Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

20 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think the report reflected what was said about Mueller since he was appointed as SC...he's extremely methodical, meticulous, and dogged but he also is pretty conservative when it comes to following precedent and DoJ guidelines. Many experts and people who know Mueller have been saying for a long time that they doubt he'd indict Trump, people just didn't want to believe it.

IMO for a guy like Mueller, going out of his way to say that their report does not exonerate Trump is really damning and he made it pretty obvious that Congress is who should take up the decision on whether or not Trump obstructed justice or conspired to do so. This all fits in line with what we've heard about Mueller for a while now.

I think some people are frustrated that there's so much evidence against Trump on obstruction (from what I've read and my completely amateur legal understanding, I think it would pretty much be a slam dunk case in almost any other situation) but that Mueller didn't nail him for it. But that's not the same as saying he's now a hack. 

Dont like it but I respect it 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

We survived the Clinton's corruption, Obama's corruption

1 hour ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

they are going to have to move on and abandon their conspiracy lunacy. The right hurt themselves with that stuff 

Seems like it had the intended results for the Republicans 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I really don't get how this is not clearly obstruction of justice. 

It is. The problem is that it matters less in the end than one would hope. 

Just an incredibly disheartening situation all around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't help but be disheartened by the precedent this will set for long after the current POTUS leaves the White House.

Basically, you can do whatever the hell you want and be as corrupt as you want - just make sure your political party controls at least one branch of government so you can't be kicked out of office or face consequences for your actions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

It is. The problem is that it matters less in the end than one would hope. 

Just an incredibly disheartening situation all around. 

Yeah, it is.

No matter what Mueller did, Senate Republicans would never vote to remove him from office. Even if Mueller indicted him, it wouldn't have mattered. The WH would have fought it all the way to SCOTUS, which would have taken a while, and until then the new Republican spin would have been "We can't do anything without the courts weighing in!" or even "How can we remove him from office? He hasn't even been found guilty of anything yet!"

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I really don't get how this is not clearly obstruction of justice. 

3 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

How is this stuff not collusion? 

I really don’t understand.

Charging a President is difficult to impossible.

Charging Trump is even harder because the guy is the biggest bull****ter of all time with a lifetime of lawsuits in his belt.

Gotta move to impeach. Trump's hand-picked AG obviously is only there to protect him.

Not sure if I can “hold my nose” and vote for Bernie if he gets the nomination.  After all, I’m middle-aged, White and solidly middle-class...Bernie’s big tax dreams ain’t gonna do a thing for my Caribbean retirement plan circa 2025 or so.

Plus, turnabout is fair play and the sooner you Gen Y/millennial Bernie Bros learn how the world really works, the better off you’ll be.  Deal with it.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Not sure if I can “hold my nose” and vote for Bernie if he gets the nomination.  After all, I’m middle-aged, White and solidly middle-class...Bernie’s big tax dreams ain’t gonna do a thing for my Caribbean retirement plan circa 2025 or so.

Plus, turnabout is fair play and the sooner you Gen Y/millennial Bernie Bros learn how the world really works, the better off you’ll be.  Deal,with it.

Bernie better not be the nominee.

The last thing we need is a fringe candidate with an out of touch base.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Heisenberg said:

I can't help but be disheartened by the precedent this will set for long after the current POTUS leaves the White House.

Basically, you can do whatever the hell you want and be as corrupt as you want - just make sure your political party controls at least one branch of government so you can't be kicked out of office or face consequences for your actions.

Actually I am ok with that facet of American politics. It puts the power to impeach more with the voters. Elections are held every two years, if Americans want a president impeached they should vote for people who will impeach the president.

A bigger problem is the gerrymandering and voter suppression that make a lot of competitive districts not competitive.

As much as I respect Mueller, this seems like a huge mistake, as is trusting Barr and Congress to do the right thing with the report.  I wonder if things get a lot worse down the road, if Mueller and others on the team will be having second thoughts about some of this.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Actually I am ok with that facet of American politics. It puts the power to impeach more with the voters. Elections are held every two years, if Americans want a president impeached they should vote for people who will impeach the president.

Only a third of the Senate is up every 2 years though. Doesn't put power to impeach with the voters when you need 2/3rd of them to impeach.

• Like 1