Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Redskins Players who protested during the National Anthem. Are any still on the roster?

Saw the comment from Mara on how Kaepernick became an "emotional Issue" with people writing the FO warning them they would cancel season tickets if their team followed suit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2016/09/25/desean-jackson-and-three-other-redskins-raise-fists-during-national-anthem/?utm_term=.74fee853f3f1

I know Jackson is gone...how about Paul, Ross and Toler? I Wonder if this had any bearing on not keeping Jackson?

I haven't lived in DC for quite awhile...would Skins fans boycott the team if Kaepernick were signed? If another Skins player did the same? I know I would but I'm not sure I'd be mainstream on this?

Hope *I* can watch games without this BS going on...

Only Paul is still on the roster, though I doubt it had any real effect on keeping Jackson. The team seemed to make a fairly aggressive move to keep him. Just did not happen.

Toler and Ross were on the edge of the roster anyway, so the fact neither is currently here really isn't shocking

I hope that's not the reason guys aren't on the team. I think certain fans have more of an issue with it than the actual teams. It was a protest, a peaceful one at that. 

I can understand if they were shooting people, burning crosses or hanging folks but for that much commotion to come from dudes not standing seemed a bit over dramatic. 

Just a ****ty situation all around.

Umm Yeah. It's so freakin in vogue to spit in the face of the country that gives you the freedom to do so. Give me a few more Pat Tillmans and a few less super cool Kaepernicks. Can we make a thread about temper tantrums and holding your breath if you disagree about a call?

DeSean Jackson wanted money. Niles Paul has spent about a third of his career on IR. Rashard Ross was one of ES' receiver fan crushes who only had to stand above 6 feet tall to get a cult following. Greg Toler was one of our DBs who wasn't named Josh Norman - in other words, worthless.

Why are people so desperate to dig up drama? McCloughan got fired with awful timing, Bruce Allen is still hated, people are still complaining that we haven't acquired a future hall of fame nose tackle, and every once in a while a few yuppies in the media bang on the Name Change drum. Is that not enough?

5 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Why are people so desperate to dig up drama? McCloughan got fired with awful timing, Bruce Allen is still hated, people are still complaining that we haven't acquired a future hall of fame nose tackle, and every once in a while a few yuppies in the media bang on the Name Change drum. Is that not enough?

(place social/political daggers in the room) "im just going to leave these here"....

Watch a whole lot of tip toe'ing through the tulips/banging on drums.

8 hours ago, MartinC said:

I'm going to let this thread run a little. But lets make sure we keep any politics out of this - if you want to get into that aspect take it to the Tailgate.

So then its basically just a thread about whether certain players are still on the team or not. Maybe it can be merged with the depth chart thread?

3 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

So then its basically just a thread about whether certain players are still on the team or not. Maybe it can be merged with the depth chart thread?

Pretty much. If you folks want to get into the politics behind the protests that needs to go to the Tailgate. Like I said I will let this run 'a little' but if it peters out then I will either merge it or just close it.

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 1:22 PM, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

would Skins fans boycott the team if Kaepernick were signed? If another Skins player did the same? I know I would but I'm not sure I'd be mainstream on this?

Hope *I* can watch games without this BS going on...

You would not be mainstream on this. By any stretch.

One, it's not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things.

Two, if the team wins a player could ****slap a bald eagle and fans would still support them.

13 hours ago, Dan T. said:

You would not be mainstream on this. By any stretch.

If the team wins a player could ****slap a bald eagle and fans would still support them.

A female bald eagle of a slightly darker shade even. :rofl89:

Do people really care about this? All the things to be outraged about and make folks type slightly harder on their keyboards, and there's a hell of a lot, this has got to be bottom of the barrel.

Archived