Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

So what is not triggering these dogs now then if it's legal at home and people are going to the airport?

They are triggering, especially police dogs.  And it is providing probable cause to search to cops that don't really "deserve" it because it is still technically illegal at the federal level.  That is probably a good discussion for the cop thread though.  How police drug dogs *usage* are abused to give cops cause to search that shouldn't be legal.

And again, I don't think @tshilewas saying it is an unsolvable problem or a reason to keep pot illegal.  He was just saying it is a problem.

Edited by TheGreatBuzz
Edited for clarity

2 hours ago, GhostofSparta said:

Sorry man, I'm not going to be swayed by "We can't legalize weed, think of the Sunk Cost Fallacy!"

You need to improve your reading comprehension skills. 

i specifically said it’s not a reason to not fix our drug laws. I’ve advocated a ton for legalization of everything. 

Maybe work with what people actually say instead of making it up for them, then trying to argue against them. 

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I don't know if people here are being intentionally ignorant or what but all he said was its a real problem.  He didn't say it was one that justified keeping pot illegal.

Some of it is intentional, some of it is just personal limitation. 

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

How "while" of you. 😁

It's a dumb argument though about the dogs. 

if you showed a grasp of what was actually said maybe this would work but….

1 minute ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Ya know what someone isn't an expert in? Clear and concise messages. 

Ya literally said you've advocated for the legalization of everything. So you're cool with murder and pedophilia being legal. Bold stance to take. 🤣

this is the intentional stupidity. We’re clearly talking about drugs and drug sniffing dogs. 

It’s a wonder some of you function in real life

• Haha 1

So we have another new Member of the House who has lied about his background.  Andy Ogles, a republican from Tennessee, has claimed that

- he's an economist.  Nope.

- was a member of law enforcement who worked on human sex trafficking. Nope.

When his profile as a new Member of Congress grew as he joined extreme right wingers opposing Kevin McCarthy, local Nashville Newschannel5 WTVF did a little digging into his background. His repeated claims are wild exaggerations at best, and more like outright lies.

Economist, cop, sex crimes expert? The stories of Congressman Andy Ogles (newschannel5.com)

At this point, I think a deep dive on all of the GOP backgrounds is warranted. 

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

A libertarian is just a Republican who paid for his girlfriend’s abortion. 

So it's not a 12yo silently masturbating to Ayn Rand? 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1