Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I have little hope that anything comes from mueller. Especially if he’s potentially considering wrapping it up and we have no leaks or news 

I do feel hopes have been built too high.  NOTHING in the government that has big news is without leaks.  Sadly, I think there will be proof of some minor misdeeds but only circumstantial evidence of the big stuff.  Not enough to justify removing him.  Of course I also didn't think the Caps would win the cup.  Maybe I just set my expectations low to avoid disappointment. 

11 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I do feel hopes have been built too high.  NOTHING in the government that has big news is without leaks.  Sadly, I think there will be proof of some minor misdeeds but only circumstantial evidence of the big stuff.  Not enough to justify removing him.  Of course I also didn't think the Caps would win the cup.  Maybe I just set my expectations low to avoid disappointment. 

It is a Redskins message board. 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I have little hope that anything comes from mueller. Especially if he’s potentially considering wrapping it up and we have no leaks or news 

I think it a effort to rehabilitate the image of the DOJ and illustrative of the lack of a real need for a special counsel to start with vs the perception brought on by the Orange guy's temperament and actions.

then again he may be sandbagging. :ph34r:

It looks like the actual breaking news is this: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/article213655989.html

tl;dr: Manafort was given a truck load of money right after leaving the Trump campaign from a guy who was doing bidding on behalf of the Russian government ot have sanctions lifted.

Somehow Michael Cohen and Felix Sater, two close Trump confidants, are involved in this somehow.

Edited by No Excuses

17 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yep, I kinda agree.  I think everyone on both sides is tired of this investigation.

On 6/22/2018 at 8:34 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

From the article, he is considering wrapping it up because this is too big for him to handle and goes outside of the scope of the election.

Think about him farming out the Cohen stuff to the Manhattan Southern District.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

From the article, he is considering wrapping it up because this is too big for him to handle and goes outside of the scope of the election.

Think about him farming out the Cohen stuff to the Manhattan Southern District.

I was thinking about this. There was likely a TON of intel community-provided evidence at the beginning of the investigation related to election activities. At that point, as an investigator, you need like one solid witness to corroborate (cough cough Gates). So as they get into it more, more evidence of crimes outside the scope are turned up, of course you’re going to farm that out to other DOJ divisions. And if you’re Mueller and you’ve already reached your conclusion (Trump campaign and family members conspired with Russia to defraud the US electorate, and Donald Trump obstructed justice) then there’s no reason to continue. 

You send the reports to Congress regarding the activities of the president and unseal the potentially dozens of indictments simultaneously, and announce your job is done. 

• Like 1