Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 ES GM's Mock Draft is now in the books. FULL details in the OP.

Gibbs Hog Heaven

3 minutes ago, TheShredSkinz said:

They would love to be able to do make that trade. Three low firsts from Jerry's perspective.....all for a freak potential game wrecker.

They got a lot more needs in 2017 than they originally had in 2016. I don't think there'll be much low rounds for them unless they do something about their poached and robbed secondary and O-line depth.

Ok, unlike my normal MO of giving a complete rundown on my pick, I don't feel I need to do here as he's as a complete and clear overall top talent in a draft class since Andrew Luck. There's not much I can add that hasn't been said already so I'll spare the usual rundown. 

Save to say we here in Frisco believe this key addition will take this group over the top. In making such a hefty, Russel Maryland type move (oh what happy memories we have from that gamble), we weighed up all the factors ..... Losing next years first and second is offset slightly by what we anticipate will be 4 comp. selections (4, 2x 5ht's and a 6th) coming our way in 2018 to leave 10 picks to play with. And after Tony R finally departs, be it either via trade/ release, or on June 1st, we're clearing either $6 million/ $42 million or $15 million/ $34 million in cap space respectively this year and next with only the biggies of Zack Martin and La'el Collins to re-sign. So we're good from a future pick and cap perspective. Along with having 10 of our XI offensive starters returning, with all the key blocks in place that side of the ball augmented by some solid line depth replacing in FA. So by adding what we believe is our new DeMarcus Ware to combat the pass happy East, allowing is to strengthen the back end as this draft progresses, we are confident that we are primed for a serious run at Lombardi #6. The fact that he's an Arlington native, mad Cowboys fan, and a ridiculous athletic talent already at just 21 years of age makes this a move MORE than worth making in our humble opinion. When once in a generation supreme talents come along, just like Zeke last year, it's only fitting that the Cowboys are the stage the should play on! :P .

So without further ado, with the 1st overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, we are exceptionally happy to keep this superstar Texan where he belongs and make 

DE. Miles Garrett. Jnr. Texas A&M University.

the latest Dallas Cowboy! 

6c1422a9bfee436cb1b9399d23cf0334.jpg?w=1

You wanted to stay in Texas Miles. You've got your wish! 

SAN FRANCISCO 49ers ARE NOW ON THE CLOCK! 

Hail. 

35 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

They got a lot more needs in 2017 than they originally had in 2016. I don't think there'll be much low rounds for them unless they do something about their poached and robbed secondary and O-line depth.

The re-signing of Cooper and the acquisition of Byron Bell we feel more than compensates for Doug Free's impending retirement. If Chaz Green stays healthy, we have a ready made, proven quality replacement to slide straight in. Or if he doesn't, the flexibility to bounce either Collins or Cooper over to RT suits us down to the ground. 

Worrying about the strongest OL in the league and the depth behind it is the last of our concerns. 

Hail. 

14 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

GHH seen here after giving up #28 overall and a 3rd rounder for the #1 overall. 

Joking aside, that's wholly unfair on Epoch. Or anyone else dealing in future picks as has happened each time we've done this. 

The essence of our draft may be within the one year and done parameter on the face of it. But it's still relative to take into consideration how he's just stacked the Browns with 6 top 100 picks both this year and next. With 4 top two round picks this year and 5 the next. Along with another 3 in 2019. 

Not as cynical a view when the whole picture is taken into account.

12 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

GHH long-winded as always, but this time without saying much of anything about the player.

And I thought I was being laconic! 

That's gratitude for you! HUMPH!

Hail. 

With the 4th pick Rd 1 of the 2017 ES GM Mock Draft,

The Jacksonville Jaguars have selected:

wenn71903hooker__oPt.jpg

Oh Crap!!!

That must be a hacking from those guys at Dallas!!!

OK. I'll do it again...

With the 4th pick of the 1st Round of the 2017 ES GM Mock Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars have selected:

Ohio State, FS, Malik Hooker

usa-today-9516146.0.jpg

This guy is our last piece in our fierceful defense. The guy was pretty high on the Redskins wishlist due to those many missed tackles, but he's an absolute raw talent that will just explode in the upcoming year. With Fowler and Ramsey on this side of the ball, Be assured that those QB in Indianapolis, Houston or Tennessee will have some tough time against us. Our new HC Doug Marrone will just love him

Archived