Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

The interesting thing is the only mention of it not being about the drinking was off the record to Michael Robinson.  

I would think that would be the kind of thing you'd make perfectly clear if that was something in your history that's cost you before and you don't want people thinking it's still a problem.

His reasons are his reasons, but that's curious, IMO.

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

We never really know what any contract actually says, since when did that becone a prequisite for commenting on a situation?  

I'm not sure who you're responding to because I never said that nor did I see anyone else say it.

My point is that there are a number of things that could be at play that we don't know and will probably never be privy to.  I don't think the Redskins organization has earned any benefit of the doubt when it comes to situations like these to simply take them at face value and assume they've done everything right. 

4. The Redskins’ GM “search.” Back in March and early April, both Redskins president Bruce Allen and coach Jay Gruden insisted that it was business as usual for the team as it prepared for the draft following the ouster of GM Scot McCloughan. When I talked to Allen about it three weeks after the change, he certainly didn’t seem anxious about having to fill the spot, pointing to the presence of VP of football administration Eric Schaffer, college scouting director Scott Campbell, and pro director Alex Santos as enough to get the job done in the short term, and maybe the long term.

“No different than the coaching staff—I think we have some coaches that will advance in this league, and become coordinators and head coaches—I think we have some people in our college and pro departments who in the future will advance to a vice president of player personnel or general manager position,” he told me that day. “We’ll look at it as a group, and see what we need to do. … Obviously, this isn’t what I envisioned for Scot or the Redskins. Yeah, it’s disappointing, the way it ended. But in the NFL, you have to go forward, and everybody—everybody—is doing their job and is on the same page.”

So what happens if the Redskins simply shuffle some chairs? The truth is that it would be a return to the way it worked in 2014, the year Allen was promoted to president while retaining the GM title. For that season, Campbell served as director of player personnel, and Santos and Schaffer served in their current roles.  Senior personnel executive Doug Williams was on board for that season too. So it’s not like the Redskins don’t have a picture of how it would work. Would it work as well as it did under McCloughan? That’s a different question.

The team’s talent—and coach Jay Gruden had a strong hand in this too—improved plenty over the past couple years, and it’s clear the Redskins benefited from McCloughan’s evaluations in this year’s draft, getting two players (DL Jonathan Allen, OLB Ryan Anderson) that McCloughan loved and graded as first-rounders, plus a player he had ranked as a Top 5 cornerback (Fabian Moreau). So structurally are they damaged? Maybe not. But there are big shoes to fill.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/05/11/indianapolis-colts-andrew-luck-chris-ballard-nfl-notebook

To be honest, I don't know why anyone really cares about the reasons Scot was fired or whatever at this point. It was important at first while the media was circling like vultures, speculation was rampant, and we had no idea what was happening... but now? What does it really matter? It's over, he got fired. That isn't changing. 

What matters is we fired our GM quite a while ago and, by all accounts, haven't interviewed anyone else while a team like the Bills were pulling qualified candidates out from the Panthers and Packers immediately after firing theirs (after the draft, which is how it normally goes). "Normal", heheh, what an abnormal concept. 

That's all that matters right now. What is our organizational structure going to look like and who has what titles? Why is our hiring process different than virtually every other team in the league? 

I'm sure there simply isn't a single person out there more qualified than those we have in the building already, yup. Oh, and the title of GM itself, and its accompanying roles/responsibilities, isn't really THAT important. You know, except for 90% of the successful organizations around the league. But, hey, the Pats! Or the Cowboys who haven't won a playoff game in God knows how long! 

Mmhhhmmmm. Yeeessss, wonnnnnderfuuuulll. 

@thesubmittedone   I only thought the topic became more relevant after the recent reports about not replacing him.  I recall shortly after the news Broke about Scot, reading about the Redskins conducting an extensive search for his replacement.  Yet nothing after that in regards to who except the semi-wacky one about Mayock and Dan being a fan of him.  The only reason I think why Scot was let go is relevant is because it aligns more with what we are hearing now.  If their beef had nothing to do with power, why not go get the next best guy and let him run the show?

You are correct though in the fact that it really doesn't matter.  What's done is done and we are simply along for the ride.  This issue is a lot like politics where nobody is about to budge on the way they choose to see it.  I vow not to get into it any longer.

6 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

Oh, and the title of GM itself, and it's accompanying roles/responsibilities, isn't really THAT important. You know, except for 90% of the successful organizations around the league. But, hey, the Pats!

Yeah, we don't need an official GM, we just need one of the best head coaches of all time as the de facto GM.  Oh and we need Tom Brady at QB on an under-market-rate contract.

4 hours ago, Califan007 said:

It's because Scot did an interview.

Ooooooohhhhhh is that why!? I must've missed it! :bunny::ols: 

Yeah, I know, but it still doesn't matter at this point in comparison to the larger issue and it's extremely unlikely anything he did or didn't say would actually tell us much of anything about it. 

Even if he came out and trashed the team it'd be "oh, of course he'd say that, he's not going to admit it's on him". He said it's mutual so now it's "well, he took the high road" or "it got settled". 

Simply too much background noise at this point for anything said, on either side, to matter. 

All that matters now are the actions and results. And they're quite disappointing thus far. 

22 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

Ooooooohhhhhh is that why!? I must've missed it! :bunny::ols: 

Yeah, I know, but it still doesn't matter at this point in comparison to the larger issue and it's extremely unlikely anything he did or didn't say would actually tell us much of anything about it. 

Even if he came out and trashed the team it'd be "oh, of course he'd say that, he's not going to admit it's on him". He said it's mutual so now it's "well, he took the high road" or "it got settled". 

Simply too much background noise at this point for anything said, on either side, to matter. 

All that matters now are the actions and results. And they're quite disappointing thus far. 

Well, my point was that it doesn't take much lol...

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

Well, my point was that it doesn't take much lol...

I got you, lol... and I knew when I said "I don't get why anyone really cares" I was being pretty damn naive considering this is ES. 

But I was making a legit point so it was worth the risk. :ols: 

23 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

I got you, lol... and I knew when I said "I don't get why anyone really cares" I was being pretty damn naive considering this is ES. 

But I was making a legit point so it was worth the risk. :ols: 

LOL @ the bold :ols:....

With both the Allen/McCloughan debates and the Cousins debate around here, it quickly becomes this:

tumblr_mpo8m1W0pw1r0jpapo1_500.gif

And just for the record, I agree with you that what's important now is how Allen and Snyder decide to proceed...just in case that wasn't made too clear lol...

• 2 weeks later...

That Brice Allen is quite the smooth talker.  So gifted at speaking a lot of words and saying nothing.  Except for when it comes to talking about the most important player on the team.  Ole Brice is surely nothing like his old man.  He's a truly "special" individual... <_<

Just now, ThomasRoane said:

That Brice Allen is quite the smooth talker.  So gifted at speaking a lot of words and saying nothing.  Except for when it comes to talking about the most important player on the team.  Ole Brice is surely nothing like his old man.  He's a truly "special" individual... <_<

Allen has spoke on Cousins numerous times and has been pretty consistent.

12 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

Allen has spoke on Cousins numerous times and has been pretty consistent.

Maybe you missed my sarcasm.  I was mainly referring to the fact that "Brice" can't get our QB's name right.  It's KIR-K!!!!  Not Kurt!

25 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

Maybe you missed my sarcasm.  I was mainly referring to the fact that "Brice" can't get our QB's name right.  It's KIR-K!!!!  Not Kurt!

I've been calling him "Deuce" in my head for years now... because I can't wait for the Skins to drop him.

1 hour ago, ThomasRoane said:

When you said " talking about ", I didn't know you meant " saying the name of ".

Allen is saying Kirk.

It may sound more like Kurt, but he is saying Kirk.

Pretty sure Allen knows the name of our QB.

If he signs him to a long term deal, I wouldn't care if he called him " Kate ".

Yeah it's annoyed the **** out of me forever that some people actually think Allen is saying "Kurt". 

Some people just cut off words that end in "k" and don't pronounce it, so it almost gives it a "t" sound. But he's saying Kirk. 

There are enough actual reasons to dislike Allen without insisting that he doesn't know our own QBs name. 

1. Imma leave this here.............

DAwLASLXcAAnAZx.jpg

Jessica McCloughan @JessicaMcCloug1  16m16 minutes ago

More

McLovin still sporting skins gear & hugging the movers on our way out. Bye DMV....its been an interesting 2 years ?

5. Jessica McCloughan
Jessica McCloughan liked your reply 

47s47 seconds ago
DAwNn8JW0AA42hr.jpg
Ashburning @johnnylocal
Play your own tune, Dance to your own beat.... Best Wishes, Much Love for the E

Play your own tune, Dance to your own beat.... Best Wishes, Much Love for the Efforts.... #yearoftheRooster @Russellmania621 #HTTR RT Skins

9 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Yeah it's annoyed the **** out of me forever that some people actually think Allen is saying "Kurt". 

Some people just cut off words that end in "k" and don't pronounce it, so it almost gives it a "t" sound. But he's saying Kirk. 

There are enough actual reasons to dislike Allen without insisting that he doesn't know our own QBs name. 

Hmm, I'll have to listen more closely then.  Because I'm one of many who thinks it sounds like Kur-t.

1 hour ago, ThomasRoane said:

Hmm, I'll have to listen more closely then.  Because I'm one of many who thinks it sounds like Kur-t.

I say it the exact same way. I cut of the K because that's how I normally talk. I don't know why exactly, but I think it just takes a little extra effort to fully pronounce the k so I skip if for efficiency.

Archived