Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 ES GM's Mock Draft is now in the books. FULL details in the OP.

Gibbs Hog Heaven

The Factory of Sadness is open to offers.

And by offers I mean we are hoping that some teams offer to give us picks for nothing out of pity.

If you are so cold hearted that the above notion doesn't tug at your heart strings, we will also consider trades that require reciprocation.

Think of the children, you heartless ****s...

pdicldzcqpvcgyxagwei.jpg

2 hours ago, Epochalypse said:

The Factory of Sadness is open to offers.

And by offers I mean we are hoping that some teams offer to give us picks for nothing out of pity.

If you are so cold hearted that the above notion doesn't tug at your heart strings, we will also consider trades that require reciprocation.

Think of the children, you heartless ****s...

[ ..... Cut picture of Cleveland child abuse ..... ]

I'd love to get up to 1 with future picks and all. The same way I wrestled with moving up to 4 last year to bag Zeke and keep him from Dallas' clutches but dave wanted just a little too much. 

But alas I'm just too high up in the first to able to make that move. 

Hail. 

16 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Could always take the French approach and stick a pin in a list of names. 

He seems to have fun doing that. 

Hail. 

Nope, sorry, we're going with a new way of doing things this year:

blind-man-with-his-dog-vector-id50970918

And we're expecting much better results than last year.

*3 DAYS UNTIL DRAFT DAY* 

I've been away in Africa on a long weekend so apologies for not updating but now I'm back and set. A reminder GM'S ..... We go to draft THREE days from now at 12 PM EST, Thursday, March 30. With all rosters/ picks being locked from 'real life' 12 hours earlier at midnight March 30. From that point on, only trades made between ourselves will interest us in our reality here and no future 'real life' player transactions will count. 

You are all free to discuss any trade deals and fine tune the details of anything you agree on. Once we lock down the rosters, said trades can be entered into the books at ANY time after that deadline you so desire. Whether you are on the clock or not! 

It's getting closer gentlemen! 

-Commissioner Belvedere. 

Hail. 

39 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

This is the first time I'm doing this, sorry for the silly question, but does the 12hrs per pick of Rd 1 go the whole 12 hrs of a pick? or does it move to the next pick once a pick is made?

Often we'll have spurts of people making picks relatively quickly, and then hit one or two thst may take a few hours. I think we always have at least one or two in the first round that take a large portion of the 12 hours. 

Fast is nice, but gotta be understanding for those that do take a while so long as it's not because they're just desperately waiting for a trade offer. 

3 hours ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

This is the first time I'm doing this, sorry for the silly question, but does the 12hrs per pick of Rd 1 go the whole 12 hrs of a pick? or does it move to the next pick once a pick is made? @Gibbs Hog Heaven Thanks in advance..

They start when the previous pick is made and they stop when you pick.

Btw Jaguars have some trade offer on the table guys. Make sure you don't get leaped over.

*2 DAYS UNTIL DRAFT DAY* 

It's getting closer guys! Best prepare the family that you're about to go underground for the next month .....

We go to draft TWO days from now at 12 PM EST, Thursday, March 30. With all rosters/ picks being locked from 'real life' 12 hours earlier at midnight March 30. From that point on, only trades made between ourselves will interest us in our reality here and no future 'real life' player transactions will count. 

You are all free to discuss any trade deals and fine tune the details of anything you agree on. Once we lock down the rosters, said trades can be entered into the books at ANY time after that deadline you so desire. Whether you are on the clock or not! 

@COWBOY-KILLA- As everyone's succinctly answered (thank's guys), the relevant time on the clock per round starts and ends with a particular pick. And then starts again as soon as that pick is entered into the books (posted in the thread by either yourselves or someone you've given your pick to if you aren't around and have chosen to do that) for the next team up. 

-Commissioner Belvedere. 

BTW, it's been brought to attention that there's some disparity in trade talks between 'different' draft value charts used. We will be rolling with the standard Jimmy Johnson model and the one I'm about to put in the OP will be the de facto draft pick value chart to settle ALL trade negotiations and quell any disputes.

Your welcome.  

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

BTW, it's been brought to attention that there's some disparity in trade talks between 'different' draft value charts used. We will be rolling with the standard Jimmy Johnson model and the one I'm about to put in the OP will be the de facto draft pick value chart to settle ALL trade negotiations and quell any disputes.

Keep in mind the draft value charts are only a guide, and picks are worth whatever someone is willing to trade for them.

They also have no ability to quell disputes. Believe me I know.

1 hour ago, Epochalypse said:

Keep in mind the draft value charts are only a guide, and picks are worth whatever someone is willing to trade for them.

They also have no ability to quell disputes. Believe me I know.

Naturally. But everyone starting off the same pick value makes things much easier. 

Hail. 

On 2/24/2017 at 11:38 AM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Trade Value Chart. 

In the interests of unilateral fairness, the de facto draft pick trade value chart we will be using is the following, standard Jimmy Johnson devised one: 

2017 NFL Draft Trade Value Chart (You can even enter your team and highlight your draft picks. I'm too good to you guys. :superman:.). 

NO EXCEPTIONS!

In your private trade discussions, ALL GM's should reference this. If any GM is trying to force another, less common trade value chart on you and won't concede then please feel free to bring it to the Commissioners attention to sort out the dispute. 

So as someone who's not a fan of Jimmy Johnson's draft chart, and used a different chart as my main deciding factor in the previous two drafts, I have to ask...

What does this mean?

There's no way to "force" someone to take a trade or use a particular trade chart. And I imagine you're not suggesting that the Commission somehow FORCE a trade to be accepted or rejected because the Jimmy Johnson draft chart says it's a solid one or not? So what does "no exceptions mean"? 

Are we able to use any means we want for determining whether or not to take a trade, but we just can't verbalize that to the person? Or we're not allowed to take other factors besides the JJ trade chart into account at all?

I don't mean to be stirring up issues or anything, but I'm just trying to understand what the expectation is because I don't want to step over any lines.

1 hour ago, ZRagone said:

So as someone who's not a fan of Jimmy Johnson's draft chart, and used a different chart as my main deciding factor in the previous two drafts, I have to ask...

What does this mean?

There's no way to "force" someone to take a trade or use a particular trade chart. And I imagine you're not suggesting that the Commission somehow FORCE a trade to be accepted or rejected because the Jimmy Johnson draft chart says it's a solid one or not? So what does "no exceptions mean"? 

Are we able to use any means we want for determining whether or not to take a trade, but we just can't verbalize that to the person? Or we're not allowed to take other factors besides the JJ trade chart into account at all?

I don't mean to be stirring up issues or anything, but I'm just trying to understand what the expectation is because I don't want to step over any lines.

You don't think a common ground was needed in the interests of fairness? 

Being as there's been a few murmurings of discontent already at some BIG disparity's in informal trade talks resulting from differing value charts, I felt it more prudent to have a de facto one for everyone to reference to save arguments. And as the Jimmy Johnson model has been the majority favoured one for nigh on 3 decades that seemed a no-brainer. 

You wouldn't be forced to accept any trade. That's down to your private negotiations for what's right for you and your team. With the caveat that no trade would be rejected unless it was massively lopsided. In which case it would be subject to the Commissioner/ community vetoing. (Touch wood, outside of the mad initial period in our first draft with the trading of players, this hasn't as yet been an issue.). If you were to suggest to whomever during negotiations an alternative draft value chart, and they accepted, then great.  But were they to complain, I'd advise the JJ model be used. The same way the JJ model would be the deciding chart used to determine any massively lopsided trades as previously mentioned. 

I'm completely open to debate/ possible change on this if people are opposed. (As with everything.). 

It just seemed the natural option to go with the majority used method so everyone knows where they stand and is working from the same script to save problems. 

Hail. 

*Edit* You're not 'stirring up' anything BTW. Please don't feel that. It's good to hear differing views if something doesn't sit well. The best common solution for everyone on everything to have the most fun out of this is all that counts. 

As Epoch has the first 2 drafts, I reserve the right for any defining decisions but I'd rather we all agree than have anything forced. 

Archived