Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

At CPAC, ā€˜illnessā€™ and ā€˜deathā€™ from COVID-19 are risks conservative attendees must assume: waiver

Ā 

Laughing in the face of COVID-19 has been sport during pandemic-era stagings of the annual Conservative Political Action Conference and its regional offshoots.

"Thousands of patriots and not aĀ damn mask in sight,ā€ Republican U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas beamed at CPAC Orlando in 2022. He cast vaccine and mask mandates as ā€œa battle between power and liberty.ā€

Then-White House Acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney in February 2020 depicted COVID-19 as a prosaic flu erroneously hyped by the media as something thatĀ "brings down the president"ā€” then Donald Trump.

And in March 2020, CPAC leader Matt SchlappĀ told Fox NewsĀ of the novel coronavirus: ā€œ[W]hat the CPAC experience has taught the whole country ... is that it's actually hard to get it."

But as CPACā€™s flagship event returns in March to Marylandā€™s Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center just outside Washington, D.C. ā€” the same hotel where a VIP attendeeĀ triggeredĀ one of the nationā€™s earliest COVID-19 scares ā€” conference organizers are quietly expressing a level of COVID-19 trepidation attendees almost certainly wonā€™t see on-stage.
"COVID-19 has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization,ā€ reads the "WAIVER OF LIABILITYĀ FOR COVID-19 IN ATTENDING CPAC EVENTSā€ posted on CPACā€™s website.

Several sobering paragraphs follow: ā€œCOVID-19 is reported to be extremely contagious. The state of medical knowledge is evolving, but the virus is believed to spread from person-to-person contact and/or by contact with contaminated surfaces and objects, and even possibly in the air. ā€¦ COVID-19 can cause serious and potentially life-threatening illness and even deathā€

Ā 

https://www.rawstory.com/cpac-2023/

• Haha 2

How will these dogs pay their bills?
Creating welfare mutts!

Ā 

Seriously, this is when i think it would be perfectly reasonable for the chairperson to walk over and bean that useless mother****er right upside the head with the gavel.
Ā 

~Bam!

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

If you havenā€™t spent any time on the topic of k9s and the legalization of marijuana, I recommend it. Itā€™s interesting.Ā 
Ā 

And it is a big deal. Obviously itā€™s not as big as some other issues but itā€™s a big deal. Those dogs and trainers cost money and are not easily replaced in terms of timeline.Ā 
Ā 

Virginia managed to sell theirs to other states where itā€™s still illegal and I got a chuckle out of that method of dealing with it.Ā 

1 hour ago, CobraCommander said:

Retrain the dogs to sniff out the guns prevalent in our childrenā€™s schools.

They canā€™t be retrained. Thatā€™s the problemĀ 

28 minutes ago, tshile said:

If you havenā€™t spent any time on the topic of k9s and the legalization of marijuana, I recommend it. Itā€™s interesting.Ā 
Ā 

And it is a big deal. Obviously itā€™s not as big as some other issues but itā€™s a big deal. Those dogs and trainers cost money and are not easily replaced in terms of timeline.Ā 
Ā 

Virginia managed to sell theirs to other states where itā€™s still illegal and I got a chuckle out of that method of dealing with it.Ā 

Why not? Who is saying they canā€™t be retrained? Also how long does a drug sniffing dog stay in service? Itā€™s not like you trained it for 30 years of service.Ā 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Why not? Who is saying they canā€™t be retrained? Also how long does a drug sniffing dog stay in service? Itā€™s not like you trained it for 30 years of service.Ā 

Ā 

I haven't read even one sentence on the topic lol...but I'm confused as to what the issue is. On the surface it kinda sounds like "We need to keep marijuana illegal for the sake of those poor drug-sniffing dogs," which can't be right lol...

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Not sure I understand why its such a big deal. They can be used to sniff out reefer in the elementary/middle/high schools. Or at the border.

How many we talking about here? What's the cost to retire-train-rehire these mutts? And the handlers can be retrained to work without their dogs.Ā 

57 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

The people who train the dogs, say they cannot be retrained.Ā 

Ā 

you canā€™t be in court allowing the defense to argue your reason for probable cause is bogus becsuse the dog was originally trained on marijuana. Thereā€™s different temperaments required for different jobs so simply retraining just doesnā€™t really work.Ā 
Ā 

I think 3-5 years but it would depend on the job.Ā 

but they are trained with their handlers. You go to k9 school, you get your dog. Thatā€™s your dog. Thereā€™s a whole process there and you canā€™t just flip a switch and replace all your dogs.Ā 
Ā 

now they sold all the ones in my county almost immediately because thatā€™s about all you can do with them, and even though the law wasnā€™t in effect yet there was zero reason to use those dogs anymore. Enforcement effectively stopped. But there was a backlog and shortage of K-9 units.Ā 
Ā 

im not trying to act like this is some insurmountable problem that cannot be overcome. Iā€™m just pointing out itā€™s a real problem and it does need to be resolved as part of the process (but no I wouldnā€™t argue to stop the proves because of it thatā€™s dumb)

Ā 

Edited by tshile
  • Haha 1