Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

41 minutes ago, The 12th Commandment said:

What gets me is that plenty of black people have undoubtedly told her how they feel about it and not one has echoed her views.  It's so disgustingly arrogant and patronizing that she feels compelled to share her take anyway.

She's lying her ass off.  And she knows it.  

And her supporters know it.  And approve of it.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Ron DeSantis’ use of government power to implement agenda worries some conservatives

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has made freedom his calling card, but some conservatives have become skeptical of how liberally the Republican leader is using government power to impose his will.

Among GOP donors, leading conservative voices and even some supporters, there is a growing concern that DeSantis has overstepped in his fight against “wokeness” as he seeks to shore up conservative support ahead of a highly anticipated 2024 campaign for president. Several potential rivals for the GOP nomination have seized on DeSantis’ brash approach and top-heavy governing style to draw sharp contrasts with the popular Republican.

As Florida state lawmakers met earlier this month to hand DeSantis new authority over Disney World – punishment for the company’s opposition to a measure restricting certain classroom instruction about sexual orientation and gender identity – Republican Gov. Chris Sununu of New Hampshire took a shot at the power grab.

“I’m a principled free-market conservative,” said Sununu, who is also weighing a bid for president. “For others out there that think that the government should be penalizing your business because they disagree with you politically, that isn’t very conservative.”

Click on the link for the full article

On 2/17/2023 at 12:17 PM, Bang said:

Y'all need to smoke a joint and pet the dog.

~Bong

*SNORT*🤣🤣 🤣Literally my reaction.

On 2/17/2023 at 2:13 PM, Dan T. said:

So we have another new Member of the House who has lied about his background.  Andy Ogles, a republican from Tennessee, has claimed that

- he's an economist.  Nope.

- was a member of law enforcement who worked on human sex trafficking. Nope.

When his profile as a new Member of Congress grew as he joined extreme right wingers opposing Kevin McCarthy, local Nashville Newschannel5 WTVF did a little digging into his background. His repeated claims are wild exaggerations at best, and more like outright lies.

Economist, cop, sex crimes expert? The stories of Congressman Andy Ogles (newschannel5.com)

None of that matters. The Roy Moore election established what it takes for these people to either vote for a Dem or, more likely, just stay home. Lying about your background, including cross dressing, doesn't even move the needle. You have to be a proven pedo to just barely lose to a Dem.

Except he was lying when he said he was a liar so, he's NOT a liar.

Edited by The Sisko

8 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

They say liberals  /democrats don’t love America and want to change it, yet they are the ones suggesting we split up America. I’m not violent and over the years I have gained empathy for people, but if I saw their brains splattered on live tv, i think I would laugh. 

Bingo!  At some point the GOP turned into some violent reactionary party more interested in being reactionary than actually working to solve the issues in America.  I suspect its because they are in total denial about the issues Americans care about.  

Primarily what people worry about are jobs, education, health care and housing.  

Yet the GOP is constantly focussing on this red meat "America sucks, make it great again" of attacking segments of the country.  Anti woke is the pc term for being racist.  Borders the pc term for being anti-immigrant.  Breaking up the country the pc term for facist authoritarian.  What shocks me is how long will this go on?  Today's GOP party has taken such a negative turn over the last 10 to 15 years.  And they brainwash themselves to actually not be a part of the solution.  A serious immigration reform effort would get kneecapped due to GOP rhetoric towards their base (thanks Fox Newa).  They don't even pretend to bring liberals on anymore and promote compromise.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

JUNEAU - Wasilla Republican Rep. David Eastman sparked outrage online after asking whether there could be economic benefits from the death of abused children. 

Eastman asked a series of questions during a Monday House Judiciary Committee hearing on adverse childhood experiences — such as physical and sexual abuse on children or growing up in a household marred by domestic violence — and how they can negatively affect a person throughout their lives. 

As part of the presentation, documents given to legislators estimated that when child abuse is fatal, it could cost the family and broader society $1.5 million in terms of trauma and what the child could potentially have earned over their lifetime. 

Eastman said that he had heard an argument, on occasion, that when child abuse is fatal, it could economically benefit a society. 

“It can be argued, periodically, that it’s actually a cost savings because that child is not going to need any of those government services that they might otherwise be entitled to receive and need based on growing up in this type of environment,” he said. 

• Confused 1