Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

I don't know why anyone would think this is good for Trump. All this does is drag out the entire conspiracy/coverup/investigations/committees/hearings, etc. If Trump had half a brain, he would've instructed Barr to release as much of the report as her could. His base doesn't care what he does and the left that hates him wouldn't vote for him even if he was exonerated. However, right before the report came out today, a new poll show his approval rating is at 31% among swing voters, thats lower than even liberals. You can't win an election with those kind of numbers among swing voters.

I think ultimately, it will be up to the 2020 voters.  You can have an impeachment vote tomorrow. Trump gets impeached but the GOP Senate will never convict.  So, you have a supercharged electorate in 2020.  I personally think Trump will use the impeachment to get himself reelected.  Just based on what we know today, it isn't going to move the needle one bit.  Those in support of Trump will remain with him and those against him, just have their beliefs confirmed. Sorry, I do not have faith in the American pulbic to do the right thing in 2020. I just feel the impeachment supercharges Trump side so much, it defeats the Dems.

I wonder if the Dems can have an impeachment without actually impeaching. You go through the process and set your case, for the Dem nominee to use against Trump in 2020. The Congressional and Senate candidates show, the case is there for crimes committed by Trump but their GOP opponent is just covering for Trump.  The facts show Trump is guilty but the GOP isn't doing a thing about it.  You start making that point now, all the way until Election Day 2020.  You would hope that would convince enough people to throw the GOP and Trump out. I just feel the voters are the only ones who can make the ultimate decision.

Trump is going to pay for his crimes but it probably won't be until after he's president.  Honestly, I think after hearing about what Trump tried to do; Trump is probably going to hang himself.   Trump is bound to commit more crimes, in his attemp to get reelected.  Thing is, noone will be there, in the administration, to stop him now and he will end up not only hanging himself but bring the GOP down with him.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I wonder if the Dems can have an impeachment without actually impeaching.

That's an interesting idea.  Maybe they should make the case for impeachment, bring in legal experts explaining why it should happen and then point out that they can't do anything because of the senate.  I'm still not sure about the idea, but it at least makes the point for the public and perhaps keep Trump in check or even builds up support for impeachment later.

9 minutes ago, Springfield said:

But didn’t this show that he tried to remove Mueller multiple times only to be told no by the people he tried to have remove Mueller?

I guess it’s only a crime if they actually do something.  I think it would be a little strange to file obstruction charges on requests the president made but weren’t implemented, there’s no obstruction, just wanting to obstruct.

Im only talking about that very narrow instance. The consensus is that there is a lot of different evidence of obstruction which I won’t disagree with.

2 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I guess it’s only a crime if they actually do something.  I think it would be a little strange to file obstruction charges on requests the president made but weren’t implemented, there’s no obstruction, just wanting to obstruct.

Im only talking about that very narrow instance. The consensus is that there is a lot of different evidence of obstruction which I won’t disagree with.

I was more referring to the fact that he said he could end the investigation at any time, when in fact he did try... and failed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I was more referring to the fact that he said he could end the investigation at any time, when in fact he did try... and failed.

He learned (surprising, huh?) from firing Comey that firing people for failing to cover up your crimes is actually illegal. 

So he spent a year and a half ordering subordinates to commit the crime, for him. 

2 minutes ago, visionary said:

I remember a lot of people getting convicted for wanting/attempting to commit a crime....

Pretty sure attorneys in this thread have pointed out that conspiracy to obstruct justice is a crime, too. 

Edited by Larry
  • Like 1

Oh, and I'm also admiring that apparently, Barr would like us to keep in mind that Donald Trump spent a year and a half ordering multiple subordinates to kill an ongoing investigation by firing the investigator, because he knew that he was innocent, 

. . . of obstruction of justice. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can you imagine what's in the full unredacted report if the stripped down version is this damming? 

Barr might be good at kicking the kitty litter over that stinking pile of poo off in the corner, but this mess was just too big for even his villainous powers. 

• Thanks 2

“Don’t want to do it politically” is such a pathetic indictment of Democrats if they choose to go down this route and not impeach. 

I am not sure I will vote for any of their candidates in 2020 if they back down on this. They will have utterly failed to be a counter to the worst person to hold office since Nixon. And unlike Nixon, Trump and the GOP will be well aware that no one will check their abuse of power.

• Like 2