Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BREAKING: Trump fires FBI Director James Comey

No Excuses

29 minutes ago, AJ* said:

I'm questioning how in the hell this kind of information could get leaked? If Trump has such a tight circle he would have to know right off who's talking to the press since only a handful of people would probably know exactly what he said. 

I think it's always more people than we think with access to this info.

btw, i have it 50-50 that if it gets bad enough but still short of an ending, that don would try firing mueller and just try going full out strongman...and to go further (and this thinking goes back to January) it's no great leap to me to envision don trying a premise-argued (easy to see what it would look like) semi-coup, actually have support from his full cabinet, veep, even the gens minus mattis, and half the gop and 100% of his base...not drinking the tin foil for real lol, just talking about being in a deal where not only is "anything is possible" fair to use, but where this isn't all that far out there given what we've seen to date, the basic state today of general liberal/conservative divisiveness and hostility, and even the current/recent geopolitical nature of the world...

but it looks like a great weekend ahead, so don't worry about what-ifs

:drooley::P

29 minutes ago, AJ* said:

I'm questioning how in the hell this kind of information could get leaked?

Lots of people are needed to make things work. They see how Trump treats people. He contradicts them (I assume because he's stupid), and scapegoats them when it becomes advantageous to do so.

You treat people like ****, or convince them you're certifiably stupid, they don't have your back. Do it to the level Trump does, and they can easily justify going on the offensive (protect themselves, hell at this point it's believable to think they honestly think it's in the best interest of the country...)

6 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

it's no great leap to me to envision don trying a premise-argued (easy to see what it would look like) semi-coup,

No need to envision what it would look like, you can see it forming already

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/do-high-level-leaks-suggest-a-conspiracy/

Though they seem to have rejected your term of semi-coup for "Soft coup" 

12 minutes ago, tshile said:

Lots of people are needed to make things work. They see how Trump treats people. He contradicts them (I assume because he's stupid), and scapegoats them when it becomes advantageous to do so.

You treat people like ****, or convince them you're certifiably stupid, they don't have your back. Do it to the level Trump does, and they can easily justify going on the offensive (protect themselves, hell at this point it's believable to think they honestly think it's in the best interest of the country...)

Yup. What goes around comes around, biotch. Trump has never had to worry about that before in the private sector. He's always been able to bully, intimidate, and otherwise treat people like **** without fear of any sort of repercussions. Trump is probably so far along in the psychopathy spectrum that he literally can't fathom what is wrong with treating people the way he does, let alone correct it or reflect on it. He won't ever change. IMO he CAN'T ever change.

55 minutes ago, AJ* said:

I'm questioning how in the hell this kind of information could get leaked? If Trump has such a tight circle he would have to know right off who's talking to the press since only a handful of people would probably know exactly what he said. 

I don't think it's a tight circle. I think there are three adversarial camps. There's the Bannon camp, the Priebus camp, and the (for lack of a better term) professional White House staffer camp. The pros certainly hate what's going on and recognize all the difficulties and mess being made. I'm sure, these professional bureaucrats, some of whom out last a President by many, many years are used to working around a President's peccadilloes, but even though every new boss presents difficulties, I'm sure Trump is uniquely frustrating. Add to that the fact that Bannon camp keeps trying to backstab the Priebus camp and vice versa, you have a wonderfully toxic atmosphere where many people distrust each other and really dislike each other.

The optics of all this are so so terrible. Dissing your own law enforcement officials to a hostile foreign power behind closed doors.

I remember when Fox News was freaking out about Obama chewing gum while saluting or something. I bet they are secretly pissed that all this drama isn't unfolding for a liberal politician.

Fox News would be having a ****ing party if Hillary and her campaign were under criminal investigation by the FBI for collusion with a hostile foreign government.

1 minute ago, tshile said:

Basically the WaPo has heard from a source that the Russia investigation has labeled someone *currently* in the Whitehouse as a person of significant interest, and says it is someone very close to trump.

this cold be a fun board game ala Clue...we need cartoon cards of kellyanne, jared, bannon, jeff, etc.

imma say it was kushner in the parking garage with the property titles

29 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

This is just a straight up dumpster fire at this point. No way this dude finishes his full term.

D6PZTR.gif

I will note that, when they showed Blazing Saddles on network TV, they left the "n-word" in the movie, but the censors trimmed this scene out.  I assume because of Harvey Korman's lip movements.  

36 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Imagine what he could do with his impeachment!

Give me all your money and I will literally Buy America!  Then I will be able to make the best deals for everyone!

P.S.  if anyone is wondering how leakers happen, it's because Trump has no real friends.

Well, except maybe Roger Stone.

3 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Every day like clockwork... 

-WaPo reports that the Russian probe has reached the point where at least one WH official is a serious person of interest. Taking bets... Bannon?

Kushner. Already confirmed he was at one of those Russian meetings with Flynn. Would also explain why he pushed for Comney.to be fired and why he wanted to "counterattack" on the special counsel appointment. 

Archived