @johnnylocal

Not even close to a Cowboy fan, but hey, if you feel good about the Redskins, good for you.

Replying to @jaybusbee

Everyone can have an opinion Jay, but the Skins were 8-7-1, 9-7 yr. before, no way they are no. 1, the Cowboy bluster tells where you are.

Jay Busbee Retweeted Ashburning

This is a Washington Redskins fan talking about using an online article for TP. Should we tell him to rethink that idea?

Jay Busbee added,

Ashburning @johnnylocal
Replying to @randyd223 @jaybusbee
Obviously a biased view, no way Skins are no. 1 based on recent performance and current talent level. But hey, subjective lists are for TP.
Replying to @randyd223 @johnnylocal

So we should all just give up any national coverage of sports, then? That seems a bit extreme.

Replying to @jaybusbee @johnnylocal

No. Just worthless preseason lists based on the media bubble's narrative.

He calls RG3 a once in a generation talent and Cousins a competent enough replacement. That's a sharp football talent evaluator ??

Replying to @randyd223 @jaybusbee

It's the whole subjective list season right now, anybody with a keyboard and google can sit in pajama's, turn in "Work" without diligence.

1. Replying to @johnnylocal

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

2 replies0 retweets1 like

BTW, I actually looked it up, word is transitioning..........See how work works? //

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/woke-meaning-origin

Replying to @johnnylocal

If I didn't expect to get called on it, I wouldn't have written the article. But you've tweeted at me a dozen times. Good luck this season.

Replying to @jaybusbee

Thanks for that Jay, and I am happy to follow now, I am glad you have some wherewithal. I certainly understand points, but don't agree #1..

Click bait piece.  We are an easy target for all writers.  We get singled out so often because we ARE popular.  It creates clicks which pleases the authors.  There is a madness to their method, and a reason. Whatever.  Let the games begin because my give a damn gave way regarding this, or our projected win total by all prognosticators, Kirk being the most over rated player in the NFL, office dysfunction, Scot, Allen, winning off the field, Blah, blah, blah.  I just want some Redskins hardnose football, regardless of outcome. I don't feel broken or downtrodden at all, just excited! Hail

Honestly I understand it. It's not a powerranking. It is a fan satisfaction index and quite a few of us are less than pleased with the management of the team. 

For example 4-12 3-13 then promising a different direction with a promising GM, getting good results then firing said GM and reverting to previous manager. 

Without reading the piece, I'd say I believe. We are a broken fan base. Almost every fan base believes in its team and gets excited this time of year. We call optimistic fans homers and mean it as an insult. We are cynical. Too many of us are guarded, scared, and unnecessarily negative.

The only thing I will say in our favor is that we're still here.

But yeah, I think as a whole there is something broken in our fanbase. We're like survivals of some horrible natural disaster, stumbling around in shock, and leaning each other while jumping at every noise.

I don't know about the fan base in general, but personally, I'm about as low and mentally broken as I've ever been on this franchise.  Even the hype of the season starting soon hasn't changed my mind yet. I pray I'm wrong, but I'm mentally preparing for heartbreak over the next 18 months with the debacle leading up into this year .

4 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

I don't know about the fan base in general, but personally, I'm about as low and mentally broken as I've ever been on this franchise.  Even the hype of the season starting soon hasn't changed my mind yet. I pray I'm wrong, but I'm mentally preparing for heartbreak over the next 18 months with the debacle leading up into this year .

I've never seen so many fans chastise others for being positive or angrily berating them for being "part of the problem" when they support their team. Saw this a lot after we had the good draft.

(Note: I don't think you are one of those people and I'm not calling you one of those people. Your post just made me think of all the times I read fans attacking fans.)

You are going to force me to click on that?  Broken, how? Like the Pittsburgh fanbase in July/August 1972? 6 winning seasons and only 1 playoff appearance over a 39 year period. Like the Cowboy fanbase at in August 1991?  Had not had a winning season since 1985. 

Now it is true that in a way seasons like last year are more painful to me than a season like 2014 but mostly because I can readily point to missing the playoffs at an extremely thin margin.  Against Dallas (first game), what if Kirk had hit Doctson in stride or we get some of the 15 points we left in the red zone? Against Detroit, what if Matt Jones doesn't fumble or Dustin Hopkins doesn't miss on his 45 yard attempt. Cincinnati?  Dallas 2, left 14 points on the field but only lost by 5. In the second game against the Giants, the Giants WR takes Norman's head off to prevent what likely would have been a pick 6 leading to a 10 point turn around.

DON'T CLICK ON THE LINK!    DON'T CLICK ON THE LINK!   DON'T CLICK ON THE LINK!    DON'T CLICK ON THE LINK! 

I saw this yesterday and was really, really, really, REALLY hoping us fans would be able to resist posting such obvious garbage on here and giving it undeserved clicks. 

We aren't number 1, the team is trending upward, the idiot uses RG3 and seriously suggest Bruce was saying Kurt (it's his accent, if you think otherwise, that it was intentional, you are an IDIOT) and at the start says Cowboys are with Pats as a top team. Ummm, half their roster is under arrest lol ! This is article is NOT worth a read, at all. It's so bad that all it will do is anger you at how ****ing stupid it is.

Seriously, can we as fans PLEASE stop posting such crappy ****? Clowns like this don't deserve the attention you're giving them. Let them die in obscurity. 

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

The fanbase is broken. Our home games are half filled with opposing fans...in SEPTEMBER. People don't really care anymore.

What games are half filled by opposing fans?  Been to a lot of games and never have seen more than 30% or so. Thing that bothers me is how quickly our fans give up.  Our fans sitting on their hands as early as Q2 and I guess is a good sign we are a bit downtrodden.  Another thing, but it seems a bit of a league wide issue, is the large proportion of people at football games only there for the event.  I've been to many games at both RFK and FedEx and as far as pure game day experience, RFK sucked.  If I wasn't a Redskins fan, I'd have never gone.  Again, this seems to be a league-wide problem.  Last night, I watched the 1991 game at old Texas Stadium and there were only a smattering of 'Skins fans and no one who didn't have a dog in the fight.  If sounded like a college game!  The last game I went to in the old stadium (2004), I'd say about 25-30 percent of us were Redskins fans (probably mixing in Joe Gibbs fans here) while another 20% or so didn't even have a real dog in the fight.  Saw the last game at the old stadium,  it was a homecoming game of sorts and that stadium was relatively quiet and I am not talking about just the last 5 minutes!

Archived