Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

And here I thought Republicans didn’t believe in impeachment… that a sitting President has a right to champion their mandate and that voters should decide in an election.

I just remember them explicitly saying that…. that’s all I’m saying.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

They're working to prop up the myth that Trump's impeachments were simply abuse of Congress. 

By committing abuse of Congress. 

And then claiming that what they actually did, proves that somebody else did it. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 4

"Bribery" that allegedly happened in 2015, was brought to light when Trump was President, was investigated by the Senate who reported out on it in 2020 and was brought up as an issue in the 2020 debates. 

It's all the same accusations over and over again.   It's the same BS.  There's no evidence of anything improper happening.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

Now, maybe if they uncovered some evidence.  Say, a "transcript", written and published by Biden, in which he literally states that he personally solicited a campaign contribution from the head of a foreign government.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Now, maybe if they uncovered some evidence.  Say, a "transcript", written and published by Biden, in which he literally states that he personally solicited a campaign contribution from the head of a foreign government.  

If it existed, it would have been found already.

Like everything else the Fascists put forward, it's bogus.

• Thumb up 2

The impeachment thing seems weird to me— the Democrat-run senate would set all of the rules in the hearing and they can turn it into a complete spectacle to tear apart the “evidence.” They’d essentially do the exact opposite of what the republican-led senate did for TFG in burying his impeachment as quickly as possible.

Its not a winning strategy for winning over middling voters.

• Like 4

Tommy Tuberville, who is holding up all those military promotions, often talks about his military dad... that he lied about his age to enlist at age 16, that he was a tank commander in WWII, that he earned five Bronze Stars, and that he drove a tank through Paris on the day U.S. forces liberated the city.

All false.

Tuberville’s tales about his father in World War II have false elements - The Washington Post

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Dan T. said:

Tommy Tuberville, who is holding up all those military promotions, often talks about his military dad... that he lied about his age to enlist at age 16, that he was a tank commander in WWII, that he earned five Bronze Stars, and that he drove a tank through Paris on the day U.S. forces liberated the city.

All false.

Tuberville’s tales about his father in World War II have false elements - The Washington Post

Eh...I accepted most of the stories my parents and grand parents told me about their life without much skepticism and have re-told them as fact many times.  I suspect most of us do.  Sounds like Tuberville's dad could spin a tale when he wanted to.  I'd say he sounded like an interesting guy, except for the obvious fact he raised a piece of ****.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Eh...I accepted most of the stories my parents and grand parents told me about their life without much skepticism and have re-told them as fact many times.  I suspect most of us do.  Sounds like Tuberville's dad could spin a tale when he wanted to.  I'd say he sounded like an interesting guy, except for the obvious fact he raised a piece of ****.

Are you a U.S. Senator holding up military promotions? If so, you might want to get your family's military stories straight before retelling them on national cable news.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

My dad never talked about what he did during WWII the Big One. I do know he served in Norman OK at the air traffic control school that was first run by the Army and that's where he learned his profession. My mom told me other things. He enlisted in the Merchant Marine because he thought it would get him out of combat. When he found out that a lot of ships were torpedoed by the U boats, he begged my grandfather (the alderman) to get him out of the Merchant Marine and into the Army. Apparently he landed this soft spot in Norman OK and I guess he served there the rest of the time. 

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Are you a U.S. Senator holding up military promotions? If so, you might want to get your family's military stories straight before retelling them on national cable news.

I agree.  But in the realm of "things that make Tuberville a complete piece of ****", not being skeptical enough of his dads stories prior to yapping about it on TV is pretty minor and, frankly, pretty understandable.

1 hour ago, Jabbyrwock said:

I agree.  But in the realm of "things that make Tuberville a complete piece of ****", not being skeptical enough of his dads stories prior to yapping about it on TV is pretty minor and, frankly, pretty understandable.

I somewhat agree with you.  And the Post Fact-Check article is prefaced by crediting his father's sacrifice and service and acknowledging that Tuberville was likely passing along family lore. 

But when you are a U.S. Senator serving on both the Armed Services Committee and the Veterans' Affairs Committee and you're positioning yourself as a one-man roadblock to the promotion of hundreds of U.S. military officers, you might want to get those stories straight. 

That's what a smart person would do anyway...

Edited by Dan T.
  • Thumb up 2