Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

1 hour ago, China said:

I love how in almost every circumstance, Trump goes in circles of increasing absurdity to pretend he didn't do something he clearly did...before finally just straight up admitting it and saying that it's no big deal.

Edited by mistertim
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Christians could sue people who call them homophobic if this GOP bill passes

A Florida Republican introduced a bill that would make it easier for religious people to sue those who call them out as homophobic or transphobic, a bill built on a suggestion from Gov. Ron DeSantis (R).  

State Rep. Alex Andrade (R) filed H.B. 991 on Tuesday. The bill would make it easier to sue journalists, publications, or social media users for defamation if they accuse someone of racism, sexism, homophobia, or transphobia. The bill specifically says that publications can’t use truth as a defense when it comes to reporting on people’s anti-LGBTQ+ sentiments by citing the person’s “constitutionally protected religious expression or beliefs” or “a plaintiff’s scientific beliefs.”

Click on the link for the full article

"can’t use truth as a defense "

So the GOP wants to outlaw the truth.  That sound about par for the course.

Karma is sweet:

GOP Ex-Sen. Inhofe Retired Due To Long COVID After Opposing COVID Aid

Former Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.) attributed his decision to retire due to the long-term effects of COVID-19, telling local newspaper Tulsa World that certain symptoms were still affecting him day-to-day.

Inhofe voted against multiple coronavirus aid packages meant to help Americans at the height of the pandemic, including the Families First Coronavirus Response Act approved overwhelmingly by 90 senators in March 2020, and the American Rescue Plan in March 2021.

The 88-year-old did not say which symptoms he was dealing with. But he suggested he was in good company, alleging that other elected representatives in Congress are also struggling with long COVID behind the scenes.

“Five or six others have (long COVID), but I’m the only one who admits it,” Inhofe told Tulsa World.

2 hours ago, Larry said:

Well, that must suck finding out a governor from another state shipped something to your state without letting you know ahead of time, huh?...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, China said:

Don't forget the expired Goya beans:

200715-trump-goya-ap-773.jpg

Botulism for everyone!

i used to buy a LOT of Goya products... and have not bought a single item since that day.   doing my part to advance cancel culture in the small ways that i can,.... 

• Thumb up 1

25 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Trump edition:

image.png.0dd49577942b169342822ad059695e6f.png

I feel like that's a good overall summary, but that there are so many crimes that some are missing.  Looking online, I've found several lists, and they're all different with various crimes not listed (like you don't often hear about the retaliation lawsuits from Vindman and Cohen, or the assault at Trump Tower lawsuit).  And I think he's got so many crimes that minor ones don't even make the cut such as 18 U.S. Code § 713 which they don't bother even pretending to try and enforce.

3 hours ago, China said:

I feel like that's a good overall summary, but that there are so many crimes that some are missing.  Looking online, I've found several lists, and they're all different with various crimes not listed (like you don't often hear about the retaliation lawsuits from Vindman and Cohen, or the assault at Trump Tower lawsuit).  And I think he's got so many crimes that minor ones don't even make the cut such as 18 U.S. Code § 713 which they don't bother even pretending to try and enforce.

Those are for the bonus round lol...

• Like 1

GOP Leader Threatens DirecTV: Bring Back Newsmax—‘Or Else’

Issuing an unvarnished threat to DirecTV on Friday, House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer (R-KY) claimed he told the pay-TV provider to quickly bring pro-Trump channel Newsmax back to its lineup—“or else.”

Comer’s unsubtle attempt at government interference comes less than a month after he promised to investigate DirecTV for dropping the conservative network last month. While Newsmax and its Republican allies have relentlessly accused the satellite carrier of “political discrimination” by “censoring” right-wing speech, DirecTV has said the channel is peddling “false claims” over a standard business dispute stemming from Newsmax’s demands for increased license fees.

In response DirecTV should drop Fox News, citing the defamation lawsuits with Dominion and Smartmatic.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

3 minutes ago, China said:

GOP Leader Threatens DirecTV: Bring Back Newsmax—‘Or Else’

Issuing an unvarnished threat to DirecTV on Friday, House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer (R-KY) claimed he told the pay-TV provider to quickly bring pro-Trump channel Newsmax back to its lineup—“or else.”

Comer’s unsubtle attempt at government interference comes less than a month after he promised to investigate DirecTV for dropping the conservative network last month. While Newsmax and its Republican allies have relentlessly accused the satellite carrier of “political discrimination” by “censoring” right-wing speech, DirecTV has said the channel is peddling “false claims” over a standard business dispute stemming from Newsmax’s demands for increased license fees.

In response DirecTV should drop Fox News, citing the defamation lawsuits with Dominion and Smartmatic.

Don't worry!  I'm sure Gym Jordan's "weaponization of the government" committee will be all over this.

• Like 2