Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

1 hour ago, Reaper Skins said:

started following him yesterday.  He liked one of my tweets.  I would 100 percent trade Bruce for Scott.

He liked one of my tweets, too. It was a tweet where I mentioned that Swearinger was top on his FA list via Breer's report months back. Though Scot in a seperate tweet said Pryor was his top FA target.

He pretty much outright said their draft matched his board aside from one pick. Hyped Anderson and Moreau.

I also thought it was telling he said Kirk is a top 10 qb, especially in contrast to Doug saying recently Kirk is a top 15 qb.  Beat reporters have said mixed things about Scot on the Kirk front but on the aggregate more positive things have been said as to him being all in, the top 10 comment from yesterday I take as a kicker on that front.

5 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Interesting that Scott said the Skins followed his picks during the draft except for one pick.

I think he will be fine scouting for other teams with his own consulting business.

The board was set before he was canned. 

15 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Why do some people make "Super Bowl" a compound word? I see it a lot more than one would think.

Because it is a compound team effort...lol

Just for clarity, "followed Scot's board" means that the board is the list of top 50/100/whatever players in the draft that he and the scouts (with input I guess from the coaches?) came up with while he was with the Redskins...and each time the Skins picked they picked the highest rated player still left on their/Scot's board, except for one time....right?

I wonder why he didn't say who the one player was?...If this were Shanahan the player would be whichever player performs the poorest this season lol...

4 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Maybe someone who likes to start polls (looking at you @Califan007) could start a poll to see.

Me? lol...:ols:

Anyone want to venture a guess on which pick was not a Scot special?

My guess is Montae Nicholson.

1 hour ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Why do some people make "Super Bowl" a compound word? I see it a lot more than one would think.

Cause its' the superblow, man.

24 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Perine. I think he's a Gruden pick.

Very strong maybe.  Looked at the picks available post us and no one really popped to me in terms of why we did not take that guy who was available instead of the guy we took.  Seems Scott is still high on Matt Jones.  However, if Sprinkle turns out as advertised and getting big at WR, Perine may be another shot at the smash mouth Scott wanted.  From what I remember, wasn't Montrae looking like a non-Scott type?

14 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

Very strong maybe.  Looked at the picks available post us and no one really popped to me in terms of why we did not take that guy who was available instead of the guy we took.  Seems Scott is still high on Matt Jones.  However, if Sprinkle turns out as advertised and getting big at WR, Perine may be another shot at the smash mouth Scott wanted.  From what I remember, wasn't Montrae looking like a non-Scott type?

I can totally see Nicholson as a Scot pick, therefore probably at the place we took Perine, making Perine the odd one out before the TE pick. 

I could see Blair Brown as a Scot choice, taken before the TE. Similar traits to other 'undersized' LBs he's gone for. Also a raft of WR's in there, or King who dropped. I'll go with Brown as the player we kinda 'passed over' in the 4th.

5 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

No idea. Mine was laziness on that post, lol

If you find why people spell "lose" as "loose," then you're on the right path.

After Ian Rapo reported Jones wouldn't be at OTA's, and then the trade rumors, I was stunned that suddenly he was at camp.  Did anyone determine what happened there, the change of heart? Maybe there were no takers on the trade front, sure. Talk about trying to sell on a low, what did they expect?

Maybe Scot texted an Allen crony and told him to not give up on Matt Jones, or Allen remembered what Scot had said about him - that he needs time etc. 

4 years into his head coaching career and we still see a team not prepared when they come out to play. His record is 21-26-1 and as a fan I don't see a great head coach. I see "a" head coach and at best "maybe" a good one but Jay Gruden needs to improve. Everyone needs to and he's no exception.

We need a leader on this team. We don't have a Brady, Manning or Ray Lewis on the field and on the sidelines we don't have a Belichick or Tomlin type of coach. Gruden seems like a nice guy and I'm sure the players like him but when you don't have elite talent, a 'cool' coach probably won't get it done. Not sure if he knows how to lead or instill confidence in his players. 

On 8/10/2017 at 6:54 AM, RandyHolt said:

After Ian Rapo reported Jones wouldn't be at OTA's, and then the trade rumors, I was stunned that suddenly he was at camp.  Did anyone determine what happened there, the change of heart? Maybe there were no takers on the trade front, sure. Talk about trying to sell on a low, what did they expect?

Maybe Scot texted an Allen crony and told him to not give up on Matt Jones, or Allen remembered what Scot had said about him - that he needs time etc. 

I'd say Jones wanted to get paid. 

Judging by Scot's wife's tweets, I'd say Nicholson was definitely a Scot pick. 

21 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

I'd say Jones wanted to get paid. 

Or perhaps, that we didn't want to pay him to never play for us again.

Or perhaps just in the case that he ends up being needed, we decided to let him report. Sure enough, Marshall got injured, and now Perine fumbled and dropped an easy pass. NFL = not for long.

1 hour ago, dyst said:

We need a leader on this team. We don't have a Brady, Manning or Ray Lewis on the field and on the sidelines we don't have a Belichick or Tomlin type of coach. Gruden seems like a nice guy and I'm sure the players like him but when you don't have elite talent, a 'cool' coach probably won't get it done. Not sure if he knows how to lead or instill confidence in his players. 

No real leader worth his salt would come here, which is why we've been able to hire only burn-outs and clowns.

7 hours ago, dyst said:

4 years into his head coaching career and we still see a team not prepared when they come out to play. His record is 21-26-1 and as a fan I don't see a great head coach. I see "a" head coach and at best "maybe" a good one but Jay Gruden needs to improve. Everyone needs to and he's no exception.

Talk about an overreaction.

1. It's 1 freaking preseason game. We were vanilla, Ravens weren't because that's their MO in preseason. Team needs to sharpen up, sure, but your reaction is excessive, to put it lightly.

2. Have you paid attention at all to camp reports? If so, it's been all about team leaders stepping up. Cousins, Trent WIlliams, Jordan Reed, Pryor is already taking on that role, Kerrigan, Norman, Swearinger is taking it on, Deangelo Hall. 

3. Gruden is a leader and does instill confidence in his players. He's done that even before coming here. His offensive system is proven at the NFL level. Plus, he's not the only elader in the coahcing staff. Callahan on the OL, Tomsula on the DL, our new hire at DB Gray, Manusky could be counted as well.

This team won the division thanks to Jay being a leader and changing the starting QB. Last year they faded down the stretch, and that is on Jay for a very bad DC hire, but they weren't awful. Right now he's already a good coach and has the potential to be great. Time will tell.

5 minutes ago, elkabong82 said:

Talk about an overreaction.

1. It's 1 freaking preseason game. We were vanilla, Ravens weren't because that's their MO in preseason. Team needs to sharpen up, sure, but your reaction is excessive, to put it lightly.

2. Have you paid attention at all to camp reports? If so, it's been all about team leaders stepping up. Cousins, Trent WIlliams, Jordan Reed, Pryor is already taking on that role, Kerrigan, Norman, Swearinger is taking it on, Deangelo Hall. 

3. Gruden is a leader and does instill confidence in his players. He's done that even before coming here. His offensive system is proven at the NFL level. Plus, he's not the only elader in the coahcing staff. Callahan on the OL, Tomsula on the DL, our new hire at DB Gray, Manusky could be counted as well.

This team won the division thanks to Jay being a leader and changing the starting QB. Last year they faded down the stretch, and that is on Jay for a very bad DC hire, but they weren't awful. Right now he's already a good coach and has the potential to be great. Time will tell.

It's one "preseason game", "half", "game"...I feel like that's the motto of the Redskins fan to cope with things. Oh and the term 'vanilla' is overused with this team so much. A coach that has a losing record with a bunch of new players shouldn't be vanilla.The night is still young, so things could change but week 1 preseason and your WASHINGTON REDSKINS are the only team who got crushed and couldn't score a TD. Yes, to me that is concerning. Preseason does not mean much, but for this team it should. Not the win or loss part of it, but they need to come out prepared. 

Archived