Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BREAKING: Trump fires FBI Director James Comey

No Excuses

40 minutes ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

I'm wondering what twa, Redskinsmange and others would've been saying about Deep Throat/Mark Felt 45 years ago. 

It was a interesting time watching.

I will be forever grateful Nixon ended my chance to go to Vietnam though. 

11 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I just can't remember another circumstance where another politician was this clueless and inept. In one week we have Trump firing the CIA director investigating his campaign team, learning that Trump also tried to influence said FBI director into closing a separate investigation, and then willingly divulging highly classified information to a foreign government. Any one of these things is a political nightmare, and this tangerine douchebag has done all 3 in quick succession!

I would say "carelessly".  From the way the event is described, it was a case of accidentally shooting off his mouth, to try to make himself look more important.  

Which, I will point out, says something about the character of the man we've elected to represent us to the world.  Me, I'm pretty sure that if I were ever POTUS, welcoming a diplomatic guest into my Oval Office, I would not feel like I needed anything else to make me feel more important.  

Although yes, the context does make it clear that Trump knew at the time that he was handing over classified information.  In fact, very important classified information.  That was his intent, when he did it.  

It was probably the most important thing he could recall, at the time.  

4 hours ago, Springfield said:

So, is this progress?

(in the sense that proving Trump used Russia to influence he election is progress, or an impeachment is progress)

Mueller?

No, just reassurance of a proper investigation.

oil on the water....got a match? :)

With all this, I'm still worried the Orange Weasel is going to skate. Either with a pardon from President Pence (a la Ford/Nixon) or start a war and claim "war powers". Glad that he needs Congressional approval to declare war. 

So are we at the point where hes either convicted or he was let off? I hate Trump as much as the next guy but lets let the system do its thing and either exonerate his team/him or convict. Lets not fall into the "it didnt go how we thought so he cheated the system." As big of an idiot as he is, its very possible he didnt do anything illegal.

11 minutes ago, DM72 said:

He will definitely get a pardon. We just want his sorry ass removed from office.

I'm not at all sure that Trump has done anything worthy of jail. Let alone anything that can be proven.

If I were placing bets, I'd bet against it. 

He's just not fit to be President. Fire him, and let him go back to "reality" TV. (Where I can ignore him.)

1 minute ago, visionary said:

I sense "executive privilege" coming on. 

(And I can see this being a legitimate use of it, too. The Executive does need the ability to make personnel decisions private.)

True, executive privilege will probably get claimed, but Trump has had such loose lips on the issue that I think there's a strong chance he will have been found to have legally waived said privilege.

Of course, that's a messy situation that probably involves lawyers and judges and courts and UGGGGGHHHHH but I think that might be where we're at.

16 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

True, executive privilege will probably get claimed, but Trump has had such loose lips on the issue that I think there's a strong chance he will have been found to have legally waived said privilege.

Of course, that's a messy situation that probably involves lawyers and judges and courts and UGGGGGHHHHH but I think that might be where we're at.

Was thinking this too. Can it be found that the president has "waived" executive privilege by talking openly in public about the exact same thing he's now attempting to claim privilege on?

Archived