Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 ES GM's Mock Draft is now in the books. FULL details in the OP.

Gibbs Hog Heaven

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

First, I am not suggesting any change. But I see both sides of this. If you look at the draft in it's totality then regardless of if you actually get to use those draft picks next year or not, part of this years draft includes - in this case - 3 extra picks including 2 1st rd picks. Some might argue that would never happen in real life

It wouldnt happen in real life for a DE. It would for the right QB though. That is my one issue with this draft game we play. There is no real GM in the world giving up three drafts for one DE. 

AND THE 31ST PICK IS STILL AVAILABLE!!!

Would love to see the Cowboys have to finagle their way around the cap after trading for the #1 pick. It would add another 4-5 mil to their cap which is already cutting it close given 6-7 mil based on Spotrac and Overthecap.

Romo is gone and so is their depth. Myles Garrett is a can't miss stud no doubt, but they will have trouble filling out their roster in meaningful ways going forward.

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

It wouldnt happen in real life for a DE. It would for the right QB though. That is my one issue with this draft game we play. There is no real GM in the world giving up three drafts for one DE. 

AND THE 31ST PICK IS STILL AVAILABLE!!!

That's probably fair. But would anyone disagree Garrett was the best player in this draft? He should be an immediate game changer. If you look at dallast, they have the primary skill positions in place on off. Their D is in shambles, especially after losing their secondary. Admittedly it's a lot to move up for a DE.

So @Gibbs Hog Heaven got fleeced - is that really a bad thing?  :rofl89::rofl89:   Totally kidding!

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

*2 drafts. 

Never understood why it's only difference making offensive players someone's willing to run the risk on. Be it a QB or a RB like Herschel Walker or Ricky Williams. When a difference maker the opposite side of the ball can be just as vital. 

Just needs someone brave enough to trade big like when Jimmy Johnson entered the league. 

Hail 

7 minutes ago, JWB said:

Would love to see the Cowboys have to finagle their way around the cap after trading for the #1 pick. It would add another 4-5 mil to their cap which is already cutting it close given 6-7 mil based on Spotrac and Overthecap.

Romo is gone and so is their depth. Myles Garrett is a can't miss stud no doubt, but they will have trouble filling out their roster in meaningful ways going forward.

At least for now, the rule of 51 means even with the @ #1 you only need about $6M for draft picks. They still have some moves they can make. Looks like Witten can be restructured. They will release Romo and that could give them $5M. Of course it depends on if they designate him June 1. They get more CAP relief this year but it doesn't count until June 1.

They are tight on CAP but it could be done if they really needed it.

14 minutes ago, JWB said:

They recoup substantially when Romo goes. However he finally leaves.

Hail. 

10 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

That's probably fair. But would anyone disagree Garrett was the best player in this draft? He should be an immediate game changer. If you look at dallast, they have the primary skill positions in place on off. Their D is in shambles, especially after losing their secondary. Admittedly it's a lot to move up for a DE.

So @Gibbs Hog Heaven got fleeced - is that really a bad thing?  :rofl89::rofl89:   Totally kidding!

He is the best player in this draft. But I dont have him as a once in a generation type player. IMO Peppers, Mario Williams and even Clowney were better prospects recently. And I actually have Jonathan Allen ranked very close to Garrett in this draft. 

12 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

*2 drafts. 

Never understood why it's only difference making offensive players someone's willing to run the risk on. Be it a QB or a RB like Herschel Walker or Ricky Williams. When a difference maker the opposite side of the ball can be just as vital. 

Just needs someone brave enough to trade big like when Jimmy Johnson entered the league. 

Hail 

Because the QB IS the offense when you get down to it. He is in control of so much of what a football team is. I am not bashing you for making the move though. If you love a guy and want to get him you have to do drastic things. I would have moved up from 31 to get OJ Howard. But I wouldnt have risked the future over him.

With pick 14, the Eagles take Quincy Wilson, CB out of Florida.

Wilson addresses the Eagle's biggest need. He's 6-1 and 215 pounds, the perfect size for today's NFL cornerback. He's quick for a player his size, but could use work on his tackling technique. The Eagles feel he will be a great addition and will improve their floundering pass defense.

With their 1st pick in the 2017 draft, the Indianapolis Colts select:  Forrest Lamp, OG, Western Kentucky

The Colts wanted to go defense with their first pick, as pass rush is a glaring need. However, they still need to find a way to protect their franchise quarterback, who just happened to get killed in the pocket the last two years, ,and recently required surgery. While not the sexiest pick, it is something the Colts have done in the recent past with great success(Ryan Kelly) and aren't shy to add value to their line.

Lamp has been projected to have the ability to play anywhere along the OL, making him very versatile and valuable, and his pro comp has been Zach Martin.

Image result for forrest lamp

@Butters20Solid pick for Indy - building that line of protection for their QB after last years Kelly pick - who I wanted for the Redskins last year, just saying. Unlike some I was really happy with the Docston pick once Kelly was gone. But had he fallen to us I was really hoping that's who they picked.  

3 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Vikings are now on the clock....(sometime next week).  

What did GHH trade for the number 1 pick?  GHH knows talent on defense though, I'll give him that.  He had that LB from Florida State rated as the best pass rusher in the draft when Shanny took him.  What was that dude's name?  :ols:

3 1sts, a second, and a third.  So basically the RG3 special, right?  Well, except that the current year 1st was the 20-somethingth rather than the third overall.

Was waiting for a potential trade. Moving on.

After a disappointing 8-8 season, the Ravens clearly have some holes. They signed Tony Jefferson to help the defensive backfield. They released Elvis Dumervil and Terrell Suggs is getting older so they could use an edge rusher. But they also lost Steve Smith - as we saw against Washington, he was key to a lot of what they do offensively. 

So, with the 16th pick in the ES NFL 2017 Mock Draft - The Baltimore Ravens take:

Corey Davis, WR Western Michigan University

th?id=OIP.fR-zuocG7UAyqa724uRNEgEsDI&w=2

At 6' 3" and 209, he has great size and length for a NFL WR. At WMU, he had >1400 his last 3 seasons finishing with 5285 yds (FBS career receiving record) and 52 TDs. He is a crisp route runner that can already run the full tree. He is great at using head fakes and shifting his hips to get separation from CBs - which he did with great regularity. He makes a good transition from receiver to ball carrier. He needs to work on his concentration a little as he tries to run before catching the ball and on how to carry the ball as a runner as he lets the ball get too far from his body. But those things can be coached. He has great athleticism and is a willing and capable blocker with surprising speed. He should be NFL ready and able to immediately provide a much needed weapon for Flacco and Co. opposite Mike Wallace. 

Archived