Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Jonathan Allen DE Alabama

PCS

Ok, this is jaw-droppingly great news for the Skins, this is one outstanding young man. He brings more than just football skills to the roster (although those are pretty impressive), he's smart and well grounded and ought to be a coach's dream.

Welcome to the nuthut JA, hope you at least wander through this herd now-n-then, we know who you were, now show us who you are and who you are meant to be. HTTR!

I'm unbelivably happy. I did not really have him in mind for our pick because I was 100% sure he would go top 10. He is exactly the person we need for our d-line. Not only because of his talent, which is undeniably huge, but also because of his mentality. Seeing all the post game interviews and reading the bleacherreport story, the guy seems to bring everything in terms of smarts, character and leadership.

I really hope he plays up to our expactations and becomes that force and personality we have been lacking at the d-line for quite some time. A leader, with enormous talent at our biggest position of need who also is extremely happy to return home and play for the team he rooted for as kid. Is there anything more you want?

That pick could be the starting shot for an awesome draft. Let's hope it goes on like this.

19 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Jonathan Allen unconcerned about shoulder arthritis

"The former Alabama star said Saturday that doctors have told him the condition shouldn't affect him for 15-20 years, according to the doctors he spoke with."

Why Nick Saban loves Jonathan Allen so much

Not sure if youre around for tonights draft, but I couldn't get a working link last night. You've always have the hook up.

From everything being said, Allen's shoulder issues aren't that he'll get hit hard on one of them and be out for a few months, but rather it's the affect that wear and tear will have over the years. It doesn't seem like anything that will slow him down for his first several years in the league but could affect him 5-6 years down the road...maybe sooner depending upon how he is used.

28 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Now if we can just land Malik McDowell in the 2nd round...our DL woes will be a thing of the past.

Agree for the most part, but it all depends on who is left on the board. If by some miracle Delvin Cook is still there, I would not blame the Front Office for picking him. Rd 1 projected pick at 49 would be another steal.

Elite Speed to power conversion (Two steps forward and his bull rush knocks guys 40 pounds heavier than him on their ass), hand usage, motor and solid strong build no loose weight. Next to barnett he has the absolute best pure pass rushing this year (not just edge speed), and he is great against the run also.  So psyched, exactly the type of 3-4 DE we needed.

29 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

From everything being said, Allen's shoulder issues aren't that he'll get hit hard on one of them and be out for a few months, but rather it's the affect that wear and tear will have over the years. It doesn't seem like anything that will slow him down for his first several years in the league but could affect him 5-6 years down the road...maybe sooner depending upon how he is used.

But if the doctors are saying it wont effect him for 15-20 years, surely they know that he is playing football, so they have already taken that into account.

2 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

But if the doctors are saying it wont effect him for 15-20 years, surely they know that he is playing football, so they have already taken that into account.

Barring things that may not have been public knowledge what I read is that the arthritic symptoms are par for the course from labrum surgery - a common surgery among NFL players, that one doctor said many DTs have this condition now, its not the same as say... Malcomb Kelley's degenerative knees which sent him soaring down the boards - there were serious flags with that condition - we just took him because it was the 3rd round.  This sounds like regular stuff.

I'll go with the doctors saying it isn't a problem and feel otherwise if they were wrong later.

21 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

I agree...I was just pointing out that the "injury concern" with his shoulders isn't that it could become injured again and he'd miss time, but rather it was about wear and tear over the years.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Not sure if youre around for tonights draft, but I couldn't get a working link last night. You've always have the hook up.

Actually I wasn't, I tried to download it today on TYT but they're doing maintenance. Someone recorded it from BeIn in french language, it was particularly annoying since both pundits were Redskins haters saying Kirk doesn't want to be here and he is gone, then Allen will be a bust due to his injury record etc....

I found this site but I didn't try it, the deadlink for yesterday points to ....//bit.ly/nfldraft2017live, the one for today hasn't been updated yet.

Edit: Found this one for Saturday, another one,

http://myfeed2all.eu/watch/535655/1/watch-nfl-draft-2017.html

https://www.strikeout.me/football

I hope they'll work for you.

This was a pretty "no-duh" pick when he fell to us.

Before the draft, on the basis of free agency, I'd have said overall we had gotten worse as a team from a known and past performance basis.   I think we lose overall on the exchange of Baker, RJF for McClain, McGee from known performance, though I'd say we got a bit more stiff against the run generally.   Now with Allen we are CLEARLY and potentially VASTLY superior to what we had a year ago.   Wildly so against the run and with Allen's ability to go inside in passing situations he'll more than make up for Baker's still surprising pass rush pop here and there.

Sprinkle in Brown and Swearinger and the defense may actually have talent enough to present people problems here and there.   I still think given neither of our outside backers can cover tight ends or running backs we'll need someone else in the secondary so Su'a can handle that, but in all, there's more talent at least :).

43 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I have a feeling he isn't really even on our radar.

I have no idea - I don't watch college and am going mostly off of what I have read. Actually, I think we will pick up a NT today, either in the 2nd or 3rd, but McDowell just seems like an ideal fit at DE/DT opposite Allen based on scouting reports.

Archived