Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BREAKING: Trump fires FBI Director James Comey

No Excuses

1 hour ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

Why would Trump say that to Comey about Flynn?  

Because he felt bad about dragging Flynn into that cesspool?

15 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

So I guess you're going to just gloss over the "show loyalty to me" portion, huh?

Nothing burger it is!

The President is allowed to say he wants loyalty. I'm not sure how that would qualify as a high crime or misdemeanor??? 

Just now, Popeman38 said:

The President is allowed to say he wants loyalty. I'm not sure how that would qualify as a high crime or misdemeanor??? 

I agree...he didn't say "to me".

I also don't think saying that he hopes that Comey will let him go because Flynn is a good guy is obstruction......it's not like he told him to let Flynn go or else.

2 minutes ago, visionary said:

To those still somehow saying this is nothing, what do you need to see for it to be somehthing?

It seems like pretty clear and obvious obstruction of justice and abuse of power to me, both reasons to impeach. 

Explain how it does equal obstruction?

Asking for (or even demanding) loyalty is not a crime, and it is not obstruction. Asking if the Flynn stuff could be let go is not a crime or obstruction. 

Did any any of you actually read the 7 pages? Comey goes out of hhis a way to say Trump never made a demand that the whole world investigation be stopped or diminished, just that he hoped they could go easy on Flynn. Not impeachable. 

People are LOOKING for stuff to impeach the President on and it is obstructing their judgment. 

7 minutes ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

I agree...he didn't say "to me".

I also don't think saying that he hopes that Comey will let him go because Flynn is a good guy is obstruction......it's not like he told him to let Flynn go or else.

He's the president.  When the president asks the head of the FBI to stop investigating one of his buddies because of personal feelIngs towards that buddy, there's a big problem.  Same thing when he constantly demands loyalty he is not owed and which conflicts with Comey's oaths and duty.  Even if he hadn't fired Comey for not stopping or manipulating the investigation for him as he has heavily implied he wanted him and others to do, it would still be problem.

3 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I've come to the conclusion that there is no help for the trump brainwashed, there is clear evidence that this man is a snake and they still scream "I don't see enough".

So anyone that doesn't agree with you has now been "Trump brainwashed?"

Trump is a turd. He is a liar. He is not a good man. None of that makes him worthy of impeachment unless he lies under oath. 

Just now, Springfield said:

The only issue is that Comey got fired for apparently not stopping his investigation.

Good luck proving it.

Comey serves at the pleasure of the President. Trump can fire him at any time for any reason. 

Just now, visionary said:

He's the president.  When the president asks the head of the FBI to stop investigating one of his buddies because of personal feelIngs towards that buddy, there's a big problem.  Same thing when he constantly demands loyalty he is not owed and which conflicts with Comey's oaths and duty.

If the argument is that Trump acted inappropriately; then I agree......But there is absolutely nothing that warrants obstruction of justice or impeachment.

What I see some folks saying is, 'Trump's so awful, but we'll just have to excuse him of any consequences of his behavior and throw up our hands, cause there's nothing to be done about it. Oh well.'  

That's not acceptable.  Trump and his lackeys and colluders must not be allowed to act with impunity. 

2 minutes ago, visionary said:

What I see some folks saying is, 'Trump's so awful, but we'll just have to excuse him of any consequences of his behavior and throw up our hands, cause there's nothing to be done about it. Oh well.'  

That's not acceptable.

No, you want something to rise to the level of impeachment and are willing to stretch anything to reach it. If Comey only reads that 7 page statement, and that is a big IF, there is nothing that rises to high crimes or misdemeanors. Sorry, being objective it just isn't there. And people that know the law inside and out agree. Allen Dershowitz doesn't think anything rises to that level, and he loathes Trump. 

1 minute ago, visionary said:

That's not acceptable.  Trump and his lackeys and colluders must not be allowed to act with impunity. 

There is something people can do.....vote him out in 2020....unless it's proven he committed a crime and you can impeach him sooner.

I see nothing close to impeachment worthy

15 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Comey serves at the pleasure of the President. Trump can fire him at any time for any reason. 

Exactly.

But if Comey is on to something that could potentially get Trump impeached and then Trump fires Comey because of it, thats a problem.  One that can't be proven from what I've read, though.

Just now, Popeman38 said:

No, you want something to rise to the level of impeachment and are willing to stretch anything to reach it. If Comey only reads that 7 page statement, and that is a big IF, there is nothing that rises to high crimes or misdemeanors. Sorry, being objective it just isn't there. And people that know the law inside and out agree. Allen Dershowitz doesn't think anything rises to that level, and he loathes Trump. 

No, it seems pretty clear  to me that he was abusing his authority like Nixon did, and tried to interfere with the investigation on multiple ocassions to shut it down or protect his friends.  Other legal scholars have said it is obstruction. Dershowitz has been used by Trump and his cronies for a while now.  

Believe what you want though.  I'm tired of people making endless excuses and ever-moving goal posts on this.  

14 minutes ago, visionary said:

The issue is there is the law to follow, however much someone is disliked. What did he do that was actuslly illegal? Not stuff that is inappropriate, questionable, etc, but actually breaking a law? Without that its not happening.

33 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

So anyone that doesn't agree with you has now been "Trump brainwashed?"

Trump is a turd. He is a liar. He is not a good man. None of that makes him worthy of impeachment unless he lies under oath. 

Not to stop an investigation into his own wrongdoing.

Add: It is obvious he is crooked as hell or unbelievably incompetent. Have fun defending that.

8 minutes ago, visionary said:

No, it seems pretty clear  to me that he was abusing his authority like Nixon did, and tried to interfere with the investigation on multiple ocassions to shut it down or protect his friends.  Other legal scholars have said it is obstruction. Dershowitz has been used by Trump and his cronies for a while now.  

Believe what you want though.  I'm tired of people making endless excuses and ever-moving goal posts on this.  

Nixon never got impeached, he resigned. But he was caught discussing covering up an actual crime. Trump asking the FBI director to take it easy on Flynn isn't a crime. Comey said he didn't ask the investigation to be shut down. 

1 hour ago, visionary said:

If Comey testifies he did not will that change your mind?

I wouldn't put much faith in Tribe's opinion.

It will be interesting to hear the Dem leadership's opinion after the testimony.

4 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Important question, did Comey specifically say he (Trump) did not ask Comey to **** down the overall Russian meddling investigation or not?  The document released today CLEARLY states that Comey wrote a memo saying Trump did not ask for Comey to stop the overall investigation.  It's in English. 

Jesus, Dershowitz was the go to legal mind for a decade and now all of a sudden he's a Trump shill? For ****s sake. 

9 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Add: It is obvious he is crooked as hell or unbelievably incompetent. Have fun defending that.

I am not a Trump defender. In fact I am quite a vocal critic. But I refuse to believe that mob justice is going to help ANYTHING. 

Archived