Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 ES GM's Mock Draft is now in the books. FULL details in the OP.

Gibbs Hog Heaven

11 minutes ago, Hail2theSkins24 said:

There were a few different options considered for the Bills pack. However, putting myself in new coach Sean McDermott's shoes, the choice was easy. The Buffalo Bills select Reuben Foster, ILB, 'Bama. An instant impact guy who will be all around the ball. Buffalo's defense is slowly getting back to that punishing defense in 2014. 

Sounds just like the perfect McDermott pairing.

After some phone calls on the floor, the Saints decide to stand pat and one-up their original plan to get Malcolm Butler which didn't quite work out because Bill Belichick was too busy being surly to get a deal done.

The New Orleans Saints pick Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama.

Very nice size and speed, solid on the perimeter and just now scratching his potential.  Great bloodlines, as both his parents were both stars at Alabama, with his father having been drafted to the NFL.

Another 2 'Bama picks whilst I slept. 4 of the top 11 picks out of Tuscaloosa. Didn't expect at least 2 of those to go so high. More backend the first. Shows how a draft can throw you. 

LOVE Foster. Better coming out than Reggie Ragland last year from the Tide IMHO. Quick. Explosive. Violent. All over the field. Everything you want in an LB. 

Not sure where I'd play Humphrey. Love his size and length. But he doesn't play that fast on tape when you watch him whatever he run in shorts Indy. And he gave up a ton of big plays  with his poor ball recognition. But man he's darn physical and athletic to think he'll develop into something pretty good. Possibly a FS? Wouldn't want him at corner anyways. 

11 picks the first 15 hours as I type gentlemen. Good work! 

Anyways, moving on .....

CLEVELAND BROWNS ARE ON THE CLOCK! 

Hail. 

Fits in well with the Browns long term building. Just didn't expect him so high. 2/3 years down the line I think he'll be a decent player. Has all the physical traits. Just raw and inexperienced. Best description I heard playing off his name was 'has all the ingredients. Just lacks seasoning.' Don't get the clamor for him to be a Redskin in the draft prospect  thread at all when we need guys who can contribute to a high level now. Not late bloomers to groom high. 

ARIZONA CARDINALS ARE ON THE CLOCK!

Hail. 

29 minutes ago, Epochalypse said:

Hated the pick as soon as I made it. Largely because I knew that I would have Garrett already. I think going forward I am done with trading for future picks. You never get to use them and there are no consequences for trading them awsy.

All relative though isn't it? 

Anyone looking back on this draft in the standard three year time frame (I would hope) would take into account those picks and who could of been added had you had the choice for a completely rebuilding and high pick stacked Browns. The same way I hope they'd look at a young, settled Dallas team missing a few pieces on defense to take them over the top in a position to afford gambling on such a generational stud. 

The real frustrating thing is the perception within the parameters of our 'game' from folk who don't look at the bigger picture. For instance I'm sure where it not for that you'd of taken another future second instead of the third as noted. I understand the reality of that but it's a sad state of affairs when anyone would feel obliged to take the 'immediate' option rather than a potentially better value one down to people's perception. (Not suggesting that was 100% the reasoning but it comes under consideration with most of us among our peers here I've little doubt.). 

All seems a little strange to me why people judge that way as the chances are few of these players drafted by ourselves ever end up at the same ballclub in the same situation in 'real life' so even to look back in 3 years or more time is still little more than just 'projecting.' 

But I don't see any other solution than the format we have and a 'one and done.' Even if you carried picks over, which I'd be down with, as soon as those 'actual' picks move in the 'real World' it screws it all up again. 

All that said ...... Taco at 12 ..... that's ..... Interesting. 

Hail. 

41 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

All relative though isn't it? 

Anyone looking back on this draft in the standard three year time frame (I would hope) would take into account those picks and who could of been added had you had the choice for a completely rebuilding and high pick stacked Browns. The same way I hope they'd look at a young, settled Dallas team missing a few pieces on defense to take them over the top in a position to afford gambling on such a generational stud. 

Edit

But I don't see any other solution than the format we have and a 'one and done.' Even if you carried picks over, which I'd be down with, as soon as those 'actual' picks move in the 'real World' it screws it all up again. 

All that said ...... Taco at 12 ..... that's ..... Interesting. 

Hail. 

First, I am not suggesting any change. But I see both sides of this. If you look at the draft in it's totality then regardless of if you actually get to use those draft picks next year or not, part of this years draft includes - in this case - 3 extra picks including 2 1st rd picks. Some might argue that would never happen in real life - well maybe outside Redskins walls they might. As we know all too well that not only can it happen, it has and we are still paying for it. But if you look at it strictly from playing the game this year - which is also fair - dallast gave up a 3rd and trade 1st to move from 28th to 1st. I get both sides of the argument.

The reason I would never propose a change is that - yes these trades can happen in real life and have actual value and therefore you can't take them out of the equation. Also, the accounting nightmare of trying to keep up with those changes and fold them into the actual draft would turn this into a ES draft not an NFL mock draft.

Last year a couple people put together some really nice scoring algorithms to try and put a quantitative measure on our draft performance. I can't remember - did they include future draft picks in the calculations?

Probleme with the Browns is that you can only have that many players on your roster. At some point you will run out of room or caproom to keep all of them. 

So if they would be pilling up draft picks in real life. I expect them at one point to just trade a bunch away and grab some instant impact players.

Like next year. If they play decent and then make huge trade for the 1st overal pick to grab there QB. 

*TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT* 

The LA Chargers are moving up 14 spots from the second round to the first in a trade with Oakland! 

Chargers send their 6th selections in Rounds 2 and 4 (Pick #'s 38 and 113), along with the 7th pick in the 5th Round (#151) to Oakland in exchange for the Raiders 24th overall selection. 

Once again Oakland goes balls out in trading blind! Once again with an LA team. This time the Chargers who apparently see a coveted player falling the way the first is playing out and have moved back up to add their second first round selection. With the Raiders increasing their overall tally to 10 picks. But only 1 in the top 2 rounds. Reclaiming their earlier lost second rounder. But now relinquishing their first. 

Interesting to see just who the Chargers now add at 24 after the earlier pick of O.J. Howard. I had them going in a different way on offense for that pick. I wonder if they now will?

8 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

Pick coming at 830.  Trades are currently being considered if anyone wants to come up

Take as long as you need man, 

Better to wait it out and get what you want than not. 

Hail. 

At this point in his development, Humphrey is a boundary guy.  We think he can start across from opposing #2s and then we'll see where he goes from there, but so long as he keeps building on his potential, we'll be fine.  

The Saints need new CBs AND new Ss, so regardless of where he ends up in the secondary, we'll be happy with him.

I'm gonna' be tied up for a good few hours in a hour or so. So apologies in advance for the selection list the OP not being updated. 

Just carry on picking as per and if someone can notify the next man up after any picks made I'd appreciate it. But we should hopefully roll through a few more picks before then. 

Hail. 

Just now, Epochalypse said:

The Browns wanted Humphrey. We envisioned him as our FS. Literally everyone the Browns were hoping would fall to 12 disappeared and then the tier dropped out for us.

Ack, sorry.

If it's any consolation, the Saints were really excited about Foster potentially dropping to 11.

Not that Humphrey is bad, we like him a lot right where we got him, but there were like 3-4 guys clumped up on our board whereas Foster was above them solidly.

So the Bills screwed me unintentionally, and then I screwed you unintentionally.  And I can only assume you screwed the Cardinals behind you.

IT'S THE CIRCLE OF SCREWWWWWWWWWWWW and it moves the DRAFFFFFFTTTTTTT

With the 13th pick of the draft, the Arizona Cardinals select:

Jabrill Peppers, Michigan S/LB/Tornado

Image result for jabrill peppers

The Bird Gang have been known for taking athletic playmakers, no matter what position they played in college.

Peppers has played both safety and linebacker, and has also been a dynamic returner.  Three areas the Cardinals hoped to address this offseason. 

He has been compared to Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu because of his versatility and is play in the return game. However, his frame and ability to play safety and linebacker compare him more to another Cardinals player — linebacker (and former safety) Deone Bucannon.

Is he the next Bucannon or is he the next Tyrann Mathieu? Quite frankly we'd be thrilled either way.

Peppers is a freak when allowed to roam in the open. In James Bettcher’s defense, that’s exactly what he’ll be asked to do. Fitting down in the box with the ability to roam in zone coverage, Peppers would be used much like DJ Swearinger was last year. His range allows him to be a plug-and-play guy who could stay on the field for every snap.

Adding him to an already athletic, talented secondary would be a huge boost.  With Bucannon entering the final year of his contract in 2017, the addition of Peppers ensures that Arizona's elite defense remains "muy picante" for years to come

WOW! Now THAT I didn't see coming. Had him late first/ second. Second straight pick of a Wolverine way higher than I would of thought they'd go. This draft is throwing me all over the place.

Still say he's a RB. Regardless of what he becomes, he sure is an elite athlete. 

THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ARE ON THE CLOCK! 

Hail. . 

Archived