Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 ES GM's Mock Draft is now in the books. FULL details in the OP.

Gibbs Hog Heaven

And that both justifies and makes my trade up worth while. Along with Barnett, the second-best edge rusher the entire draft IMHO and the person I was relying on falling to 28 after the labrum surgery. 

Word to the wise. He'll go to Dallas at 28 the actual draft. Convinced of that. Which is terrible news for the rest of the QB's in the East. 

Oh yeah

NEW YORK GIANTS ARE ON THE CLOCK! 

Hail. 

2 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

And that both justifies and makes my trade up worth while. Along with Barnett, the second-best edge rusher the entire draft IMHO and the person I was relying on falling to 28 after the labrum surgery. 

Word to the wise. He'll go to Dallas at 28 the actual draft. Convinced of that. Which is terrible news for the rest of the QB's in the East. 

Hail. 

Awhile back he is who I wanted for the Redskins but I am just assuming that Bruce wouldn't have the stomach to wait on that injury to heal -- after dealing with the Doctson pick from last year.  So I gave up on the thought.  Dolphins could more easily afford to be patient -- letting him play behind Wake. 

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Awhile back he is who I wanted for the Redskins but I am just assuming that Bruce wouldn't have the stomach to wait on that injury to heal -- after dealing with the Doctson pick from last year.  So I gave up on the thought.  Dolphins could more easily afford to be patient -- letting him play behind Wake. 

He'll be a beast around October when he's upto speed. 4-6 months out and he's had the surgery already. Dallas have had him in on one of their 30 and given the dude could sell snow to Eskimos, I just hve a gut feeling Jerruh's gonna' fall head over heals. 

SO glad Takk went before 28. That was honestly my plan at 28 before I went all in on Garrett and left nothing to chance. I'd be looking at trading back now which is easier said than done. 

Hail. 

With the 23rd pick in the 2017 ExtremeSkins GM Mock Draft...the New York Football Giants select:

17265530_418471365172155_3205119787021631488_n.thumb.jpg.ec174449e0fa2d0dad4bfea019d97ce7.jpg

The Giants simply are not confident in Keenan Robinsons ability to quarterback the defense. There are questions surrounding the offensive line but the Giants GM advised they are looking to improve their offensive line with veterans via free agency and/or trades.

9 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Btw I have to admit, that I seriously considered drafting McCaffrey at #4.

No matter how crazy it might seem, but if Hooker didn't fall I would have got the kid. He's an all around guy that can play almost everywhere on O which should give a creative OC a lot of flexibility. Guys like Gruden, McVay or Kyle would just love someone like him.

I like that. People's heads would of fallen off but you can't list a clear top ten players based on individual talent in this draft IMHO. Outside of 4 or 5 guys, the level is so much of a muchness in quality that you could make plenty of different cases. All depends on who you like and what you run. 

I wouldn't of scolded you for doing that had it played that way all things considered. 

God I hope the Giants don't do that in the actual draft. Great pick man. 

For the second time in Round One 

THE LOS ANGELES CHARGERS ARE ON THE CLOCK! 

Hail. 

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Great pick with Takk. He would not have made it past 31. Cunningham wouldnt have either.

If it makes it down to me at 31 I will be out for my birthday dinner tonight. I will pick or accept a trade when I get back.

Happy Birthday mate. Hope it's an absolutely boss one. Have a bevvy or ten to celebrate! 

We like you. Even if you still can't evaluate LE's for ****! ;) .

Hail. 

1 hour ago, Redskins Reparations said:

With the 23rd pick in the 2017 ExtremeSkins GM Mock Draft...the New York Football Giants select:

The Giants simply are not confident in Keenan Robinsons ability to quarterback the defense. There are questions surrounding the offensive line but the Giants GM advised they are looking to improve their offensive line with veterans via free agency and/or trades.

Judging by twitter, lot of buzz that he might be their pick for real.  

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

He'll be a beast around October when he's upto speed. 4-6 months out and he's had the surgery already. Dallas have had him in on one of their 30 and given the dude could sell snow to Eskimos, I just hve a gut feeling Jerruh's gonna' fall head over heals. 

Yeah I've been changing from player to player over time as the draft approaches.  I had my McKinley phase for the Redskins until the shoulder surgery -- I'd still love for them to take him among a few other prospects I like.  I agree with Bill Pollian who said about the Redskins woes on third down that much of that is due to the team just having power rushers on the team, they have no speed rushers who could line up wide nine and just tee off at the QB at obvious passing downs.  McKinley would IMO resolve that issue. 

The Washington Redskins with draft pick #25 acquired from the Houston Texans select Dalvin Cook RB | Florida St.

He was one of the players I was hoping would fall to me.

This from Scott Wrights draft countdown.

With so much tumult in the Washington front office it’s even more difficult than usual to decipher what exactly their priorities will be in the draft.  However, Jay Gruden is still the head coach and he no doubt would love to bring a dynamic, versatile playmaker and  Cook would definitely provide that as both a runner and pass catcher..

This quote from Walter Football!

Dalvin Cook posted poor numbers at the combine, but those figures don't factor in his excellent vision, and besides, Cook's high-level production at Florida State is just too great to ignore. Cook also has some minor off-the-field issues
Read more at http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2017.php#bZSU5k3XCLOuiUiH.99

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/dalvin-cook?id=2557991

NFL Comparison

Edgerrin James

Bottom Line

Very talented runner with outstanding balance, footwork and burst. Cook lacks the power that you may find with some running backs in this year's draft, but he is a homerun hitter with a resume featuring monster games against his most highly regarded opponents. Cook creates for himself with elusiveness and speed, but his value could be diminished by injuries, character and issues in pass protection. If everything checks out, he could become a rookie of the year candidate right away.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Judging by twitter, lot of buzz that he might be their pick for real.  

Yeah I've been changing from player to player over time as the draft approaches.  I had my McKinley phase for the Redskins until the shoulder surgery -- I'd still love for them to take him among a few other prospects I like.  I agree with Bill Pollian who said about the Redskins woes on third down that much of that is due to the team just having power rushers on the team, they have no speed rushers who could line up wide nine and just tee off at the QB at obvious passing downs.  McKinley would IMO resolve that issue. 

Latest NFL mock has Redskins getting Malik Hooker. Never going to happen but nice to think about. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000796324/article/reuter-5round-mock-draft-surprise-qb-lands-in-round-1

Gallen, you just did the Redskins proud. He has his fumbling issues but he's the complete back. EXCELLENT value at 25 with the trade back. 

Good job Sir! 

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS ARE NOW ON THE CLOCK!

And as their GM hasn't been on in over 18 hours, this may be a whiles. But I've hollered at him. 

Hail. 

16 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Gallen, you just did the Redskins proud. He has his fumbling issues but he's the complete back. EXCELLENT value at 25 with the trade back. 

Second best back in the class behind <censored> talent wise for me. But as <censored> won't go in the first, he's the clear top back I have. 

Good job Sir!

Come on, commish!

29 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Latest NFL mock has Redskins getting Malik Hooker. Never going to happen but nice to think about. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000796324/article/reuter-5round-mock-draft-surprise-qb-lands-in-round-1

Yeah the two stud players who are typically top 10 that once in a blue moon drop to #17 are Hooker and Foster.  I'd draft either in a heartbeat.  But I'd be surprised if it happens.  

15 minutes ago, Epochalypse said:

Absolutely would hate Redskins taking Dalvin Cook.

Figures Dallas would approve...

There's no easy way to say this my friend. So I'll just come straight out with it. It is with a heavy heart that I have to tell you Cook upgrades on your FB/ pseudo RB ZZ. 

I know you had such high hopes for the UFA stud. But it just wasn't to be. :D .

25 Picks before we're back at it on RB's. WAY TO GO US! TOP self-restraint! 

12 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I bet it's warm beer, too.

Only when it's coming back out. :ph34r: .

Hail. 

Archived