Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

4 hours ago, China said:

Dem Strategist Rips Republicans With Reason For Their ‘Very Low-Quality Candidates’

Longtime Democratic political consultant James Carville pulled no punches with his searing assessment of the GOP field of those he described as “very low-quality candidates” in the 2022 midterm elections.

“They have a lot of stupid people that vote in their primaries. They really do. I’m not really supposed to say that but it’s obvious fact. And you know, when stupid people vote, you know who they nominate? Other stupid people,” Carville said of Republicans on Tuesday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “The 11th Hour.”

Carville’s comments came during a discussion with anchor Ayman Mohyeldin about the fresh controversy surrounding former football star and Georgia GOP U.S. Senate candidate Herschel Walker, who this week was accused of paying for an abortion for a then-girlfriend in 2009. Walker is running a staunch “pro-life” campaign.

Click on the link for the full article

Haha! I've been saying this for years, don't know why he's being called out as brave for doing this. These people have no shame in their stupidity, they used to, but now they wear it as a badge of honor. The dumber they are, the shinier the badge. You don't even have to call them out, just mention stupidity and list some of the characteristics that these people have and they will out themselves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

The apparent fact (ES lawyers, please correct me if I'm wrong) that the only way a SCOTUS justice can be recused from a case is if they recuse themselves, is absolutely insane to me. There should be some sort of independent mechanism for determining if a justice would have a likely conflict of interest in a case and that would have the power to remove one of them from ruling on it.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

46 minutes ago, mistertim said:

The apparent fact (ES lawyers, please correct me if I'm wrong) that the only way a SCOTUS justice can be recused from a case is if they recuse themselves, is absolutely insane to me. There should be some sort of independent mechanism for determining if a justice would have a likely conflict of interest in a case and that would have the power to remove one of them from ruling on it.

I thought that was true for all judges. One side can formerly ask but it’s still that judges decision. 

But I believe it can be used on appeal which is the motivation for a judge to recuse themselves (if professional responsibility isn’t enough.) 

But yeah no appeal to SCOTUS

• Like 1

Rival calls incendiary ad by Kentucky Sen. Paul 'dangerous'

Republican U.S. Sen. Rand Paul was the victim of a violent attack in 2017 when his neighbor slammed into him from behind outside his Kentucky home. Earlier that year, Paul took cover when a gunman opened fire while GOP members of Congress practiced for a charity baseball game.

Paul revived those traumatic events in his bid for reelection this year, with an incendiary social media video attacking his Democratic challenger, Charles Booker. The video, released Monday shortly before a Senate campaign forum he declined to take part in, says outright that Booker "doesn’t believe in civil discourse, only violence.” It accuses the Black former state lawmaker of associating with members of the “radical left” who condone and perpetrate violence.

Booker denounced the ad, saying it includes “dangerous and dishonest rhetoric.”

“His ad grossly lies about me and, in a very sinister way, attacks several Kentucky citizens by name," Booker said Tuesday. “Neither I, nor my campaign, have ever endorsed violence against any political candidate. It is despicable for Rand Paul to even insinuate that. As an elected official and candidate, my family and I have received death threats — this is not something I take lightly because I understand the issue intimately."

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

Legit had a guy make a comment about how kids are getting fentanyl "mixed with skittles and nerds, so watch out for that" in a meeting yesterday and no one in the room even humored him. They all looked at him like he was sick. I was so proud of the room lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, Dan T. said:

I don't know why this is so hard to believe. It's a perfectly logical path to riches for an illegal immigrant. 

Leave a situation of poverty and destitution

Risk your life crossing the border into the US

Get a borderline slave wage job as an undocumented worker

Save up money for years

Spend it all on fentanyl

Give the fentanyl away for free to stop Biden

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

44 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I don't know why this is so hard to believe. It's a perfectly logical path to riches for an illegal immigrant. 

Leave a situation of poverty and destitution

Risk your life crossing the border into the US

Get a borderline slave wage job as an undocumented worker

Save up money for years

Spend it all on fentanyl

Give the fentanyl away for free to stop Biden

That’s how I’d do it…

The One Where Estelle Dies Episode 15 GIF by Friends

• Haha 3