Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 ES GM's Mock Draft is now in the books. FULL details in the OP.

Gibbs Hog Heaven

If you call them, they will come! 

Or some ****. Anyway, as quickly as the cry goes out, the response comes back and I do believe we might well be FULL!!!!!

Just need confirmation on what someone wants to do but it looks like we're set to lock in our full list of this years GM's tomorrow! When we'll draw the lucky Redskins GM for 2017 and distribute teams to our 6 new GM's @AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy @bedlamVR @COWBOY-KILLA- @Hail2theSkins24 @Monk4thaHALL and @SamMills51. (Although Sam may be joining Gallen in the first co-ownership of our three year draft. But I have it covered if he does.). There's method in the madness of doing it that way round. Trust your Commissioner! 

GREAT job people! See @Dukes and Skins. He has cookies and beer out back! 

Hail. 

5 minutes ago, Epochalypse said:

The Browns have just hired me as their new GM and during my initial press conference I am making it known that the Browns are currently fielding offers for the first pick.

p.s. RG3 also available...

Good God MAN! After the carnage you left behind in Washington and Chicago, what have those poor, long suffering fans in Cleveland done to deserve THAT!!!!!

@Dukes and Skins Forget the cookies. Just send ALL the beer to Ohio. They're gonna' need it! :P.

Hail. 

Just now, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Good God MAN! After the carnage you left behind in Washington and Chicago, what have those poor, long suffering fans in Cleveland done to deserve THAT!!!!!

Hail. 

Many geniuses aren't truly appreciated in the moment they exist.  Sometimes it takes the passage of time to determine their true contribution to this world...

20 minutes ago, Epochalypse said:

Many geniuses aren't truly appreciated in the moment they exist.  Sometimes it takes the passage of time to determine their true contribution to this world...

That's about Ajayi right? 

Kind words. :).

8 hours ago, SamMills51 said:

Alright. Would love to do that.

Our first ever co-GM's! 

Interested to see how this one plays out. Well done you two for taking that brave step. 

Hail. 

Ok, the deadline for previous GM's to reclaim they're teams has passed. We have our willing new victims ..... uhmmmm, 'participants' to fill out the vacant slots. 

So today we'll tie up the lose ends, assign the new guys they're teams, and get to the main part of the selection process you've all been waiting on .....

The honour of running the 2017 NFL Draft for the Washington Redskins! :beavisnbutthead:

And the details of how we're going to do this .....

I've assigned a number, at random, to each of the 29 relevant names. (Myself and Epochalypse are excluded down to preciously having had the privilege in the first two years of our Mock. Along with PokerPoker who for some real strange reason doesn't want to be considered. Must be all that cheese messing with his head!). I decided to give Epoch, our erstwhile Commissioner and founder of this here Mock the deciding hand in this and he's readily accepted. So at some point today, he will return with a number between 1 and 29, and whomever that corresponds to will be the new GM of the Washington Redskins! (Unless they turn it down then we'll keep on going with another random number from Epoch. But I'm gonna' go out on a limb and say the chances of that happening are the slimmest side of slim! :806:.). 

After that, the remaining vacant slots will be divid up between our new GM's. To clear that up if it seems ass backwards ..... the reason that's happening after the Redskins decision is down to the possibility of an existing GM winning the Redskins role so it gives another different team option for the new GM's. Hopefully they'll decide between themselves who wants what team. (I'll be attending to that in PM's and some have already put preferences forward.). And if they can't, and more than one guy wants the same ball club, those names will be pulled out of a hat. 

So by the close of business today everyone will know who they are prepping for and we'll be set for Draft Day the end of the month! 

Any questions class? No? Good to hear! 

Keep an eye on the thread today for the formalities. 

-Commissioner Belvedere. 

Hail. 

Ok, then it's official. 

The GM of the Washington Redskins for the 2017 ES Mock Draft is Gallen5862! 

Congratulations Sir. Thank Epochalypse. (And anyone not happy, Epoch's the man you need to see for failing to call your number! :P.). 

Joking aside, do the 'Skins proud mate. 

And I don't think any you guys will mind if @SamMills51, our resident Panther fan, is now offered the chance to run them this draft. The only caveat to that Sam, if you accept which I've no doubt you will, is this is a one year loan gig, with Gallen reverting to his normal position as Panthers GM in 2018. 

Ok, now to sort out the remaining new GM's with teams and we can lock everything and let you all go prep for March 30 and Draft Day! 

Hail. 

Wait! What?!

Cheating!!! I strongly protest against this fake stuff! This what made up from the beginning!

you should all feel ashamed for such a travesty of the truth! I should be the Redskins GM by all accounts. But as always that filfthy Brit gave me no number just to pissed me off. That's obviously a blatant breaking of the spirit of the rule.

I'm appealing to the playing committee so this is sorted ASAP and everyone is stripped of 5 picks in this years draft and that they are given to me as compensation.

You should all remember that:

cheating-is-wrong.jpg

I shall have revenge!

Until then:

pepe2.jpg

Ok. The GM's are now all locked in place for this year's edition with 26 returning GM's (3 sadly unable to participate this year due to other commitments) and 6 new participants. A mere 7 days after we opened up. EXCELLENT work fella's.

NOW the hard part starts ..... Preparing for the draft and building your boards. (Or you can just leave it and wing it on every pick by sticking a pin into a bunch of names like Epoch and the French dude normally do ..... :P.). 

There's a complete, upto date as I type full draft order in the OP for reference that I shall keep abreast of and update with any real life trades of picks. 

Other than that, we go to draft 28 days from now at 12 PM EST, Thursday March 30. With all rosters/ picks being locked from 'real life' 12 hours earlier at midnight March 30. From that point on, only trades made between ourselves will interest us in our reality here. 

You are now all free to discuss any trade deals and fine tune the details of anything you agree on. With the obvious caveat that they can't be entered into the books until you are on the clock at that pick! Unless you happen to be the Cleveland Browns then I will accept any trade on the #1 pick officially after the rosters have been locked.

Enjoy Gentleman and thank you for making this real smooth and fun to press in my 'relief' Commissioner role. 

-Commissioner Belvedere. 

Hail. 

26 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Thanks for the opportunity! This looks like it's going to be fun!

Question - are compensatory picks included in the draft?

Welcome aboard Sir. It is fun. That's why we keep coming back and putting ourselves through this. 

They are not only included (they'd be the ones in the shaded areas the end of every round in the OP), for the first time this year, compensatory picks are completely in play! They can be traded! 

Hail. 

GHH,

The Raiders have a confirmed trade with the Rams GM. As I understand it, this will only become official when the Raiders on are the clock on March 30? I'll send the details to you at that point I assume too. 

Thanks for the undertaking btw! I'm sure you made a lot of guys happy me included.

I should warn everyone to be cautious when trading while we haven't lock our rosters. If a move occurs IRL and happens to use one of those picks, you won't have it when our rosters will be locked. So for example, you switch your 1st rounders with the Rams and a 4 and 5th this year. But in two weeks the LA Rams and Sean McVay decide to trade their 1st to Washington for Kirk Cousins. then your trade won't be able to take place as the Rams won't have that pick anymore. You'll have to negotiate it with the Redskins. (And the Rams would then have Cousins on their Rosters in our mock draft and the Redskins 2 first round picks this year).

1 hour ago, Chump Bailey said:

GHH,

The Raiders have a confirmed trade with the Rams GM. As I understand it, this will only become official when the Raiders on are the clock on March 30? I'll send the details to you at that point I assume too. 

Thanks for the undertaking btw! I'm sure you made a lot of guys happy me included.

YW bud.

As regard any trade you have worked out, as far as I understand it, once the draft starts, a trade can be announced at anytime, regardless of whether you're on the clock or not. 

So, once we have the rosters locked down Match 30, unless there's any objections, if you want to announce a trade before it's you're turn, I see no problem in allowing that. I wouldn't personally advise it as a lot can happen in players falling et all prior to your pick to change the value of it/ you maybe lucking into a particular player etc. But that's the individuals choice. 

Interesting to hear others views as to whether they'd have a problem with any time trade announcements once the draft starts or whether they'd rather those announcements wait until people are up and 'on the clock?' 

Hail. 

Archived